Death Slide glitch at the bottom of the elevator shaft

Nasdaq401

I cannot believe.....CANNOT believe they didnt fix this with the recent update viewtopic.php?f=100&t=29127 It happened to me AGAIN, this morning after I had gotten set up and was on my way to my spot I like to play in. This is a very serious flaw in this map that they need to address. So am I supposed not be able to use the provided play areas and stay in certain areas because of this? The map is BROKEN. I'm astonished... I truly am. After reading all of the communities disappointments with treyarch should I really be upset though? Wow... Sorry for the rant guys, I'm just shocked, I really am.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not fall damage, I have dropped from the last stoop after going to the bathroom during a crawler break and still gone down. I had no damage whatsoever when I dropped down onto the slide and also had Jugg.

I mean no disrespect Telexion, but this is just what I have experienced.

This is a glitch/bug not a featured hazard of the map.

I don't think I have ever gone down to this 'Slide Glitch' & I go down ALOT. (Stupid red 1 bar)

I always try to recover before I jump to the platform on the left. I actually thought they had taken away any damage sustained as I was not even getting Red Screened at all after the patch yesterday?

But there are many people here that say it is still a problem?

Happened to me yesterday when we were at half done with Maxis Easter. Ended with game over. I don't know if it has something to do with guns you carry, I was holding a sniper at that time so its possible for us to get stuck because the slide ending by AN 94 is narrow. It never happened to me before until yesterday cuz I normally hold M1911 for speed while running around or sliding.

Here is a video of what happened.

http://www.twitch.tv/mwa2012/c/1946758

Just to reproduce this I slide again holding a sniper and I didn't get stuck so its really annoying.

Its fall damage. You have to take it slow and heal up before you keep going.

That is not true. While that CAN happen, it is nearly always the case that it kills you when you had NO fall damage. It's a glitch in the game. There's a specific spot that you have some chance of the game getting you stuck in it with no hope of escaping.

Btw, has nothing to do with what guns you have. (Unless you're talking about weight [pistol vs LMG], then perhaps, but I wouldn't know {I do know however that even with a pistol, you may or may not die})

This had never happened to me until the last week. Now its happened 4 times at the bottom and once when I hit the porch roof looking drop and it shot me through the wall. i was always 100% health and with both jugs. It has only happened at the bottom of the slide when I have whos-who as well (may not be a factor though) and out of the 4 times at the bottom, twice its happened strait after buying Galva-Knuckles. I have a video SLOWLY uploading, so I will post when its rendered and hopefully people can explain where im going wrong until this is patched. IT HAD BETTER BE PATCHED! Its a map ender for me! kills any will to play this map :cry:

Yeah, I've experienced both this glitch and the one where you instantly die coming down the slide to the Mystery Box.

I can confirm that neither is related to fall damage, and that both are still in the game. (Was downed by the one to the box just last night. Took me down instantly, had 4 perks, Sliquifier, M&S, Ray Gun, Monkeys... gah.) Yeah Treyarch needs to fix this.

almost everyone has experienced this, in an attempt to combat it the general rule with my friends and i is that we travel in 2's everywhere we go in die rise should the need for a revive occur.

it stinks, it should be fixed, i agree, rabble rabble

That's a good rule of thumb for zombies, but even if you die at the bottom of the shoot and you have all four players there, they can not revive the downed man. He is in unplayable space.

almost everyone has experienced this, in an attempt to combat it the general rule with my friends and i is that we travel in 2's everywhere we go in die rise should the need for a revive occur.

it stinks, it should be fixed, i agree, rabble rabble

That's a good rule of thumb for zombies, but even if you die at the bottom of the shoot and you have all four players there, they can not revive the downed man. He is in unplayable space.

Often you do get stuck on the slide, you can't revive yourself with ww either. You can jump, start to revive....fall back down...grrr...

But often you get thrown into the an-94 room and can be revived. (About 60% slide, 40% an room in my experience solo and mp). Also note that if you collide with someone down there, you both go down, so space and time it appropriately so someone lands, orientates, buys an, leaves, before the next guy gets down (if you have the time to be careful).

I'm surprised that someone as high up on the chain as Telixion would claim this to be over reacting in not one, but two threads on the subject, and numerous reports from countless users.

In the first thread it was taken lightly by me, as evidently some people haven't experienced it as much and associated it with fall damage. By now I would figure it would become apparent that with such an uproar on not only this forum but others as well, it wouldn't be a question of fall damage anymore.

-that was my view on that note.

As far as any help I can offer:

The outside area of the map where many people (as well as myself) have GLITCHED out, and gone down losing perks, guns, and other items, is slanted from the zombie spawn to the AN-94. The high end of this ramp is near the zombie spawn, the low end is near AN-94 or "playable-area".

When looking down at the initial "death-jump" the ramp I am speaking about is slanted from right to left. The right side is the zombie spawn, the left is the AN-94 or "playable-area".

After looking at myself in theater while jumping toward the left, right, and middle, I can say that for the most part the right is the way to go. No matter which way you jump you are thrown into the same corner with a little piece of concrete that juts out and catches the character.

Jumping right simply gives you a different angle at which you hit this small piece of concrete, and is not a perfect solution as others have reported deaths after this. This does cut down on it happening tremendously.

The actual glitch occurs when a player gets caught by the piece of concrete I am talking about. It makes the game think you are trying to cheat by getting out of the map, so it kills you. It is understandable except for the fact that no one in their right minds would camp on that little ramp. I digress...

Hope this helped and I wasn't bashing anyone, just shocked really.

I'm glad I've found this. I've been dying by this glitch ever since day one. I just recently played a game to round 31 and did not die a single time by actual zombies but had gotten down 6 times due to this glitch. I played a couple of solo games in the 30s and have gotten down by it to end the game. My K/D ratio was 300 before this started to happen and now it dropped down to about 250.

I was happy when I saw the update because I had expected this to be patched and yet my first game after the update I had gone down yet again by this horrific piece of crap glitch.