Jet Gun obsolete now?

Dahniska

Hi.

I was just playing a match of Tranzit with some friends. Built the Jet Gun and started to use it with the prefire technique, where you can start it up fast and then put it away again. I did everything perfectly as I did in the past, but what do you know, the Jet Gun doesn't suck the zombies in and I almost die in a corner. I run away, wierded out, and I try it again. Nope, it's still not sucking them in. It actually starts killing them about a second after it starts sucking.

What the heck Treyarch? Did they change it now so that the Jet Gun can only be used the old-style slow way? If this is indeed the case, high rounds in Tranzit will become so much more difficult than they were before.

Probably not gonna even bother passing my high score for TranZit, now.

Seriously, what the heck? First time they update it and the zombies swing faster, and die out when you leave the area. Now, the Jet Gun can't even be used semi-quickly anymore. I wish Treyarch would stop messing with TranZit, it was pretty much just fine the way it was when it was released, minus a few barrier glitches here and there.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have same problems. I have stopped playing zombies all together because of the many many many glitches and bugs now. Teleporting doesnt work right, zombies act crazy now, jetgun is ineffective, zombies on the bus can swing from other end and somehow smack you and every time they "fix" one a few more pop up. I am waiting until they fix it, because I get kicked from most games I play. I port forewarded my ps3 and it worked alot better. Zombies still kicks me or members of party at random even when connection is not low. Its FUBAR. Im disappointed.

Well if you think about it, the gun was never designed to be used the way it was used by players in the past.

Pulling it out and having to put it away again and killing 2 or 3 zombies at a time was clearly never intended by the game makers. They fixed it, pure and simple. The boards should be reset.

Hi.

I was just playing a match of Tranzit with some friends. Built the Jet Gun and started to use it with the prefire technique, where you can start it up fast and then put it away again. I did everything perfectly as I did in the past, but what do you know, the Jet Gun doesn't suck the zombies in and I almost die in a corner. I run away, wierded out, and I try it again. Nope, it's still not sucking them in. It actually starts killing them about a second after it starts sucking.

What the heck Treyarch? Did they change it now so that the Jet Gun can only be used the old-style slow way? If this is indeed the case, high rounds in Tranzit will become so much more difficult than they were before.

Probably not gonna even bother passing my high score for TranZit, now.

Seriously, what the heck? First time they update it and the zombies swing faster, and die out when you leave the area. Now, the Jet Gun can't even be used semi-quickly anymore. I wish Treyarch would stop messing with TranZit, it was pretty much just fine the way it was when it was released, minus a few barrier glitches here and there.

Zombies no longer die if you leave the area, or at least that's what I found yesterday when playing (Crawlers, Injured zombies and Full health zombies left behind.)

a zombie should only die out if they are injured like it is on die rise. But the jetgun thing was a glitch. I knew it was when i first saw it and never did it. And people that defended it saying it was a legit technique made me think they were stupid. I'm glad they patched it but the jet gun just needs a buff of making that thing cool down faster.

a zombie should only die out if they are injured like it is on die rise. But the jetgun thing was a glitch. I knew it was when i first saw it and never did it. And people that defended it saying it was a legit technique made me think they were stupid. I'm glad they patched it but the jet gun just needs a buff of making that thing cool down faster.

I'm much the same. I never did it because I hardly ever used it. The range it covers is terrible. You might be able to get the zombies directly in the middle of the group, but not at the sides. If it had the range like the Thundergun, I would use it more, but for me it's just more trouble than it's worth.

Crawlers still die if you leave them behind on PS3.

They're not for me. Everytime I teleported, the last zombie/s would just respawn in the area I went too. Though one time it did die out. However it was a one off occurance.

Treyarch patched it because that's not how it is meant to be used. If it was, the map would be small because they would've given you a glithced jet gun and that's all you need.

I mean, you don't see people making wishes and they automatically come true. That's not how life is done. In life, you make the best of it. In video games patches and new maps/guns/difficulty, make the best of it or shut up and go play something else.

• Administrators

What I don't understand is why did it take them 3 months to "Fix" this if it was a glitch. Seems to me they would've fixed it within the first few days or weeks not months.

Because many people did not call it a "glitch". Everyone and their mothers began to use this new quickdraw method for clearing hordes up into the higher rounds, where it is a must to have the Jet Gun. In fact, people didn't really talk about it since it was a "professional" secret among slayers who knew what they were doing. It was not publicly aware for the vast majority, but I'm guessing that Treyarch paid attention to the community's gameplay experience to make the new mode (Die Rise) easier/harder.

This reminds me of BO and yes Lithium is absolutely correct. If you are angered by the speed in which your favorite "glitches" get patched, then simply don't talk about them! If you find about a gitch on youtube, then it is sure to be patched soon after.

Alot of these glitches are bugs that were placed there for Dev's to experoment with OR are just the result of complicated unpredictable coding.

Either way the Devs do visit these forums and sites like youtube looking to see what people find about the game good or bad and if they are finding a bunch of exploits they will start patching them.

This is the oldest way of zombies. As far back as I can remember knowing about glitches, I remember being told that you don't post about them online or on youtube because they will find out and fix it.

Personally I believe these exploits and glitches take away from the game, and I usually don't party up with people who are trying to cheat. Be good at the game, or die trying.

Knifing has one little suicidal problem ;) You are rooted while charging. OK, you can still use the trick but it will never ever be as fast as it was before, because you have to gain distance in advance.

I tried to use the jetgun in the bar, destroying on purpose and reassemble it midround (temp is then 0 again), but it turned out to be too dangerous and too tedious.

Obsolete - no ;) You are just forced to use it in 60+, if you want or not ;) It just got slower. I also use it in narrow spots like stairs or the M16 platform.

I'm not too sure what Tom means by "rooted" but im guessing he is talking about the fact you can't sprint while in the knife animation.

Which does suck but in the end it's worth it since using the knife method is actually faster per burst. It is less safe since you can't sprint for half a second every burst but that's like most fast strategy you have to trade a bit of safety for speed.

Anyways if anyone is still looking to do high rounds on this map you should do it now, before this method gets patched as well...

This was the one thing that made the jetgun even semi-good. The intended way of using it is godawful and most everyone (I would think) probably feels cheated out of a wonder weapon that doesn't take two minutes to kill 24 zombies (the intended way). When I finally figured out about the precharge, I started doing it with claymores, which worked about twice as fast as regular precharge. Now that they've patched that too, I don't see any reason to ever try going for a record breaker on this map again.

Knife precharge just isn't the same and is so much more dangerous (you can't look at the zombies or else you'll lunge at them). The one thing I actually liked about this map...patched, when it was desperately needed.

Well if you think about it, the gun was never designed to be used the way it was used by players in the past.

Pulling it out and having to put it away again and killing 2 or 3 zombies at a time was clearly never intended by the game makers. They fixed it, pure and simple. The boards should be reset.

Completely agree. The majority of people who made is past round 60, did so using this method. The Jetgun was never intended to be used like this.

If you cannot play it the way it is intended, too bad. I am pleased they did this.

• 2 weeks later...

Completely agree. The majority of people who made is past round 60, did so using this method. The Jetgun was never intended to be used like this.

If you cannot play it the way it is intended, too bad. I am pleased they did this.

RIGHT ON!!!!!

Jet gun? WHats that? NOOB?

In fact, people didn't really talk about it since it was a "professional" secret among slayers who knew what they were doing.

This is exactly the reason why it got patched so late. No one really knew about it. It was only when Yoteslaya and others put the high round videos up, that it came to the public's attention on how to actually do it.

Shame of course, but also understandable. This was not the intended purpose for the gun.

Problem we have now though, is that there is literally hundreds, nay, thousands of people on the leaderboards who exploited this method, and Treyarch did not remove them when they did the recent leaderboard clear out.

Also understandable, as it is a fine line to say if someone is "cheating", when they are legitimately running there trains into excessively high rounds, and mearly using an exploit in a weapon, that was neither confirmed, or denied, to be right or wrong.

Sad thing now though, is that reaching a realistic placement on the Tranzit leaderboard is all but out of the question.