Step by Step Guide to Resetting Your Stats

Hi fellow slayers,

So I've recently come across a very quick and easy way to reset your stats. Technically, it is a glitch and could have some unknown consequences; don't say I didn't warn you. Sorry to any mods that have an issue with this, but I really didn't think it was hurting anything and have seen several posts asking for a way to reset your stats.

As far as I know this method works on all platforms. The patch today may have affected xbox 360 but it wasn't in the patch notes and my friend reset his last night.

This is a great way for people wishing to perform comprehensive tests on the ranking system to do so without making new accounts! Also, for anyone who really dug themselves a hole and wants shotties (my friends case) it gives you a second chance. (He left his xbox on and got put into matches all day when he was at work, his k/d was 2.54 when he got home :lol:)

I didn't find this, nor do I know who deserves the credit, I'll post a video at the bottom from iowagaming where I first saw it.

Basically, it forces stat corruption via the local gamemode.

Step 1: Sign in to xbox live/psn/etc and go to the Zombies Main Menu.

Step 2: Unplug your internet cable from your console. Turn off your router if wireless. Just make your console lose connection with the internet. On xbox you'll see a message saying you were disconnected from xbl. You should see something similar on the other platforms.

Step 3: Click on local, and enter the map select screen.

Step 4: Press B on xbox or the go back button on other platforms. You should see a message asking you if you want to exit.

Step 5: Plug back in your internet cable/reconnect your router and sign back into your online profile.

Step 6: Now click "yes" to go back to main menu, you should get a little lag and see the maxis diary entry.

Now you're a single bone again, your stats should be straight zeros (kills, revives, downs, etc). I don't believe this affects your leaderboard high rounds but don't take my word on it. I just guided my friend through it and haven't done it myself.

Here's a video walkthrough by iowagaming, where I first saw this done.

WMWNX8dktlg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this reset bank accounts and EE?

I'm tempted to do this, because I feel I could easily raise my k/d with a fresh start, but I don't want to lose EE progress, the bank account would just be a minor annoyance, but EE wipe is a deal breaker.

First hand experience, please let us all know what this resets specifically.

This happened to me(although I didn't do it on purpose and I lost my shotguns because of it) but I can confirm that it doesn't reset your high round records, just your overall stats. I also lost the contents of my tranzit bank, fridge and the navcard table as well, though none of those take too long to sort out again. I hadn't done the Easter egg but I'm sure you would lose that as wel.

Does this reset bank accounts and EE?

I'm tempted to do this, because I feel I could easily raise my k/d with a fresh start, but I don't want to lose EE progress, the bank account would just be a minor annoyance, but EE wipe is a deal breaker.

First hand experience, please let us all know what this resets specifically.

Now I haven't actually done this myself, but from what I've read you stil have the achievements but the towers are not lit after doing this. That leads me to believe that this will in fact reset the EE's, at least for in-game purposes. My friend hadn't done much but by leaving himself in a lobby had racked up 1500 downs while only having 4000 kills

If anyone who has had stat corruption via local could list any negative affects they've noticed it would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: @schittus_d

Thanks! Just saw this.

seems like an exploit to me... don't think this is really the kind of thing we should be advertising here on codz

Not sure how this is hurting anything. Tbh the game should allow stat resetting anyways considering how bad of a rank system they implemented. In my friends case he was stuck on single bone because the lobby never kicked him.

The galvaknuckle spawn zone is more of an exploit then this is. If there is something about this you find wrong please share it.

@Luck; not sure what troubles you are having? make sure you are in local when you re-sign in. I'm not sure if it works on pc, i don't see why not...but i'm not sure.

Zombie ranks are so messed up as it is. I need to play zombies every day of my life to be considered a "great" player? (To get the slashes and blue eyes) Gimme a break. The rank system is so flawed and really has no merit to it IMO. I've seen people with two bones emblems who are far better than other players with blue eyed shotguns. It really is a flawed system.

seems like an exploit to me... don't think this is really the kind of thing we should be advertising here on codz

Not sure how this is hurting anything. Tbh the game should allow stat resetting anyways considering how bad of a rank system they implemented. In my friends case he was stuck on single bone because the lobby never kicked him.

The galvaknuckle spawn zone is more of an exploit then this is. If there is something about this you find wrong please share it.

@Luck; not sure what troubles you are having? make sure you are in local when you re-sign in. I'm not sure if it works on pc, i don't see why not...but i'm not sure.

well as far as i see it, the stats are designed to show your entire history of playing zombies... so resetting would be blatantly erasing that past. it would be different if they implemented some kind of prestige system where you could reset with a token like in MP, but this is just intentionally using a glitch to reset the stats when that was not intended to be an option in the game itself

I think this is a good workaround to what 3arc should have implemented in the first place. So Good job on posting that. I don't think its hurting any one or any one is actually abusing game play, simply resetting your stats to rank up again is not bad at all. Will give this a try.

I tend to agree with Way, it is a glitch but you aren't cheating really. Your new stats still depend on your new gameplay, you aren't artificially inflating your record.

one question, if you do this, will it also reset your multiplayer stats? weapon unlocks, etc?

or just zombies stats?

Prior to my stats getting reset, I played exactly one multiplayer match (its not really my thing) so I had made the smallest amount of progress. I just checked now, and my multiplayer stats haven't been reset. I don't know much about the multiplayer side of the game to give any specifics though.

I filled in a form on sunday on activisions support site to restore my old stats, but I'm still waiting. At this rate, I'll have re-earned the shotties first anyway, :lol: Personally, I don't think activision care that much, and if that's true I really don't see the harm in anyone exploiting this. Besides, the glitch itself seems a natural thing to do, you can't play online so you play local instead. That's what happened to me. Just a shame I wasted 2 months gradually raising my k/d ratio for it to end up getting reset anyway. :cry:

All my highest rounds are still on the leaderboards, for all solo and co op leaderboards for both green run and nuketown (no die rise yet I'm on ps3). Grief wins and loses are also still on the leaderboards.

You lose all your other stats though (kills, revives etc) and those leaderboards will be updated with zero for everything. You also lose all the tranzit related stuff I mentioned in my first post.

At first i was fairly upset about the possibility of being stuck at a skull due to not understanding how the ranking system worked in the very first weeks and months of the games release, and doing things like helping friends get perma-quick revive and screwing around trying to figure all the new things out. I was basically hell-bent on doing everything i could to fix my stats just so i could obtain a new emblem. But the more i read different peoples opinions and really think about it, Birdman is right. I think its better to not glitch your stats and erase your entire history just so you can have a picture of shotguns next to your name. Wouldnt you find it more satisfying to show how youve grown and learned how to be a better player over time? Just because you have shotguns doesnt mean your one of the best out there. But if you can actually spend the time to honestly increase your rank and climb the leaderboards by getting better and playing better games, then you are proving to the entire community that you both worked hard for and deserve your position. I dont think this new ranking system treyarch developed is flawed in the least bit. I actually think its ingenious. It shows true progression of somebodys skills both currently and over time. "Glitching" or resetting your stats is actually ruining the whole point of the ranking system that treyarch intended it to be. Its kind of like finding a "god-spot" in a level jist so you can get to lvl 100 or something so you can be #1. Obviously doing that is in a bit of a different ballpark, but its the same game... Granted this is just my personal opinion, but if you are really understanding the point im trying to get across here, am i wrong...?

your not wrong, you just have a different opinion.

referring to resetting your stats as glitching i think is inaccurate. it may be a glitch in the system but the way many see it, it is not cheating.

again, you need to re-earn your rank and k/d. if you cheat to do that then that is on you.

i think if it were not for the mysterious way the rank system works people would look at his differently, if we all knew from day 1 how important your k/d was to your rank emblem and how easily you could bury yourself playing around and testing things that people who cared would have played differently.

all that said, i have tried this reset trick multiple times and it hasn't worked for me. idk if it is patched or what...

Honestly, I'm not really into resetting anymore.

At first I was excited because I wanted to have a good shot at getting a better rank now that I know what I must do to get it, but after discovering all the glitches and how effed up the leaderboards are because of these glitches/exploits, it just doesn't matter anymore. Why should I worry about a broken system?

Instead of resetting, I am just focusing on stats game-to-game. So, when I finish a game I do a quick k/d formula. I like to see myself improve and oftentimes I do, so that's satisfactory enough for me. Randoms that scout for high emblems and "judge a book by its cover" can pass me by and that's fine, but once they actually play with me, they see I can hold my own and often carry others.

I'm actually beginning to enjoy my simple skull because it doesn't accurately portray my skill level, thus players are pleasantly surprised when they see my actual level of skill. Plus, I feel more experienced because I made mistakes when I first learned the map and it shows.

Dear Treyarch,

I will play you 800 Microsoft points to reset my stats.

Although I believe it should be for free because you refused to explain how the ranking system worked and the fact that you added 200 downs to my list when you released POS turned mode.

Thanks for jacking up my stats and making my Shotguns unobtainable because of your garbage attempts to a new "Mode"

Sincerely,

Pissed off Customer