Peacekeeper?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Peacekeeper is only available in Multiplayer's Revolution maps.

no you can use it in any of the multiplayer maps, i'm assuming you meant that it is available through the revolution dlc pack? because even if you didnt buy the dlc you can pick up a peacekeeper off the ground if you killed a guy that had it...

they really missed an opportunity here though it would be super cool if the special dlc gun was found in the corresponding zombies map and maybe even give it a special use too... 'twould be very cool treyarch :)

I hate that we paid for DLC that includes a gun and zombies that has those two things be mutually exclusive! We paid for this! Why can't the gun we got be included in OUR game modes? Why JUST Multiplayer? That's just plain inconsiderate.

Word! How hard could it have been to include the Peacekeeper as a wall weapon or as a mystery box weapon?

I think this missed opportunity would have added a bit more unique flavor to the map.

- Mix

I hate that we paid for DLC that includes a gun and zombies that has those two things be mutually exclusive! We paid for this! Why can't the gun we got be included in OUR game modes? Why JUST Multiplayer? That's just plain inconsiderate.

Word! How hard could it have been to include the Peacekeeper as a wall weapon or as a mystery box weapon?

I think this missed opportunity would have added a bit more unique flavor to the map.

- Mix

Good point. A wallgun would not have required as much code.

Thanks Mix.

It doesn't take that much code. It's a simple change of probabilities once you get past the simple addition of a weapon. In PC custom maps, they do it literally all the time. There are no two maps where the guns in the Box are the exact same; it always changes from level to level. Adding one more would've been easy. I know there's a cap limit on how many you can do, but I know they didn't reach it, as Nuketown had more guns than Die Rise did.

I understand the "zombies only" player might be a little disappointed, but there hasn't ever been any weapon dlc in the past, its almost like complaining about not being able to play zombies on the MP maps that are dlc... apples and oranges. Although I think it would have been great marketing to include the new gun in zombies too, might cause some "mp only" players to crossover and give zombies a try

also @83457 im not sure what you mean by that, you have to buy at least 2 doors to get to the MP5 at the very least...

I understand the "zombies only" player might be a little disappointed, but there hasn't ever been any weapon dlc in the past, its almost like complaining about not being able to play zombies on the MP maps that are dlc... apples and oranges. Although I think it would have been great marketing to include the new gun in zombies too, might cause some "mp only" players to crossover and give zombies a try

also @83457 im not sure what you mean by that, you have to buy at least 2 doors to get to the MP5 at the very least...

I am unsure which post that you meant.

I was suggesting that they could put it under semtex. If you went down the elevator just outside the room under semtex, you would need to buy 1 door to get back to the elevators that would take you to the roof proper.

If they replaced the mp5, you would have to buy 1 door to get it (assuming on roof already).

Unless you can fall from the area near the top of the dragon ramp...

I'm gonna ask that question.

If I missed what you were asking, quote the part I confused you on.

tbh, i think what likely happened is that the process of fine tuning/balancing multiplayer stats for the peacekeeper was probably something that ran far into the later stages of the dlc development cycle. devs had probably been nearing completion of 'die rise' and transitioning to future dlc before the peacekeeper was even a thing.

just a thought.

regardless, with the addition of the pdw i have no problem with the peacekeeper's absence, whatever the reason. the two guns have remarkably similar stats on paper, but the pdw's mobility and clip size make it a much more compatible with zombies imho