Something I've Noticed

FatedTitan

So I haven't been on here for many weeks because I try to avoid CoDz while a group of friends and I figure out the Easter Egg on our own. With the inconsistency that I've had this time around, we've only gotten to the point where Maxis talks about reincarnation. That would be after shooting balls out of dragons' mouths. Anyone want to tell me how much longer I have percentage wise? Haha!

But something that has had me thinking since I first played Die Rise has to do with the solo cut scene. As you all know, all of the characters die, but then come back. Stullinger seems to be the only one who recognizes that they've been there before. But what immediately came to my mind was Brock and Gary. The main characters are in a never-ending loop until they complete their goal. Do you believe there to be a connection?

Sorry if this thought has already been posted. As I stated, I haven't been on here since the map pack came out. Hope you have all been well. Hopefully my group can finally get together and work on this Easter Egg and get Maxis complete.

I will ask one question. For some reason, when we do the elevators for Maxis(stepping on symbols), we buy the sniper with a character not Stully to trigger Maxis' quote. Then we turn power on and set it up where we all stand on the elevators. Sometimes, when we get on, they glow and we get the quote. Other times, nothing happens at all. We've stood, we've all jumped at the same time, we've done what we thought we had to do, yet no glow. Any ideas what we've done wrong?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

That would be after shooting balls out of dragons' mouths. Anyone want to tell me how much longer I have percentage wise? Haha!

I'd say you're about a good 40-50% of the way there. You have a few more steps to go, but you're not that far from the end. In fact, I can tell you that you've gotten past the hard part already.

But something that has had me thinking since I first played Die Rise has to do with the solo cut scene. As you all know, all of the characters die, but then come back. Stullinger seems to be the only one who recognizes that they've been there before. But what immediately came to my mind was Brock and Gary. The main characters are in a never-ending loop until they complete their goal. Do you believe there to be a connection?

Brock and Gary were stuck in an infinite loop where they would die whether you helped them navigate through the tunnels or not. No matter what the crew could do, they'd be dead either way. I don't believe our new crew is stuck in the same loop in regards to accomplishing the Side Quests, but rather given a "second chance".

Richtofen may have enough power to resurrect them to a certain instance in time that is not too far ago. We could presume that they could have utterly failed the instructions given to them upon first appearing in Great Leap Forward, allowing Richtofen to reverse time by a little bit if they were to die (which they did).

By reversing time, it allows them to be revived yet contain a gist of their memories. Hence Stuhlinger's deja-vu moment.

I will ask one question. For some reason, when we do the elevators for Maxis(stepping on symbols), we buy the sniper with a character not Stully to trigger Maxis' quote. Then we turn power on and set it up where we all stand on the elevators. Sometimes, when we get on, they glow and we get the quote. Other times, nothing happens at all. We've stood, we've all jumped at the same time, we've done what we thought we had to do, yet no glow. Any ideas what we've done wrong?

Once the elevator plates glow, you can get off them. Those require that all four people be on them at the same time - this is crucial. The next step involves standing on the other four plates (same design pattern on them) all across the map. You must find the correct order that they are in. Have on person find the circle that glows by standing on it. You don't need to continuously stand on it; just one touch will do. The other players must find the next circle that glows. If it doesn't glow, the first circle will turn off and it needs to be done again, but with a different 2nd circle. This will continue until all four are fully lit up.

By reversing time, it allows them to be revived yet contain a gist of their memories. Hence Stuhlinger's deja-vu moment.

Reversing time makes no sense. If he was reversing time, then they would have no memory of what happened. If he was reversing time, he'd just reverse time if they helped Maxis. It's a simple resurrection. That's why he cannot control whether you help him or Maxis. He can only resurrect you if you die. If you help Maxis, then you probably don't stay there, i.e. you don't die. Therefore Richtofen cannot prevent you from helping Maxis. The key criticism of your time-travel stuff is that "Why doesn't Richtofen just stop them from helping Maxis?" That is why.

• Administrators

Reversing time makes no sense. If he was reversing time, then they would have no memory of what happened. If he was reversing time, he'd just reverse time if they helped Maxis. It's a simple resurrection. That's why he cannot control whether you help him or Maxis. He can only resurrect you if you die. If you help Maxis, then you probably don't stay there, i.e. you don't die. Therefore Richtofen cannot prevent you from helping Maxis. The key criticism of your time-travel stuff is that "Why doesn't Richtofen just stop them from helping Maxis?" That is why.

That is why I mentioned that it can only occur if they die. You are absolutely correct, however, on emphasizing his power only in the limits of resurrection. Thank you for correcting me on that one.

I specifically call it a "time reversal" not because I think he just can - more so, because I always think back to the horde of zombies that originally killed them off. Where are they? You see two waves of them - the room they were initially in, and the floor where they ambushed the crew. Maybe I'm just looking to far into it, but if you're resurrected, I'm sure you would retain at least some memories other than a deja-vu effect.