Solo: Banking Points Strategy

nockscitney

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has a good strategy when playing solo do deposit points in the bank. What's the best way to hold the zombies off to give you enough time to put it all in the bank.

I was thinking it's probably leave one Zombie, Go to town, EMP the zombie to put him to sleep and then do the business. That's all well and good but if you don't have the EMP's (because we all know how hard it is to get them from the box, and in addition, when playing solo you may not be relying on the box too much [i tend to use either MP5 or M16, depending on where you're training]) I don't really know. Monkey's don't give you a great deal of time, but you have the same issue trying to get these as you do with EMPS.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started a thread on this over the weekend.

viewtopic.php?f=136&t=29043

Although his title is slightly misleading, he's actually asking a different question then your thread addressed.

@OP I think you are correct, EMPs would be the easiest way of depositing your funds without those pesky runners interupting you every ten seconds. Since they don't damage the zombies they also let you get back to your training spot before starting a new round as well.

I would not suggest using monkeys/making crawlers/or doing anything that damages the zombies unless you are training in town itself. Otherwise you'll be running back while the new round starts which can be dangreous depending on the round and where you are heading.

What I do normally (as I can't really be arsed to hit the box for emps a lot of the time) is just save one zombie. Run to town, go to bank deposit as much as I can until I hear the zombie right on me, run him over towards jugg, and repeat. Yeah it's annoying and may take a little longer to get your money in than otherwise, but I've never gotten downed doing it and it's generally quite safe.

It also allows you to get back to your training spot safely. Just don't try it with too many zombies, I usually keep two at the max. They can trap you in there if you have too many runners.

Thanks for the tip about running up to Jugg. May be the best one if I don't have EMP's. With regards to the EMP's, if you put them to sleep in say town and then move through the fog to another location, will they remain asleep or do they wake up and follow you?

Another idea I was thinking was running down by pack a punch, running them all the way to the machine (only 1 or 2 of course) and then going back to deposit, as the corridor is wide enough to get past them without damage (he says). When I play for point building / banking I don't tend to put the power on (as it just adds extra time to setup) so it's not always a viable solution.

Thanks for the tip about running up to Jugg. May be the best one if I don't have EMP's. With regards to the EMP's, if you put them to sleep in say town and then move through the fog to another location, will they remain asleep or do they wake up and follow you?

Another idea I was thinking was running down by pack a punch, running them all the way to the machine (only 1 or 2 of course) and then going back to deposit, as the corridor is wide enough to get past them without damage (he says). When I play for point building / banking I don't tend to put the power on (as it just adds extra time to setup) so it's not always a viable solution.

No problem man :)

Yeah if they are EMP'd and you leave the area they will respawn on you. Running them down to the PaP could work as well, as long as it's open that is.

I usually train in the diner area, then when I want to go to the bank I take the last zombie and a fresh shield with me. That way the shield can take a few hits while you deposit your points, then you run to where you get Semtex from, then back again. Then once I am done I teleport until I'm back at the diner, let the zombie finish my shield off, replace it then dispose of him.

I usually train in the diner area, then when I want to go to the bank I take the last zombie and a fresh shield with me. That way the shield can take a few hits while you deposit your points, then you run to where you get Semtex from, then back again. Then once I am done I teleport until I'm back at the diner, let the zombie finish my shield off, replace it then dispose of him.

Those shields are so useful! most people have no idea. It just stays on your back as a constant protection from zombies hitting you from behind.

Those shields are so useful! most people have no idea. It just stays on your back as a constant protection from zombies hitting you from behind.

Indeed they are and is the reason I train mostly at the Diner, so if it breaks, I can nip back in at the end of the round and get a new one. It's a shame they don't have the sane effect as the Turbine though, where when you put it down, the zombies attack it so they're distracted for a short period, but you can't have everything

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has a good strategy when playing solo do deposit points in the bank. What's the best way to hold the zombies off to give you enough time to put it all in the bank.

I was thinking it's probably leave one Zombie, Go to town, EMP the zombie to put him to sleep and then do the business. That's all well and good but if you don't have the EMP's (because we all know how hard it is to get them from the box, and in addition, when playing solo you may not be relying on the box too much [i tend to use either MP5 or M16, depending on where you're training]) I don't really know. Monkey's don't give you a great deal of time, but you have the same issue trying to get these as you do with EMPS.

Anyone got any ideas?

I make my way to town and finish the round there leaving one zombie. Deposit and when you hear him coming leave the bank and take him over to where the box spawns behind the fence. Run back towards the bank and you can deposit over ten grand before he gets to you, rinse and repeat.

I make my way to town and finish the round there leaving one zombie. Deposit and when you hear him coming leave the bank and take him over to where the box spawns behind the fence. Run back towards the bank and you can deposit over ten grand before he gets to you, rinse and repeat.

If I'm perfectly honest I don't always turn the power on when running for points, I'm pretty confident at running good circles and staying out of trouble. If I do turn the power on, I make sure that while the thunder is around, no zombies are slaughtered, just to save the hassle of "HIM"