Calendars in Die Rise mark Moon's time period?

JuggerWicho

Hey guys!

Recently I found something very interesting in Die Rise that maybe some of you already may know.

But I want your opinions on this.

The thing is, there are some calendars all over Die Rise. I decided to check what date was on those calendars to see if I could get to somewhere/something.

I noticed that the month this calendars show is January, as you can see in this picture:

Notice the big 1? That's the first month of the year.

Now, what year?

There are 3 options (Around the Black Ops 2 Date): 2030, 2019, 2008.

Edit: Also January 2013, our actual year.

How do I know? Just check the calendar in any device (PC, Cellphone) and see those years in January.

All these years have the same days number. 6, 13, 20 and 27 being on Sunday, marked with red in calendars.

(Yeah, it's in Spanish, but it's the same)

So, why the time lapse from 2008-2030? Why do I say this must be the years?

Well, as you may know, there is a company poster in Die Rise showing that the company has lasted since 1996. (Thanks to PINNAZ)

The year that could fit the days number before 2008 would be 2002.

Companies only use the "Since XXXX" when they had lasted at least 10 years approximately. So 2002 it's not an option.

And why 2030? This is just my opinion, I don't have something to prove this or whatever.

But I just don't think that GLF's hotel technology is advanced, it's simple, things that we already know by now. So it's hard to believe that the calendar marks 2030+ year.

After this being said, what does the date 01/2008-2030 exactly means?

We can't confirm that this is the date we are playing on.

But it most likely can be the date when the rockets hit.

Why?

Once the zone was destroyed by the missiles and the population was killed, no one could change the date of that calendar.

Meaning that the last month/year when there was living population was in January in the year 2008/2013/2019/2030.

This, confirming, that the timeline in Moon wasn't in the past but in the present-future. (As MMX has said)

So guys? What do you think about this?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Moon's time period falls under the same category as Nuketown Zombies. The calendars you posted make a great pinpoint of a potential date for Great Leap Forward. I had thought the same as well, but it's good to see some factual evidence go into the date & time. While this is true, I wouldn't create the "10-year established" concept into this. I've seen a variety of business say the same "since ______" even if it's only been a year since they've been established.

Great discovery, friendo! :)

Thanks for bringing this up JuggerWicho.

I've been meaning to have a closer look at this. I think we may be in present time & possibly have been since COTD. 

COTD 

- the date on George's scene board shows 3/17 (17th March)

- release date of COTD map pack 5.3.2011 (3rd May 2011)

- modern day movie stars featuring 

Shangri-La

- objects/pictures showing the Mayan calendar

- Mayan calendar ending 21st December 2012 

Moon

Was the date when Maxis' rockets hit earth 21 Dec 2012 signifying the end of the world Mayan calendar conspiracy?

Die Rise

- Release date of DLC 1,  29 January 2013

- Calendars in Die Rise show January, possibly 2013

- Chinese New Year/Spring Festival posters everywhere

- Chinese New Year/Spring Festival occurred 10th Febuary 2013 though is celebrated for the weeks either side

The Calendar is the same as this year being Tuesday the 1st January

Is it January 2013?

Iam actully kinda shocked no one on this forum has saw this i looked at these and was quite certain this was already posted so i didnt even look any further due to the fact of the zombies outfits and the tower in the background of the map i was certain people knew moon was in the future and not the past. iam actully working on something at the moment that should be finished by tomo for the timelne as well as the teleporter problems any way ill add this to it for more evidence and credit great eye :D

• Administrators

But what about Tranzit?

Would it be in between the time of moon and die rise?

Yes; Moon is happening, but so is Nuketown Zombies. After a few days to weeks, we end up in Green Run only to be teleported to Great Leap Forward after completing the Side Quest in Tranzit.

We're dealing with a rather straightforward, yet confusing timeline here. We know this pattern exists, yet it's very hard to identify the true date. If we could assume that Great Leap Forward occurs in 2013, that would mean Moon took place in 2012 - it is plausible.

Yes; Moon is happening, but so is Nuketown Zombies. After a few days to weeks, we end up in Green Run only to be teleported to Great Leap Forward after completing the Side Quest in Tranzit.

Does Green Run not need to be at-least 20 years after the rockets hit, as maxis says he has been searching for decades in one of the radios?

And just to clarify these calendars show the date the rockets hit not the date Die Rise is taking place.

We can't confirm that this is the date we are playing on.

But it most likely can be the date when the rockets hit.

Why?

Once the zone was destroyed by the missiles and the population was killed, no one could change the date of that calendar.

Meaning that the last month/year when there was living population was in January in the year 2008/2019/2030.

This, confirming, that the timeline in Moon wasn't in the past but in the present-future. (As MMX has said)

I myself have many pictures of calendars, but I can't read the Chinese calligraphy. I found someone who could, but they never got back to me. :(

There's some more pictures/writing which have been translated by DragonGJY (Thanks very Dragon :D )HERE

"Ice"in Chinese, but it should be the word "Luck(福)" on the celendar in our real life.

This picture shows all 12 months & from what I can see the days in January are the same as the picture above. (look at it in game for a better view)

Everything goes as expected, people are safe and sound. (or Auspicious)

There are heaps of Chinese New Year pictures which would represent January/Febuary which was also when the DLC was released. The January calendar days occur the same as this year 2013 (if the first day on the calendar is Sunday)

Since this is a Chinese looking calendar, I just want to point out that the Chinese Calendar is different from American. The Chinese new year started in 2013 on Wednesday, February 13th.

I unfortunately know that this may throw a huge wrench into many theories right now, but this is a FACT. Whether or not Treyarch took that fact into consideration is yet to be determined, but before we go nailing anything down we should take that into consideration.

The Chinese new year started in 2013 on Wednesday, February 13th.

I unfortunately know that this may throw a huge wrench into many theories right now, but this is a FACT.

Chinese New Year/Spring Festival/Lunar New Year was on Sunday 10th Febuary 2013.

A year in the Chinese calendar begins on the second new moon after the winter solstice, unless an intercalary month moves it to the third new moon.

The calendar is a Gregorian calendar anyway. The actual date of Chinese New year does not really define or make a difference to what we are looking at. Can you elaborate more if I have misunderstood your post?

Don't have time to really elaborate, at work right now, but here are some images I found that note differences:

Another:

All I know is that the Chinese New Year doesn't fall on the same day as Western culture's New year, thus we need to take such into consideration while making these theories about timelines.

EDIT: handy link for dealing with the math of a Chinese Calendar (haven't had time to read it thoroughly) http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/cal ... .shtml#CNY

The Chinese calendar is not used in business transactions in China. China obviously still uses its traditional calendar, but it uses the modern one when dealing with economics. A sweatshop and hotel are no doubt dealing with business alone.

Btw, there is more evidence than JUST these calendars in Die Rise. Keep that in mind when saying which of the aforementioned dates is correct.

• Administrators

Hey I was wondering, was the SDC created in 2013? Because the armored zombies wear their logo and they seem to have tech stuff.

Maybe that would suggest a later date?

Also how come there is still power in the hotel building?

If you follow Campaign's footsteps, then yes; the SDC could have well been created a tiny bit before 2025.

The power can still stay a tad consistent in any given map. There is enough electrical current residing in the wires around the map. When you turn off a switch in any given area, you are only closing the circuit, or "doors" to allow electricity to flow through. This allows for lights and such to still be on, but at very low levels - especially since most of the wires are broken and protruding sparks. Turning on the power opens to circuits to allow a constant flow, or loop.