Calendars in Die Rise mark Moon's time period?

JuggerWicho

Just an observation here, but even though the date starts on Monday on one and Sunday on the other, the same day on both sides of the calendar is still highlighted in red (the Sunday) so I don't think it matters a great deal. Whether it be a Monday or a Sunday the day highlighted red on the game calendars will be a Sunday wont they?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Just an observation here, but even though the date starts on Monday on one and Sunday on the other, the same day on both sides of the calendar is still highlighted in red (the Sunday) so I don't think it matters a great deal. Whether it be a Monday or a Sunday the day highlighted red on the game calendars will be a Sunday wont they?

That is correct; however, it must be understood that this is not our typical calendar that we are used to. If you follow the Gregorian calendar, we're used to seeing that our first day spotted in the calendar is Sunday. The day is switched with Monday being the first day of the Chinese calendar. It would only make a one-day difference, really.

Here is a cool little Easter Egg I found while searching the "Old" Research Facility, courtesy of BlindBusDrivr

Posted 17th of July 2011

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?8831-A-little-thing-I-found-about-935

If you take 935, and turn it in to numbers, as in a

A=1

B=2

C=3

etc.

It becomes ICE

And when I looked up abbreviations for it I found one for a lawfirm 'Isolate the Criminal Element'.

And here is the Calendar that JuggaWicho & myself posted. The Chinese writing says "ICE"

"Ice"in Chinese,

but it should be the word "Luck(福)" on the celendar in our real life.

So what does the acronym I.C.E. stand for?

I like this one, it sounds like Maxis - he created the Data Servant & also being inside the Moon Computer

Intrusion Countermeasure Electronics - (ICE)

A contrived acronym for security software, coined by Usenetter Tom Maddox and popularised by William Gibson's cyberpunk SF novels. In Gibson's novels ICE software responds to intrusion by attempting to literally kill the intruder.

- In case of emergency

- Interpret Chinese-English (software)

- International Cryogenic Engineering (conference)

- Interface Control Element (Military)

- ?

• Administrators

But why would the Chinese character for "ice" be on a calendar? If we assumed by abbreviations, then I guess we could make a suggestion that Shanghai (Great Leap Forward) was involved in some kind of operation or relation to Group 935. Thank you for the furthered information, PINNAZ. This is starting to give us new areas to discover! :)

But why would the Chinese character for "ice" be on a calendar?

It's pretty left field hey? They even showed this calender in the millisecond of the preview we got. I commented on a thread then saying the writing translates to ICE, wondering what would that mean? I was thinking something with the new W.W?

So for a person who English is a first language, interpret what the Chinese writing means, then convert the letters of said word to numbers? Man, Easter Egg right there. ICE is just so strange on a Calendar? What else would it mean?

It's the only reference to Group 935 in all of BO2 zombies isn't it?

9 3 5

I C E

9 3 5

I C E

This isn't the first reference to ICE I've found in the zombies story line. Just looking back now at the Moon loading screen and there is something there advertised called "Space Ice", with a picture of a rocket. I don't know if this has meaning to anything else, but could be a connection possibly?

i think the calenders mark the end of moon? which would be the day the missiles hit? yeah?

i think i have the moon-nuketown order worked out too if this helps,..

ok so moon, you know shangri-la is under left page, notice the other advertising page under the lot on the left,..

second image we have nuketown, i think i remember somone mentioning the bubble gum is reference to moon, bare with me, notice the advertising page on the left is still there, notice the tears are identical with one from moon screen, also notice that the nuketown comic runs almost to the edge and is larger so would cover the previous moon, shangri-la, etc.

so moon STARTS before nuketown, and i think the bubblegum confirms that moon is still happening, so nuketown takes place during the moon,..

last but not least, die rise, the page is over nuketown, and the postcard slipped in between the pages is green run,..

url]

curious what that advertising page under everything is from, will we go back to the beginning?

hope this worked, never put images in before, um sorry in advance if i break somthin, here goes,..

bugger, lol, moon loading screen, nuketown loading screen and die rise loading screen, jus search cod zombies loading screens to find em, soz :oops:

The more information is brought forward, the most confused I get with the time line in all of this. To me it is entirely possible that Die Rise and Tranzit does not take place in just ONE point in time, but EVERY point in time converging together in a massive rift in space time. Quantum physics is a funny thing.

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators

But why would the Chinese character for "ice" be on a calendar?

It's pretty left field hey? They even showed this calender in the millisecond of the preview we got. I commented on a thread then saying the writing translates to ICE, wondering what would that mean? I was thinking something with the new W.W?

So for a person who English is a first language, interpret what the Chinese writing means, then convert the letters of said word to numbers? Man, Easter Egg right there. ICE is just so strange on a Calendar? What else would it mean?

It's the only reference to Group 935 in all of BO2 zombies isn't it?

9 3 5

I C E

Don't forget that THE pass-phrase for a GKNOVA6 cipher was ICE ;)

The more information is brought forward, the most confused I get with the time line in all of this. To me it is entirely possible that Die Rise and Tranzit does not take place in just ONE point in time, but EVERY point in time converging together in a massive rift in space time. Quantum physics is a funny thing.

Problem with this is that the N4 are humans and would have typical human pre-conditioning as far as perceptual habits are concerned. One major condition we have as observers is the linear flow of time. Time doesn't actually exist, we create it.

The phrase, "Time flies when you're having fun." is a great example of this, because as your perception is not focused on the passing of time, but instead of enjoying your activity, time seems to pass much quicker. It's because you were not consciously aware time was passing, so you fail to account for the passing of time...You suddenly "forget" your preconditioing.

If the N4 were present, there are observers present, and they would have created a linear timeline during GR and GLF. How that timeline correlates to other timelines at different maps is the question and can only be deduced by comparing historical events.