General Newb-Friendly Solo Strategy for All Maps

I don't claim to be the best at solo strategies, but I have been having a lot of success lately with this strategy and I thought I would share it, it's fairly simple and easy to follow for veterans and newspawn alike.

I will include useful info as more people leave their thoughts, so if you have a good tip, feel free to share it, and I will add it here.

This pertains to Zombies mode in World at War, Black Ops, and Black Ops 2

Round 1 - Stab all Zombies.

Buy a M14 or Olympia off the wall, (or a Kar98k or Gewehr43 for WaW). (I prefer the M14 and Gewehr43) but either will work until you have the points needed for another weapon).

Drops are points based, the first comes after 2,500, the next after 5,000 points.

Knifing all the zombies only in 1 and 2, plus doing up all windows will get you just over 2,500.

So you can either get some extra points with ammo and shot the last zombie on round 2, or stab the first zombie on 3 twice and then shoot it in the head.

Round 2 - Empty one clip of M1911 ammo into each Zombie and stab them.

If you run out of ammo for your M1911, shoot once at the legs with M14 or Gewehr43 and stab.

This will maximize your points collection.

(If the Zombies are grouped and you don't want to risk getting double-hit, cook a frag grenade and throw it at the feet of the first Zombie in the grouping).

Round 3 - By now you should have the points needed to open a door and get to a fully automatic wall weapon.

(Thompson for WaW, MP40 for Black Ops, or the MP5 for Black Ops 2).

Use this weapon to farm points.

When you get down to just a few Zombies left in the round, use your grenades to make a crawler and head for the Mystery Box, if you don't get a good random weapon from the box, don't worry, your automatic wall weapon will be decent enough until you manage to get one you like or prefer.

I would add that in early rounds when point building, if you do spin the box, don't spin a crap gun like a SMR or a Sniper that you don't like and let it go to waste. Whatever you spin, in early rounds, just grab it and use it best you can to get points before spinning again.

This way you get the most out of each box spin, especially when you know on the 5th to 7th spin it's going to move. By then you should have a decent gun and mp5 and just do work.

Round 4 - This is when you should consider getting Juggernog, and if you have the points, Speed Cola as well.

Don't bother with Double Tap Root Beer until the later rounds (12 & beyond).

Quick Revive is useless in WaW Solo play, so don't even waste your points on it.

In Black Ops and Black Ops 2, it's up to you if you want to get Quick Revive, as you can use it up to 3 times before it disappears.

In BO2,Double Tap 2.0 is MUCH more useful than regular Double Tap from the previous games and is always my second perk purchased after Jugg(occasionally first depending on the situation). It essentially doubles your ammo and damage since it fires 2 bullets for every 1 that you fire. Also since you are firing less bullets, you will not have to reload as frequently, so it kind of works as a substitute for Speed Cola too... and at only 2000 points it is a steal!

Dog Rounds/Monkey Rounds/Jumping Jack Rounds - if you have your automatic wall weapon, you'll do just fine so long as you don't try anything foolish, keep your back to a corner and let the hellspawn come to you, these rounds should be a cake walk later on, as you'll have perks, and more powerful weapons.

I strongly suggest that you stay near a wall, and not a corner. If you get overrun, there will be no escape since you've practically placed yourself into a two-wall barrier. While it may sound unreasonable, you can train on Boss Rounds if you are uncomfortable in cornering yourself. I generally stick with vast and open areas to allow for easy mobility, but that's just my personal preference.

Round 5 and Beyond - Now it's all up to you, you've got your perks and preferred weapons. If there is a Pack a Punch machine in the map, use it as soon as possible, as it will help greatly with those troublesome Zombies.

Additional useful info:

Claymores (bouncing betties) solo or not, are a good friend.

Note that in many maps, you want these for boss rounds (free perks in Die Rise if desired).

The trick is that at the start of each round or after max ammo, if you cannot place them where needed or you wish to place them just before or during boss rounds, drop them facing out of the map somewhere (red lines away from in map).

Then grab and place as needed.

Ascension: drop by corners near perks to either kill or slow the monkeys.

Die Rise: in open, walk jumpers into them or sit directly behind your Trample Steam, drop claymore behind you, facing away from T.S. (if going for free perk).

Kino: the jugger alcove: back slowly into this area while fighting them. Rarely one dog will load in there.

"Five": jugger alcove for the Thief, takes him out (highest round I tried was 32, worked instantly).

Tranzit: not a lot of normal use, but I pool zombies outside farm and I drop claymores along the outskirts of the area as a reference, they are easy to see and help keep you out of the fog while dodging and weaving. How's that for ingenuity? i am fairly blind, so it helps me...

And of course instakill claymore on the pool of zombies that you have encircled.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, feel free to send me a private message.

-Whiskey

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really good whiskey. I would add that in early rounds when point building, if you do spin the box, don't spin a crap gun like a SMR or a Sniper that you don't like and let it go to waste. Whatever you spin, in early rounds, just grab it and use it best you can to get points before spinning again.

My fast strategy for tranzit solo is simple. Spawn, kill, get QR, build turbine, get to diner, open box and diner, grab mp5, hit box.

Take whatever you get in the box and keep as your secondary and run mp5 cause you can buy ammo. If you run out of mp5 mid-round use up that secondary and box again if needed.

This way you get the most out of each box spin, especially when you know on the 5th to 7th spin it's going to move. By then you should have a decent gun and mp5 and just do work. I don't want to get OT but with a decent box spin and the zombie shield you can go pretty deep in rounds, fast, especially if you get max ammos at the right time to refill your secondary.

• Administrators

Very nice general solo guide, friendo. I feel that this is a very simplistic, yet sure-fire way to get a good start on any given map regardless if you're a professional slayer or newspawn. :)

Dog Rounds/Monkey Rounds/Jumping Jack Rounds - if you have your automatic wall weapon, you'll do just fine so long as you don't try anything foolish, keep your back to a corner and let the hellspawn come to you, these rounds should be a cake walk later on, as you'll have perks, and more powerful weapons.

I strongly suggest that you stay near a wall, and not a corner. If you get overrun, there will be no escape since you've practically placed yourself into a two-wall barrier. While it may sound unreasonable, you can train on Boss Rounds if you are uncomfortable in cornering yourself. I generally stick with vast and open areas to allow for easy mobility, but that's just my personal preference.

Good solo strategy, basically the one I use myself. I would change one thing though.

In BO2,Double Tap 2.0 is MUCH more useful than regular Double Tap from the previous games and is always my second perk purchased after Jugg(occasionally first depending on the situation). It essentially doubles your ammo and damage since it fires 2 bullets for every 1 that you fire. Also since you are firing less bullets, you will not have to reload as frequently, so it kind of works as a substitute for Speed Cola too... and at only 2000 points it is a steal!

Good solo strategy, basically the one I use myself. I would change one thing though.

Info added. Thank you sir.

I have never understood why even after posting this info multiple times it has never really been picked up so I will give it another shot.

Drops are points based, the first comes after 2,500, the next after 5,000 points.

Knifing all the zombies only in 1 and 2, plus doing up all windows will get you just over 2,500.

So you can either get some extra points with ammo and shot the last zombie on round 2, or stab the first zombie on 3 twice and then shoot it in the head.

Shooting individual zombies 6 times in 1,8 in 2 etc does not make sense. You need to line them up if anything, but the drops are more important than the points in a way. if you know how to use them that is.

• Administrators

Shooting individual zombies 6 times in 1,8 in 2 etc does not make sense. You need to line them up if anything, but the drops are more important than the points in a way. if you know how to use them that is.

It's because people generally stick to hoarding points in the early rounds. That's why so many of these types of guides tell you to slug x number of bullets into a zombie before knifing them. It can be quite useless if you are one to time power drops when you'll most need 'em, though. For most slayers, the more points you have in the beginning, the faster you'll get your weapons and perks (which isn't necessarily true every time).

Thanks for all the great info guys. Keep in mind that this is strictly a guide for solo.

I don't play nearly enough co-op :( to warrant myself actually writing a guide for co-op.

-Whiskey

whooooops that went right over my head. I'll move that.

No worries bud. I just don't want anyone to get confused.

-Whiskey

Claymores (bouncing betties) solo or not, are a good friend.

Note that in many maps, you want these for boss rounds (free perks in Die Rise if desired).

The trick is that at the start of each round or after max ammo, if you cannot place them where needed or you wish to place them just before or during boss rounds, drop them facing out of the map somewhere (red lines away from in map).

Then grab and place as needed.

Ascension: drop by corners near perks to either kill or slow the monkeys.

Die Rise: in open, walk jumpers into them or sit directly behind your Trample Steam, drop claymore behind you, facing away from T.S. (if going for free perk).

Kino: the jugger alcove: back slowly into this area while fighting them. Rarely one dog will load in there.

"Five": jugger alcove for the Thief, takes him out (highest round I tried was 32, worked instantly).

Tranzit: not a lot of normal use, but I pool zombies outside farm and I drop claymores along the outskirts of the area as a reference, they are easy to see and help keep you out of the fog while dodging and weaving. How's that for ingenuity? i am fairly blind, so it helps me...

And of course instakill claymore on the pool of zombies that you have encircled.