Die Rise Timeline Debate

bagel_

Hi all,

I've recently come across numerous posts talking about how the events in Great Leap Forward take place before Green Run. Well, I've got a couple reasons why these theories are inaccurate. Feel free to give a counter argument.

1. Maxis' Opening Transmission:

"The energy fields are NO LONGER disrupting my communications via electrical devices. You will hear me, and you should listen."

As we know, Maxis was having trouble talking to us with the power on, so we had to perform his EE with the power off. So, when he says he is no longer having problems, he obviously must of had them BEFORE Great Leap Forward. So unless he has trouble again in DLC, which I see as unlikely, then there's a solid reason why it is happening after.

2. The Opening Cutscene:

Before you begin the map on Local, a cutscene is played showing Richtofen speaking to Samuel. Close to the beginning, a purple Meteor-type thing is moved from the west coast of the U.S. to Asia as our players' mode of transportation, and we hear Samuel say "How did you...?" Unless for some reason this is backwards, then we travelled from Green Run to GLF.

3. Tranzit EE Ending Quote:

After you complete the Tranzit EE on Maxis' side, you hear him talk of powering "other towers." Well, did we not just power another tower in Die Rise?

Now, I do understand people thinking that we will finish our storyline in Green Run, and I actually believe it too. But I think it's more that we will return there after having completed all the Easter Eggs. Put your thoughts below!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You also have the nav-card from green run when you start die rise, and the postcard for tranzit in the comic book, it has always been pretty consistent on showing the order of the maps, but the fact that is is a postcard and not a page is what I'm guessing got some people thinking.

Its placement definitely is odd at times, reminds me of trying too work out a date for kino.

Not to mention Marlton says "...same rule that I had on the bus."

How could anyone think that Die Rise was before?

Now this is interesting! My tought is that Marlton is not talking about the bus in tranzit. Remember that in nuketown we can hear Marlton talking in the shelter AND that we can hear the bus honk! ;)

Not to mention Marlton says "...same rule that I had on the bus."

How could anyone think that Die Rise was before?

I blame puzzle-solving. Many people think that theories consist of arranging the puzzle different ways. Every single new map that comes out there is someone who says the order is jumbled. Yet we know all the maps occur semi-chronologically. The puzzle only fits one way.