The Real Reason Richtofen Talks To Samuel

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally posted this as a response on this thread. Have fun. viewtopic.php?f=139&t=28898&p=278617#p278617

For those of who don't click the link and want more information, here you go.

Richtofen wants your helpto complete his agenda, BUT at the same time, he is still playing his game. So the question is HOW can he expect you to help him?

Good question.

This is because he only speaks to Samuel. He has leverage over Samuel because he has eaten the flesh of a zombie, and he does not want the rest of the group to know. Therefore, Richtofen threatens Stu by telling him he will tell the group about the flesh he has eaten. This is the ONLY reason he ONLY talks to Samuel to get the EE done. It is not a matter that Samuel is special, it is a matter of Richtofen having a bit of leverage on him.

Now, because of this, Richtofen, while being the being of their destruction, is also the voice of salvation to Samuel, therefore due to this leverage and the fact that, you know, Samuel would rather not die, he listens to Richtofen's instructions.

TL;DR- There is nothing special about Samuel. Richtofen merely has leverage over him because of his choice to eat The Flesh, because Samuel doesn't want the rest of the group to find out, so he is forced to do Richtofen's bidding.

Thoughts and debate about this are welcome.

I agree with all but the reason why Richtofen chose him. I think Samuel was exposed to 115 from eating a zombie, so he can hear Richtofen like a zombie. Of course, Edward will take advantage of this to complete his master plan.

Once again, I restate. The ENTIRE new group can already hear him. If he wanted to talk to someone other than Samuel, he'd have done it. Since Sam has his neat little secret he doesn't want to be found out, it makes him the perfect candidate to go along with Richtofen's schemes.

• 2 weeks later...

That makes sense. But I do think it has to do with Samuel eating the zombies. Because that still doesn't explain the other voice he hears that we cant understand in the opening scene. I get what you're saying, but maybe Richtofen has some form of control over him since he has 115 in him. He could possibly be keeping him from becoming a zombie for the sake of getting them to do his chores.