Ballistic Knife long-distance revive.

Supposedly (read here, not tried yet by me) the upgraded ballistic knife in Tranzit could revive friends across the map (far away, not nearby) by aiming it in their direction, reticule turns blue, fire...revived.

First, is it true?

And the reason it is here: does it work like this in Die Rise?

Thank you.

Edit: fixed typo. Was I trolled?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be possible. From certain spots you can see the Tower, like Diner.

You would have to be incredibly lucky though to get a revive from a far distance. With the fog, it's hard determining where exactly the person fell. So the person has to fall at the right spot, the reviver has to be standing at the right spot, and you have to aim at the right angle and spot.

Three critical factors that have to be perfect. But I do see them working.

I have personally revived someone who went down in Town, while I was on top of the Bus and starting to cross the bridge.

As for Die Rise it is most definitely useful, but as far as long distance goes it is more of a "down multiple stories" type of long distance, rather than a "across the map" type. There have been multiple times I wished I had it on Die Rise when people go down across a gap that I can't get too quickly. I am forced to watch them bleed out and left feeling like crap because of it. Krauss Refribulator is a must for any map.

You can't revive through walls, the Ballistic Knife has to fly and hit a downed player.

RelaxingEnd had 2 across the map revives on his YouTube channel. The first was staged to see if he could do it, and the second was like through a bus window into the fog that found it's mark.

Here are some I just found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkr_F64R0uA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjooukC5P7k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltt7ICcaDjU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9omi6LJ7UI

What was implied is that you did not need to actually shoot them, just look in their direction from obviously way too far away, and it would revive them if the reticule turned blue (you had to fire it, but didn't need to be anywhere near them).

So either nobody reading this is sure of that or I was trolled.

I haven't used them often and haven't had them recently.

well I can't check because my xbox won't let me play any disks in the disk drive. I'm still pretty pissed about that...and sad...

Ouch. Mine has always had random bad days, but I think it is starting to fry from too many years of marathon gaming.

The drawer likes to not open if I play dvds, like the drive mech gets in the way.

You still have to hit them directly with the Ballistic Knife if that's what you mean.

Yes, that is what I mean.

The story wasn't 'epic across map, up in the air' revive, but point it at them even though they are a mile away and can't be seen, the reticule turns blue when aimed properly, fire, profit.

Someone backed it up, so either we are uninformed or troll food. Are these troll teethmarks on my arm?

You still have to hit them directly with the Ballistic Knife if that's what you mean.

The story wasn't 'epic across map, up in the air' revive, but point it at them even though they are a mile away and can't be seen, the reticule turns blue when aimed properly, fire, profit.

Someone backed it up, so either we are uninformed or troll food. Are these troll teethmarks on my arm?

I used the pack a punched ballistic knife for a while in a game and I was missing people a lot, never did they get up, you still have to directly hit them with the blade.

I used the pack a punched ballistic knife for a while in a game and I was missing people a lot, never did they get up, you still have to directly hit them with the blade.

The original post was in Tranzit on codz here: 'crosshair turns to blue on players?' I don't know how to link...