sctreen shake help

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a decent player, but i would like to see a short video where people show all these techniques as like a short and easy to learn collage of sorts. i have searched for something like this but never find anything.

training, sprinting, shaking, kiting, dragging, maximizing max ammos, etc, etc.

that would be a cool video. i hear these terms and understand some of them, but not all....sorry im OT a bit

2 things:

1. A slight turn, turn back is the move that often keeps zombies from hitting you as you pass.

2. Your guy is like a coin, if he turns sideways, he is skinny (despite obviously being wider with gun out) turn sideways to slip through spots that you otherwise wouldn't.

Straight up, ChopperNator is the master of this technique

uY0fi_72vBk

No one's iller

- Mix

Never saw that one, but the screen shake in the intro is INSANE! Perfect execution.

@OP: The screen shake is a series of left and right turns that seem to confuse the zombies a little, as well as what was posted above me. The character seems to be somewhat 2D in the since that he/she is wider while looking at them head on and skinnier while looking from the side.

To get good at this, i recommend starting with a quick left/right movement on single zombies. The better you get at realizing what holes you can and can't fit through while using this technique, the better you will become. Even I underestimated the gap in Chopper's intro (especially not to take one hit) so I will save the pro tips for him. What I have said is more of a starting point.

Well thanks guys, I do like that video quite a lot, was always one of my favourites :)

Hmmmm, the screen shake. If you look at the intro to that video as pointed out by death, that to me is screen shaking used at it's most potent. It isn't just a mashing of the directional stick, although that is useful and is how most people will learn. I think what that first clip shows is 4 distinct changes of viewpoint, done over 1 second.

It's not the shaking motion itself, it's the timing which means that if you are about to get hit by a zombie and make any motion it can confuse the AI enough that you 'slide' past a zombie rather than get hit. So whilst shaking like crazy does work, it isn't actually necessary.

It took my literally hundreds of hours of NML to figure this part out and I suppose master it. I tried many times to make a video on it, and I just can't do it. It's greatest use comes when it's instinctual, and I believe NML is the best place to learn this. Once you get used to running with the zombies scant cm's from hitting you, you start to realise that it only takes slight movements to avoid taking hits which seemed inevitable.

The best time to use it as a shake is when you go through an area and take a few hits....you can see the exit to safety but they are still all behind you. Shaking like crazy here can and will stop those hits which would otherwise put you on a red screen.

Ohhhh.... I can feel the awesome Strategy threads coming' back to CoDz! The reason I first lurked this site all those years ago.

Come on' Pro's, revamp the site. (Feel like making some new threads Chopper? Hahah) EDIT - just read your post in the members lounge. Congrats mate. Busy times.

Did PerfectLemonade ever find his TranZit strategy thread?

Did PerfectLemonade ever find his TranZit strategy thread?

Sadly he didn't as far as I know.

I am sure that we can expect a nice Die Rise thread soon though. :3

I've got some IRL things to do at the moment, but once I get a legitimately good game under my belt, I'll go to work on a Die Rise guide for you guys.

And no, I never found my guide. I'm pretty upset still. :(