*UPDATED WITH IMAGES* Mysterious Stranger...

Hello all, If full image is not displayed then right click and find "View Image".

I have noticed that in quite a few loading screens there are mysterious figures lurking around.

In Nuketown loading screen we see a small mystery figure. (or 2) As well as in Die Rise loading screen. A man is perched looking outward. I would just like to hear any information anyone might have on these mysterious people we see around.

Also while I have your attention, there are a few things I have been noticing on the loading screens. I would just like to hear everyones thoughts.

Moon - We see an add on the left that says "Idle Idol"and appears to have the image of the Ancient God of the dead whose name appears on the Nuketown loading screen as the label of the candy wrapper. We also see a Vril Craft among other various CoDz releated objects.

Also, I reeeaaaalllly need someone to fill me in, as I am a bit hazy on Shangri-La. I see in the image of the loading screen that among the debris in the whirlwind or tornado we see 2 STEEL BALLS. My question is; Could these be the same ones we see in Die Rise? Does anyone have any information on what these devices actually do or what their purpose or origin is?

Thaughts,comments,concerns? Looking for some informed feedback, not theories.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My post is going to go all over the shop. Sorry for not being specific.

As for the Mystery Man, I really think that it is Maxis as we have never seen an image of him. Richtofen was playing dumb leading Maxis to think that he knew nothing of his actions, I think Maxis has been hiding a lot of information from Richtofen aswell. We can only find out.

The Shangri-la loading screen -

MixMasterNut may be able to explain the Shangri-la loading screen the best. Check out his Ultimate Moon LS Analyisis. At the end of his post he explains the SL a little & why it relates to moon.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?12626-The-Ultimate-Moon-Loading-Screen-Analysis-%28Updated-5-30-12%29

The Maze image - is the Logo of the 'Black Sun' or Schwarze Sonne or Sun Wheel.

an easy reference link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_(occult_symbol)

Also check out the history of Wewelsburg Castle.

===============

The Pyramid - Vimana http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vimanas/vimanas20.htm

A vimana is a word with several meanings ranging from temple or palace to mythological flying machines described in Sanskrit epics.

===============

Orbs - as for the orbs/balls? I can't tell you what they reference?

I haven't had a close look at what the balls look like in Die Rise, are they the same as the Ball/Egg in Moon?

This image is nearly identical to the Shangri-la screen in a sense. Brock & Gary? I have not been able to find the original source?

===============

Indiana Jones - there are so many references to Indiana Jones movies. Start watching all the movies if you have not seen them. To show a few -

Indiana Jones & the crystal skull. Skull on the shrine. Alsos features throughout Shangri-la.

Indiana Jones & the crystal skull - Nuketown.

Indiana Jones Disney attraction

Thanks to Mix for showing me so much of this.

Search through the Shangri-la map discussion threads on the homepage for heaps more detail. Sorry this was a bit of a rushed post.

No, they are not. The Egg is definitely related to the MPD. The balls in Die Rise are different. They have Chinese symbols on them. The two balls represent fire and light.

Thanks MMX. I have not looked at them closely nor done the side quest.

@Pinnaz How does the clip of indy surviving the nuke relate? Not trying to be rude, I just dont see a connection.

Haha sorry, I said my post was going to be all over the place. I was just trying to show Zombo some references in which Treyarch may draw from. If you have not played Nuketown I understand but, is that not exactly the same as Nuketown?

@ Zombo. I forgot to mention that the Idol/Idle statues are what activates the PaP in Shangri-la. I'm sure that they are NOT the same as the NT bubblegum wrapper god. Though I don't know their origin, I haven't looked into that. MixMasterNut is your man, ask him.

• Administrators

Here is an excerpt from Faust's thread about the Idle Idols a.k.a. Naga statues seen in Shangri-la:

It was believe that while a specific faction of Vril-ya settled in Shangri-la, it was also rumored that a separate faction of Aryan traveled as far as South America into the amazon before settling. This other faction were refereed to as the serpent people, said to idolize multiple snake-like gods and even go as far as to have the ability to transform themselves into these creatures. These coincide with the accounts of the Naga Statues at Shangri-La. The original book The Coming Race, the first piece of literature to mention Vril-ya, seems to re-account the vril sharing their world with large reptilian-like creature similar to crocodiles, but much larger and more powerful. Indeed, the the vril-ya, these Nagas were real... More than just real! It appears that while the Vril-ya had managed to burrow underground to escape a global cataclysmic event, so too had these pre-flood era living dinosaurs, surviving into the next millennia to have humanity idolize them as gods within the wilderness surrounding these underground labyrinths. Indeed, these Nagas pose a similar description to the serpents said to accompany the Serpant People out within the amazon.

I haven't had a close look at what the balls look like in Die Rise, are they the same as the Ball/Egg in Moon?

No, they are not. The Egg is definitely related to the MPD. The balls in Die Rise are different. They have Chinese symbols on them. The two balls represent fire and light.

im sorry but they dont represent fire and light in wiki these are the " lions " that are were you put the orbs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komainu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shishi_(stone_lion)

(if the lion has the mouth open)

The lions are always presented in pairs, a manifestation of yin and yang

The male lion has its right front paw on an embroidered ball called a "xiù qiú" (绣球)

so the lions are both male in this case

xiù qiú are also called Temari and can be used as a toy as seen in this article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temari_(toy)

Temari are highly valued and cherished gifts, symbolizing deep friendship and loyalty.

then it goes on to something that interests me

Also, the brilliant colors and threads used are symbolic of wishing the recipient a brilliant and happy life.

but the orbs are colorless so are they saying lets be friends but i will not make your life better i hope you will not have a happy life and as we know there is a chess board in 2 maps nuketown and i think kino now this is when it gets interesting

a article i found said that the stone lions are also chess parts in japan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sh%C5%8Dgi

is this all just a game under 2 players maxis and richtofen ( two-player strategy board game) are we just pawns in this.

give me feed back please!

Im very confused. You started off disagreeing with a previous post and ended with a private lesson. Which is completely okay with me, any bit of information helps. PS3 doesnt even have Die Rise yet so I will have to see for myself, but I believe the Fire and Light reference was for the two orbs or balls and not the lions themselves.

The origin of the lions was never even discussed. Other than that, nice work. Your information would have been better served in a separate thread though. Here not many people will see it, and the ones that do will not be looking for it, so all this juicy info will fall on deaf ears. Good work, but you should start a thread! Its completely irrelevant here. (No offense)