"Accept your fate, begin anew."

SeaboundSlayer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Just a few very simple observations.

Richtofens voice is only heard at the bottom of the elevator.

Orange and Blue make Purple.

Richtofen can be heard anywhere, as long as the player is Stuhlinger. You may thinking more of Maxis, of whom can be very hard to hear clearly in certain areas.

I'm no artist, but I'm pretty sure red and blue make purple. Perhaps orange creates a slightly lighter shade of purple (like magenta almost).

Richtofen can be heard anywhere, as long as the player is Stuhlinger. You may thinking more of Maxis, of whom can be very hard to hear clearly in certain areas.

I'm no artist, but I'm pretty sure red and blue make purple. Perhaps orange creates a slightly lighter shade of purple (like magenta almost).

This thread is sparked by the intro scene right? The intro scene in which Richtofens voice is only heard once the entire team goes down, in the elavator.

Your right IL, so the colour on the intro is actualy closer to magenta than purple isnt it?

you are correct, sir.

Is it really that hard to accept the voice is Richtofen?

The reason it is garbled is so that you don't hear what he is saying to Stu about the Flesh. Thus why you heard garble and then only Stu;s half of the conversation. Then to let everyone know that Stu was talking to Richtofen and they deliberty distorted his voice so it would be secret from the players they made him say the same thing twice. The second time letting everyone know it was Richtofen.|

The reason it is garbled is so that you don't hear what he is saying to Stu about the Flesh. Thus why you heard garble and then only Stu;s half of the conversation. Then to let everyone know that Stu was talking to Richtofen and they deliberty distorted his voice so it would be secret from the players they made him say the same thing twice. The second time letting everyone know it was Richtofen.|

Why do you continue to hear the garbled voice in-game then? It's always crying and moaning.

@InfestLithium

Are you saying that Richtofen's voice has been muffled to effect by the developers to make us think more carefully about what is being said? So Samuel is simply hearing Richtofen as he is normally when we are hearing the muffled voice?

Yes. Treyarch has given us enough detail on Stuhlinger's importance in the current storyline. At this moment, we are getting closer to understanding what "mend[ing] the rift" actually means. It also allows us to better analyze The Flesh cult and how Stuhlinger is incorporated into it exactly. We know that he was a part of them, but for what reason did he leave? And what will become of him when the others discover his grueling history? It's a setup for a cliffhanger until we gain more evidence/theories.

This.

Why do you continue to hear the garbled voice in-game then? It's always crying and moaning.

That isn't the same voice, it's quite clearly distorted versions of zombie groans that Samuel can hear, likely due to the flesh he ate which would explain why Richtofen (who suffered a similar voice hearing in his head) didn't have these, ad he never ate zombie flesh.

That isn't the same voice, it's quite clearly distorted versions of zombie groans that Samuel can hear, likely due to the flesh he ate which would explain why Richtofen (who suffered a similar voice hearing in his head) didn't have these, ad he never ate zombie flesh.

The two of them sound pretty similar, I don't see how you can be so certain they are just zombie groans in his head. I thought Richtofen did eat zombie flesh (I believe it's backed up by a lot of quotes).

And, last but not least:

Why when we activate the radio tower for Maxis does Richtofen not use his powers to send us back in time to complete his side and why is the colour purple used instead of blue?

This is my strongest reason for not believing the garbled voice is Richtofen.

If anyone can awsner this with a legitamate answer, then I'll be convinced.

This one's kind of simple. Richtofen's powers have been severely reduced thanks to the nukes from the Moon. As we begin to help him, he regains powers. It seems as if he could muster up just enough power to rewind them back after the point of death. It's likely that the activation of Maxis's tower means he simply does not posess the power to send the crew back in time again, thus meaning he has to live with the loss of power he has sustained in Die Rise.

The two of them sound pretty similar, I don't see how you can be so certain they are just zombie groans in his head. I thought Richtofen did eat zombie flesh (I believe it's backed up by a lot of quotes).

The two don't sound that similar at all, one sounds like a very deep, distorted voice (the intro) and the others are quite lighter sounding and clearly sound like the Zombie growls in the game just again distorted (though not in the same fashion as the intro voice).

And Richtofen never ate zombie flesh, though he often commented on it pouring over him, though those are just comments. Story-wise, he never, unlike Samuel, purposefully ate decaying flesh (though I believe either he or Nikolai chokes on a bit of zombie flesh before spitting it out if a zombie is killed with an explosive on Shangri-La, however regardless of who it was they never swallowed the flesh).

EDIT: Also worth mentioning about the voices, there is an interesting theory on this thread (last post at the bottom before the next page) that states the maybe Samuel has been infected, and those Zombie groans in his head are his subconcious trying to fight off the disease. It's a good read, check it out:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=28205

@MNM1995

How exactly did the nukes reduce his power? What did they do?

"IT'S TEARING MY SHEENS! DELICIOUS!"

"OHH! The inside of your head is delicious!"

"I take your pain... I put my straw in it! *slurping sounds* And I DRINK IT UP!!"

"I vill save vials of zeir blood... For later..."

"Ohh, his death vas so....juicy."

The nukes destroyed much of the planets surface, greatly reducing the amount he could take over and seeming also actually reducing how well he can control the zombies, as it seems in TranZit he cannot simply stop the zombies completely.

And those are default quotes the characters say when:

Quote 1: Getting attacked by a crawler. All characters have quotes about the crawlers biting or tearing their shins (most notably Dempsey who hates them and hates that Treyarch haven't invented shin armour yet), yet none of them hear voices and also the crawlers don't actually bite them just swipe them so they are likely just venting their frustration at them.

Quote 2: Getting a headshot. All characters normally make a quote about heads popping, and this doesn't mean he actually tasted the inside of his head, he likely meant (and if you know Richtofen's character at all this is likely true) that he liked how well the head popped.

Quote 3: That's pain. Pain is not in physical form, I can't physically suck up pain with a straw it's impossible. Again, if you actually know Richtofen's character it would help. He really loves causing pain and misery for people, and almost thrives off it so this would be something he says if he knows he's making a zombie suffer.

Quote 4: Again, do you think realistically he stopped fighting off hordes of zombies, got out a vial and bent down to a corpse to extract blood from it before placing the vial back in his jacket? He was just commenting on the vast amounts of blood from his pevious kill (or kills, as this was likely a quote in response to him either killing a zombie that hit him or killing a large group of zombies quickly).

Quote 5: This isn't even relevant, he is merely again saying that he enhoyed causing that last zombies death, again maybe a response to him killing a zombie that hit him.

Actually, pretty much none of those quotes support the point you were making, they only support a different point that Richtofen thrived off dealing pain to anything, living or dead. I'm sorry but those quotes were completely irrelevant.

EDIT: Also, did you even bother to look at the link in my previous post? It may help clear up my theories a little better and may even make you question yours.

@HammerFace & CrimsonZombie

Maxis nuked the Earth to reduce the severity of Richtofen being in power - he essentially reduced the amount of zombies Richtofen could control by obliterating their corpses.

@MNM1995

Where can I find this quote from Tranzit? I don't think you understand, I probably didn't explain myself properly. The transition period from Tranzit to Die Rise was pretty much instantaneous, no? We never heard any distortion of Richtofen's voice in Tranzit, why would he suddenly utilise it when we got to Die Rise, and why to the extent that sometimes we cannot even comprehend what he is saying? It seems more likely to me that Samuel has just started hearing another voice in his head, and I also think this new being is somewhat responsible for the teleportation of the crew.

"Who is who? That's a good question. Like that crazy German guy in my head!" I don't see how this confirms Richtofen is the only voice in his head.

@InfestLithium

Are you saying that Richtofen's voice has been muffled to effect by the developers to make us think more carefully about what is being said? So Samuel is simply hearing Richtofen as he is normally when we are hearing the muffled voice?

Related to the "Who is who? ..." quote; Ludwig Maxis is German as well, all the group can hear him. Also from my understanding Groph was killed whilst near the MPD making it possible he was absorbed into the tubes and transported to the aether, he could have harnessed some power if this proves to be true?

After we freed Maxis in the second half of the Moon EE, Maxis became an antity similar to Richtofen, meaning they can see everything at the same time and intervene when necessary. However, unlike Richtofen, Maxis cannot directly communicate with the survivors unless there is some kind of electronic device nearby (all his quotes in BO2 sound similar to the radio messages starting up).

For this reason, I don't believe Maxis is in the Aether, but instead is somewhere else, maybe inside the electronics themselves and is simply apearing in the nearest electronic thing to the survivors at the times he is needed.

Also wouldn't nuking the earth with 115 missiles create more zombies than it killed?

The bombs were massive nuclear explosions, they would vaporise bodies, turning them to ash so there are no dead cells for the 115 to reanimate.

Illustrated in this graphic video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lDFLLKSkUg (go to 2:18)

I like how you ignore the part where I pose the question of why Richtofen would kill those try to do his bidding. And we hit the earth with 3 missiles. I highly doubt that would be enough to vaporize the entire population of earth, once again allowing for higher ratio of dead rising to dead falling. Also I'm pretty sure 115 has to be weaponized for it to kill zombies, or else we would have seen zombies dying of 115 exposure all over the place in the nevada base. Lastly we hit hiroshima with atomic bombs I dont think those missiles were atomic bombs.

@MNM1995

How exactly did the nukes reduce his power? What did they do?

I'm pretty positive that being able to control zombies has something to do with the Earth being whole. It would make sense as why Richtofen would want to mend the rift, he wants to fix the Earth so he can be in control.

Why when we activate the radio tower for Maxis does Richtofen not use his powers to send us back in time to complete his side and why is the colour purple used instead of blue?

He can control time, just as Samantha could(Or possibly could, I'm not too sure). Everytime we start a new match of zombies is time being rewinded, so when the characters inevitably die time rewinds and we begin anew. Of course to us(the players) this is just seen as us starting a new game. Richtofen cannot take away our free will, so obviously he rewinds time again and again with faith that we do his side of the EE. It also probably takes a lot of his energy to do such a task so he must wait until we die to rewind time, instead of rewinding time whenever he feels like it.

@MNM1995

This is proven on Die Rise, when the Who's Who perk is bought by him. He says:

"Who is who? That's a good question. Like that crazy German guy in my head!"

Hey this sounds like there might be some kind of connection between stu and richtofen, I googled stuehlinger and it was all german names.

Sorry if im late and this has already been pointed out

@MNM1995

This is proven on Die Rise, when the Who's Who perk is bought by him. He says:

"Who is who? That's a good question. Like that crazy German guy in my head!"

Hey this sounds like there might be some kind of connection between stu and richtofen, I googled stuehlinger and it was all german names.

Sorry if im late and this has already been pointed out

Perhaps, but I don't think there connection goes any further than Richtofen bening in Samuel's head.

The nukes destroyed much of the planets surface, greatly reducing the amount he could take over and seeming also actually reducing how well he can control the zombies, as it seems in TranZit he cannot simply stop the zombies completely.
The answer I'm trying to get out of you is exactly how nuclear explosions would reduce how well he controls the zombies. You failed to answer. I think the reason he doesn't completely hold back his 'minions' (look up the definition) is because although he wants the crew to complete his plan, he's still the psychopath we all know and love who loves to toy with people.

Quote 1: Getting attacked by a crawler. All characters have quotes about the crawlers biting or tearing their shins (most notably Dempsey who hates them and hates that Treyarch haven't invented shin armour yet), yet none of them hear voices and also the crawlers don't actually bite them just swipe them so they are likely just venting their frustration at them.

Quote 2: Getting a headshot. All characters normally make a quote about heads popping, and this doesn't mean he actually tasted the inside of his head, he likely meant (and if you know Richtofen's character at all this is likely true) that he liked how well the head popped.

Thank you for stating the obvious. The writers are clearly using very specific language to suggest to the player that Richtofen does in fact ingest zombie flesh. Take note that none of the other characters use words such as 'delicious' when describing killing zombies (bar Samuel). They are written so we can infer information about him.

Quote 3: That's pain. Pain is not in physical form, I can't physically suck up pain with a straw it's impossible. Again, if you actually know Richtofen's character it would help. He really loves causing pain and misery for people, and almost thrives off it so this would be something he says if he knows he's making a zombie suffer.
Just so you know, I've actually been playing zombies obsessively since Verruckt was released in WaW; I know a fair bit about the game and its characters.

Now, to the quote -- stop taking everything so literally. Again, the language used infers to us that he might do similar things in his free time. Richtofen isn't one to care about aids anyway. GET IT?

Quote 4: Again, do you think realistically he stopped fighting off hordes of zombies, got out a vial and bent down to a corpse to extract blood from it before placing the vial back in his jacket? He was just commenting on the vast amounts of blood from his pevious kill (or kills, as this was likely a quote in response to him either killing a zombie that hit him or killing a large group of zombies quickly).
Now you're being silly. No, he did not literally get out a vial and bend down to extract blood from a zombie corpse at that very moment. Why do you think he would say something like that? Why would he even think to save a vial of zombie blood "for later"? It's very obviously referencing to the fact that he is a cannibal (of sorts).

Quote 5: This isn't even relevant, he is merely again saying that he enhoyed causing that last zombies death, again maybe a response to him killing a zombie that hit him. Actually, pretty much none of those quotes support the point you were making, they only support a different point that Richtofen thrived off dealing pain to anything, living or dead. I'm sorry but those quotes were completely irrelevant.
I'm sure you've got it now. Stop being biased and accept the facts.

I like how you ignore the part where I pose the question of why Richtofen would kill those try to do his bidding. And we hit the earth with 3 missiles. I highly doubt that would be enough to vaporize the entire population of earth, once again allowing for higher ratio of dead rising to dead falling. Also I'm pretty sure 115 has to be weaponized for it to kill zombies, or else we would have seen zombies dying of 115 exposure all over the place in the nevada base. Lastly we hit hiroshima with atomic bombs I dont think those missiles were atomic bombs.
Forgive me but I'm not ignoring you, I'm here to discuss. I don't have all the answers; I just said what I did know. The question you posed is up to someone else. I think the bombs were nuclear, but were laced with 115. Correct me if I'm wrong. :/

And, last but not least:

This one's kind of simple. Richtofen's powers have been severely reduced thanks to the nukes from the Moon. As we begin to help him, he regains powers. It seems as if he could muster up just enough power to rewind them back after the point of death. It's likely that the activation of Maxis's tower means he simply does not posess the power to send the crew back in time again, thus meaning he has to live with the loss of power he has sustained in Die Rise.

hmm....

I'm not sure how more 115 (if the Missiles from Moon were 115 nukes) would mess with Richtofen's powers. And if the Missiles are just nuclear, I still don't see why that would hurt his powers, it's just less Earth. Richtofen does make a couple of quotes about his zombies controlling powers.

"I won't let my minions hurt you, to much..ahahaha"

He seems to have quite the power, as in Greif mode, he has the ability to reset rounds pretty easily.

The answer I'm trying to get out of you is exactly how nuclear explosions would reduce how well he controls the zombies. You failed to answer. I think the reason he doesn't completely hold back his 'minions' (look up the definition) is because although he wants the crew to complete his plan, he's still the psychopath we all know and love who loves to toy with people.

Thank you for stating the obvious. The writers are clearly using very specific language to suggest to the player that Richtofen does in fact ingest zombie flesh. Take note that none of the other characters use words such as 'delicious' when describing killing zombies (bar Samuel). They are written so we can infer information about him.

Just so you know, I've actually been playing zombies obsessively since Verruckt was released in WaW; I know a fair bit about the game and its characters.

Now, to the quote -- stop taking everything so literally. Again, the language used infers to us that he might do similar things in his free time. Richtofen isn't one to care about aids anyway. GET IT?

Now you're being silly. No, he did not literally get out a vial and bend down to extract blood from a zombie corpse at that very moment. Why do you think he would say something like that? Why would he even think to save a vial of zombie blood "for later"? It's very obviously referencing to the fact that he is a cannibal (of sorts).

Quote 5: This isn't even relevant, he is merely again saying that he enhoyed causing that last zombies death, again maybe a response to him killing a zombie that hit him. Actually, pretty much none of those quotes support the point you were making, they only support a different point that Richtofen thrived off dealing pain to anything, living or dead. I'm sorry but those quotes were completely irrelevant.
I'm sure you've got it now. Stop being biased and accept the facts.

Ah good, we can both say we've been following zombies feverishly since Veruckt so neither of us are idiots- stop talking to me like I am one.

Now, onto the quotes again you are missin the point of what I said completely. The quotes are default quotes many characters make similar remarks to (although I shall say I don't believe other characters refer to these thigs in that manner), they are nothing more. The developers did not put them in there to hide some secret message, just to portray the character and personality of the survivors we play as to give us a better idea as to what they're likely to do. Why else do you think people got a little fed-up with hearing the same or similar quotes over and over again? BECAUSE THEY ARE THERE TO BUILD CHARACTER. Not every little thing that is in zombies is put there to develop the story.

Another thing, how am I being biased? I am going on pure fact here- thus far, no other voices in Samuel's head have been confirmed asides from Richtofen's- you're point may prove to be true, however at this point in time it is just a theory.

All i'm trying to say is that, despite the fact your argument is logical and could bery well become true, at the moment all it is is a theory in your head that I know, even though i'm presenting you with the facts here, I won't be able to break out of there. Until we complete an easter egg in a later map or I hear or see something that proves that Richtofen is not the only voice in Samuel's head, then i'm sorry but I do not support your THEORY and I am instead going with the FACTS.

Now please, just drop this pathetic argument and move on with your theories on this blog, and if/ when the day comes that Samuel says something as small as "Why are you guys always arguing in my head?", which would prove your multiple voice theory, then I will come back on here and personally apologise for any annoyance I may have bestwoed upon you. But, until that day I am not going to change my mind and you are not going to change yours so please just get on with other theories (that I will pay attention to and read as I love theories) and stop persistently causing this argument to get bigger. It's not going to get us anywhere in proving/ debunking your theory.

Ah good, we can both say we've been following zombies feverishly since Veruckt so neither of us are idiots- stop talking to me like I am one.

Now, onto the quotes again you are missin the point of what I said completely. The quotes are default quotes many characters make similar remarks to (although I shall say I don't believe other characters refer to these thigs in that manner), they are nothing more. The developers did not put them in there to hide some secret message, just to portray the character and personality of the survivors we play as to give us a better idea as to what they're likely to do. Why else do you think people got a little fed-up with hearing the same or similar quotes over and over again? BECAUSE THEY ARE THERE TO BUILD CHARACTER. Not every little thing that is in zombies is put there to develop the story.

Another thing, how am I being biased? I am going on pure fact here- thus far, no other voices in Samuel's head have been confirmed asides from Richtofen's- you're point may prove to be true, however at this point in time it is just a theory.

All i'm trying to say is that, despite the fact your argument is logical and could bery well become true, at the moment all it is is a theory in your head that I know, even though i'm presenting you with the facts here, I won't be able to break out of there. Until we complete an easter egg in a later map or I hear or see something that proves that Richtofen is not the only voice in Samuel's head, then i'm sorry but I do not support your THEORY and I am instead going with the FACTS.

Now please, just drop this pathetic argument and move on with your theories on this blog, and if/ when the day comes that Samuel says something as small as "Why are you guys always arguing in my head?", which would prove your multiple voice theory, then I will come back on here and personally apologise for any annoyance I may have bestwoed upon you. But, until that day I am not going to change my mind and you are not going to change yours so please just get on with other theories (that I will pay attention to and read as I love theories) and stop persistently causing this argument to get bigger. It's not going to get us anywhere in proving/ debunking your theory.

I'm afraid I still disagree with you about the Richtofen eating flesh thing. I think the references made to it were put in as actual character developments on the matter, not just to show how terrifyingly insane he was.

I will come back on here and personally apologise for any annoyance I may have bestowed upon you.

As will I.

Fair enough mate, as long as we've put it all behind us we can get on with more theories now :)

I'm afraid I still disagree with you about the Richtofen eating flesh thing. I think the references made to it were put in as actual character developments on the matter, not just to show how terrifyingly insane he was.

Perhaps they did, I just don't believe there is enough evidemce there to support the fact that Richtofen ever purposefully went out and ate zombie flesh. He may have accidentally choked on some, but I don't think he ever made sure he ate any. Regardless, neither of us can know for sure whether he did or didn't, but hopefully it won't be too long before Treyarch reveals more to us.