Why is this?

Scoldon

The thing that I don't get is why in Die Rise disscusion the only threads are: Glitches,spawn exploits,non-exsisting perma perks and Die rise being glitchy. I mean when Revolution launched I thought that the Die rise section in about 4 days will be full of strategies, quetes and secrets. I don't want to offend anyone, all of the posts are great and all, but I was hoping for a bit more excitment. And where is PINNAZ and Flamenwerher disscusing the map and all? It's that I was hoping for more :(

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely understand and I agree, lately things have been slow. That's simply because the amount of secrets and Easter Eggs Treyarch puts in the map are slowly decreasing. We're no longer fighting in 935 facilities, in fact I think the hotel skyscraper was the first public, recreational, non-experimental-facility we fought in. But the problem is that we've really dissected all the information we got in Die Rise; we looked at the radios, which told us about side-effects of indirect exposure of 115 and Samuel's hidden past, and the buildings, which told us that we're in Shanghai, etc. With that opening cutscene it's like Treyarch is handing the storyline for BOII Zombies to us on a silver platter, and I really hate that. I think they should go back to giving small Easter Eggs that convey the story, not what they're doing right now.

Like the radios! The Tv's are talking about the battle of Maxis and Edd, groups of survivors and symptoms of zombifing. I don't like that. I want Tv's to tell about the characters not the history.

The TVs show us what happened to groups similar to ours, so in a way are about our four characters - perhaps they are foreshadowing an event yet to come?

It appears Treyarch is no longer explaining the background of the Zombies story, but rather moving forward with the TV messages. We've been getting some information about our new characters, such as Samuel and the Flesh Society, Marlton and Nuketown etc., but I agree, we need some more background for our characters.

There are more discussion forums than just the Die Rise & TranZit sections.

Though there are not many full strategy threads, they are slightly hidden from the front page. From the Index/Homepage, you will see 2 headings titled - Zombie Story/Theories & Gameplay/Strategies. Here you will find discussions for every zombie map. Unfortunately the new names aren't shown on the front page, but once you click on the heading, you will find ALL maps.

Treyarch isn't really making us do our own thinking...if anything, they're doing the exact opposite. Take the opening cutscene for example; 8 maps ago we would be forced to scroll through all the quotes the characters made, radio information and any piece of data we could get our hands on to figure out how four people got from Washington to Shanghai. Samuel's background was pretty much another giveaway, what with the cutscene, the quotes and the TV. Not really complaining, because sometimes it was frustrating when there were so many questions and so little answers, but when they said they were making a story mode, I didn't know they meant a literal mode where the blanks are already filled in, so to speak.

Usually we haveto put 2 and 2 together to figure out the loading screen (Comic Book pages)

They straight up told us everything. what the H?

My thoughts exactly. I think it's because of how they've incorporated the story into the game itself- it's no longer hidden and comprised of small tid-bits of information, but rather obvious and has a larger presence in the game than just a small radio message or writing on the wall.

The thing that I don't get is why in Die Rise disscusion the only threads are: Glitches,spawn exploits,non-exsisting perma perks and Die rise being glitchy. I mean when Revolution launched I thought that the Die rise section in about 4 days will be full of strategies, quetes and secrets. I don't want to offend anyone, all of the posts are great and all, but I was hoping for a bit more excitment. And where is PINNAZ and Flamenwerher disscusing the map and all? It's that I was hoping for more :(

These forums have beeen xploding with new members lately who are also looking for secrets and tips.

I joined for the same reasons as you. There are some knowledgeable people here, including the people you mentioned, that are literally all over the place. I personally don't understand how they manage to find the time to write all of these posts and still manage to be polite and informative.

There is also alot of new players that are trying to become familiar with the storyline and are falling down the rabbit hole so to speak. Especially with the eXTREMELY over hyped tranzit mode and the EE Quests people were expecting. The legend of the Maxis continuation still haunts these forums.

• Administrators

The hype of new content causes a scramble between priorities and deep investigating. When a Zombies map first comes out, there is a particular agenda to what should be discovered first:

1. New perk machines/weapons found

2. Easter Egg/Side Quest introduction

3. Determination of layout

4. Steps to accomplishing Side Quest

5. Radio or audio transmissions

6. Finalization of Side Quest(s)

7. Understanding location and history behind map

8. Concrete evidence about characters/Side Quest/objective

9. The latter of map and event details

This is a very broad checklist that people tend to follow based on the release hype of new DLC. While this setup is not 100% accurate, it covers the general areas of what players strive for. We have actually just finished #6 and are stuck between #7 and #8. With enough time and community effort, we can piece the rest together. Some players, however, do not wish to participate in the great adventure of research, as they would rather talk about the smaller details of new content like glitches and new exploitables that have already been mentioned before.

It's not Treyarch's fault that they are focusing more on story content than character background. We get some tidbits about our new crew here and there while we are presented with story material. Did you forget about Marlton's experience during Nuketown Zombies, or the connection between each "faction" (Misty & Marlton versus Samuel & Russman)? While our new audio transmissions don't exploit it too much, we can see how each character plays a vital role in the story.

When we are directly given evidence like Stuhlinger's involvement in The Flesh in Die Rise, it only created more questions, not answers. We don't know why or how he was in the cult; we only assume that he belongs because everything we learned pointed right towards him and was made clear as day. There will be a continuous hype of "what will happen next" to keep fresh ideas rolling in. We have to also know how Richtofen and Maxis will counter one another in the race for power. It's not that easy to create two perspectives of the storyline into one, large "book".

This forum is definitely a bit too slow, and I would love more discussion on (legitimate) things that have been discovered, the story, and the characters themselves (if there was more discussion to be had), but on the other hand I find it a refreshing break from the TranZit forum. For a while it seemed to have 15 new "I know the next step!! And if you don't think there is a next step you're a dumb quitter kid so shut up!!" threads a day... not to mention trolls getting an all you can eat buffet there (actually, I've avoided it because it got so bad... it may still be that way). In fact, I started seeing threads where the first post was "[user] is a troll and I don't believe anything you say!!" and three posts later the OP was begging the person they called out as a troll to just please please please give them one more hint.

Not everything in the Die Rise forum is stocked with quality observations, but it's a lot easier to find good discussions when you're not forced to sort through a constant steam of "I threw a monkey off the map and heard the laugh like the box moves and it HAS TO mean something it HAS TO be significant and it is definitely the NEXT STEP!!!!!!!!!" threads.

There really isn't much to this map. It's almost like a normal survival map. I mean there's the Easter egg with 2 sides and a teddy bear song.... Pretty lame. I was hoping for more secrets and things to find. If there was more to this map there would be more topics. But sadly this map doesn't have much in it as far as depth. Pretty simple.

This forum is definitely a bit too slow, and I would love more discussion on (legitimate) things that have been discovered, the story, and the characters themselves (if there was more discussion to be had), but on the other hand I find it a refreshing break from the TranZit forum. For a while it seemed to have 15 new "I know the next step!! And if you don't think there is a next step you're a dumb quitter kid so shut up!!" threads a day... not to mention trolls getting an all you can eat buffet there (actually, I've avoided it because it got so bad... it may still be that way). In fact, I started seeing threads where the first post was "[user] is a troll and I don't believe anything you say!!" and three posts later the OP was begging the person they called out as a troll to just please please please give them one more hint.

Not everything in the Die Rise forum is stocked with quality observations, but it's a lot easier to find good discussions when you're not forced to sort through a constant steam of "I threw a monkey off the map and heard the laugh like the box moves and it HAS TO mean something it HAS TO be significant and it is definitely the NEXT STEP!!!!!!!!!" threads.

I'm guessing the hype of a new game brought in new zombie killers and ee hunters, but now with die rise, there isnt as many questions to be answered and not as much secrecy, the new people have either lost interest, or realize that die rise isnt as mysterious as green run. Which is good, gives this place a break from the nonsense.

And where is PINNAZ and Flamenwerher disscusing the map and all?

I'll assume you mean me. 8-)

I made quite a few threads, but they either

a) Got buried under the plethora of new threads, or

B) They were moved to the map discussion forum, like PINNAZ pointed out.

But yes, now that the "omg new map!!!11!!" feeling has wore off, and most of the story/strategy discussions being moved, the Die Rise section here has just been a beehive, but replace the bees with senseless threads.

I'm really getting board of the new maps more quickly than the old, not game-play-wise but story-wise, there is just not enough to work with for me, unless i am missing all the important stuff.

I'm finding myself going back to the old maps and looking at there stroy just to give myself something to do, but maybe i just have such high expectations after W@W and BO1 that i don't appreciate what we have been given.