Chapters, not Map Names.

When Black Ops 2 came out, we were given two "names" for Tranzit/Green Run. Everyone concluded that "Tranzit" must be the game mode and "Green Run" is the Map name. Now that Die Rise/Great Leap Forward has shown there will be multiple names with no other maps to go along with them. There will not be another Tranzit. There will not be another Die Rise.

I think since we are technically being told a story through a magazine in the loading screen, the developers were referring to Green Run and Great Leap Forward as chapters in history. Both names signify a particular timeline and event that happened, so why not have a chapter name? I'll admit that we haven't had this in the past, but what other explanation could it be? I personally like the idea of it.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have news to this discussion both green run and great leap forward happened in 1949

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Run

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Leap_Forward

December 2–3, 1949

1949–1976, The Mao Era

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1949

has all the info about 1949 what happened

WE MUST RESEARCH

That's bullshit, GLF is filled with ads saying since 1996

and also, in the loading screen magazine green run is inserted between NTZ and GLF

So it would fit with your chapter theory

I think since we are technically being told a story through a magazine in the loading screen, the developers were referring to Green Run and Great Leap Forward as chapters in history. Both names signify a particular timeline and event that happened, so why not have a chapter name? I'll admit that we haven't had this in the past, but what other explanation could it be? I personally like the idea of it.

I completely agree DB4D.

LiamFTW posted that he thought the names sounded as though they were referring to chapters for a overall story aswell. So far it makes sense.

I think that the DLC maps will be China, Cuba, Vietnam & Russia. Lately I've been looking for a 'common' type of name for an event that occured in these countries. Im very hesitant to say this as its probably completely wrong.

If we go by the name of the first DLC - Revolution - all of these countries had some type of revolution through the 60's & all of the countries were connected at the time in some way. All of these countries feature on the BO version of the Nacht Der Untoten Loading Screen.

But, looking back to Der Riese, what ever happened to England & France that were in the Teleporter rooms?

and also, in the loading screen magazine green run is inserted between NTZ and GLF

I think you misunderstood what he was referring to. In real life, the Green Run Project happened in December 1949 and the Great Leap Forward occured between 1958-1961 - The Republic of China was created in 1949.

These are real life event names but bear no resemeblence to the map itself.

I completely agree DB4D.

LiamFTW posted that he thought the names sounded as though they were referring to chapters for a overall story aswell. So far it makes sense.

I think that the DLC maps will be China, Cuba, Vietnam & Russia. Lately I've been looking for a 'common' type of name for an event that occured in these countries. Im very hesitant to say this as its probably completely wrong.

If we go by the name of the first DLC - Revolution - all of these countries had some type of revolution through the 60's & all of the countries were connected at the time in some way. All of these countries feature on the BO version of the Nacht Der Untoten Loading Screen.

But, looking back to Der Riese, what ever happened to England & France that were in the Teleporter rooms?

I think you misunderstood what he was referring to. In real life, the Green Run Project happened in December 1949 and the Great Leap Forward occured between 1958-1961 - The Republic of China was created in 1949.

These are real life event names but bear no resemeblence to the map itself.

My apologies to LiamFTW as I must have missed his thread. If you wish you can delete/merge/dismiss this thread and continue on with life. :lol:

Do you have a link PINNAZ? I'd love to see what someone else thinks of this. Not that the comments here aren't appreciated, I would just like to hear someone's honest opinion that hasn't read my theory. Completely unbiased you know?

As for Nuketown, I think it has SOME story significance as we now know where one of the missles from Moon landed. We also know that this map happens at the same time as Moon and during the soul swap of Rictofen and Samantha. It doesn't have a chapter, but it definitely has significance. It's not just extra.

@Pinnaz

It was from a zombies live stream for when die rise came out, they got on the topic of the timeframe of nuketown zombies and how it ties into the story. Somone mentioned Nucular tests of the black ops time frame and people got that result.

I didn't really credit anyone becuase it was in a chat room the whole time.