1000 Free Points? New persistent upgrade? (video)

Megaton A

I'm not sure if this has been discovered/discussed previously, but if so I hadn't heard about it.

I just started a game on Die Rise. On round 1 I had a single zombie left, had turned on the power, was building the Trample Steam, etc. I held a zombie at the window by Revive, bought Revive when it came down, went back to repairing the boards the zombie was tearing down, and then I heard the "lost a persistent upgrade" sound. Didn't have any idea what it could have been, but I went up, grabbed a Trample Steam part, dropped back to the room... and noticed I somehow had 1000 points more than what I should have. I couldn't figure it out... so I quit and went to theater mode to review the game. This is what happened;

nuDhae2FUFo

Bought the perk, repaired a couple boards, then 5 "+200" points pop up. Then right after the zombie hits me and I lose some upgrade. Anyone know anything about this? It's almost like Misty belches some points out. :P

Edit; totally just re-created the scenario. Same character, same window, same perk... nothing happened. Maybe some kind of "perk refund" upgrade? But you get double the points back you spent? I have no clue.

Edit 2; I'm thinking this may be somehow related to double points... mainly because I bought a perk and got "double points" back. And after reviewing my video, the "losing a persistent upgrade" sound begins just before the zombie hits me... and right after I get the points. This makes me think that somehow if you do the right thing with a Double Points drop, you will get "double your money back" on the next perk you purchase. There's one thing against that, however... the game just before this was me getting the persistent Jugg in TranZit. I got no drops in that game, and no money back on my Quick Revive purchases. In the game where I got the points, I had also not gotten any drops... and I have triple checked to make sure I didn't earn any upgrade in that game before this. Perhaps it is a Die Rise only upgrade, and I got it the last time I played that map? I would check, but the last game I played went to round 60 and even if the entire game were in my theater, it would take too long to review the whole thing.

I'm stumped unless someone knows what causes this.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like it was definitely something you already had because there was no green mist, but what would cause you to lose it so quickly??

Maybe this is only a solo upgrade because the quick revive costs 500, and you get 2000 back? Then again it would be the first of it's kind because every other persistant upgrade can be used with 1-4 people.

I don't know but this is definitely interesting!

P.S. I sent you a message on Youtube Megatron :)

Yeah, I dunno. All I can think is that it's somehow a one-time use upgrade, and that's why I hear that I've lost it after buying the perk. I've also tried re-creating it by going into TranZit and reacquiring Persisti-jug (just like I did before this game) and I still didn't get the "perk refund".

I don't understand at all how this works, but I wish I did... 1000 free points could be really convenient in early rounds. And I wonder if it works with any perk or just Revive? If anyone gets anywhere with this I would love to know.