Magma damage to zombies

BinSys

Introduction

Recently we have a project to measure the weapon damage statistics. Today when we have been performing a preparation experiment, we have obtained a new information.

That is the magma damage for zombies. We have measured it as an experiment. I would like to report it.

Experimental procedure

The new zomibes spawned from a barricade were used. The zombies have no damage. They were guided to a magma pool and were stayed there. The staying time at the magma pool is the touch time. The magma damage to a zombie was given by changing the touch time. The zombie's health was measured using a default knife.

Results and discussion

The magma damage to zombies is almost the same to players. That is related to the touch time with the magma. When we have measured this damage at some rounds, we have found that the magma damage has influenced the ratio of zombie's health.

Figure shows the touch time vs. zombie's health. From this Figure, it is found that the reduction velocity of zombie's health is about 1.7 %/s. The maximum-reduction ratio of a zombie's health is 50 %.

Summary

We obtained follwing information of the magma damage.

1. It influences the touch time with magma.

2. It is not constant damage. It is at a rate (%) of the zombie's health.

3. The reduction velocity of zombie's health is about 1.7 %/s.

4. The maximum-reduction ratio of a zombie's health is 50 %. This doesn't depend on the round.

We think that this result will be helpful to go to higher round. If this report is helpful for you, we are glad.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work BinSys, as always!

A nice use of this is in round 14, maybe 15+. Leading a zombie through the lava just quickly still allows you to insta-knuckle him.

In higher rounds, this is of course great to save ammo. However, people normally use the Jet Gun there. But if you don't and see you are getting low, I would think of crossing big lava pools (e.g. BridgeTown) over and over again, to get the necessary 30s quickly done. Alternatively, simply run a train around a lava pool.

I still think though, that the negative effects of lava / burning zombies are too bad (slowing yourself, damage from explosion). I think I run my trains still in a no-lava areas. Even if it needs more ammo.

Some more amazing work BinSys. I got a few questions though.

When you say magma do you only mean the pools of lava or the lines of fire as well? Also is it the time the zombie is on fire or the time it's standing on the fire source? Last but not least do you know why some zombies on fire explode instead of turning into crawler when shot with a raygun?

Anyways, keep the threads coming! I loving them :D

Great work BinSys, as always!

A nice use of this is in round 14, maybe 15+. Leading a zombie through the lava just quickly still allows you to insta-knuckle him.

In higher rounds, this is of course great to save ammo. However, people normally use the Jet Gun there. But if you don't and see you are getting low, I would think of crossing big lava pools (e.g. BridgeTown) over and over again, to get the necessary 30s quickly done. Alternatively, simply run a train around a lava pool.

I still think though, that the negative effects of lava / burning zombies are too bad (slowing yourself, damage from explosion). I think I run my trains still in a no-lava areas. Even if it needs more ammo.

Thank you for your comments. I assume to use this information for survival mode. Because there is only a raygun at the survival mode. Especially I think that this is useful for town and bus depot at higher round.

When you say magma do you only mean the pools of lava or the lines of fire as well? Also is it the time the zombie is on fire or the time it's standing on the fire source? Last but not least do you know why some zombies on fire explode instead of turning into crawler when shot with a raygun?

Thank you for your comments. Yes. Magma is the pools of lava. At the fire line, it is difficult to get the touch time. The fire source of lava pool is easy to get the touch time. So it may be difficult for Farm to use.

For the last question, I don't know the reason yet.

Now I have a project to measure the weapon damage statistics. I'll report it when it is completed.

First, thanks BinSys for the knowledge.

At 5and5: on the last q; if the zombie is at full flame, they explode, as soon as it dies down a notch, they will be crawlerable or stabable without exploding.

First, thanks BinSys for the knowledge.

At 5and5: on the last q; if the zombie is at full flame, they explode, as soon as it dies down a notch, they will be crawlerable or stabable without exploding.

Thank you for your comments and support.

I kind of used this tactic on Town when I got my Round 49 on solo and 50 on co-op. I knew the lava would definitely add up the damage.

Bring the zombies into lava pool take their legs using Mustang and sallys then shoot ray gun.

Thank you for your comments. I had known this phenomenon as a qualitative information. But I had never known about it as a quantitative information. So I investigated it as the quantitative information.

After much experimenting, despite my earlier post, the real determining factor on whether or not a zombie explodes is noise: as long as they sizzle, they will explode. As soon as the sizzle stops, no explosion.

I tested this several times in town survival. I am fairly certain that this is accurate.

They will stop sizzling before the flames die down.