Gersch Involved In Shangri-La's Disappearance. *Updated*

Ryan Nowell

As you can see on Ascension's loading screen image, we see this Mysterious man who we all believe is either the man, Gersch or Yuri Zavortksi standing on the Right. (Man who was leading Project Mercury aka The Gersch Device) Yuri killed Gersch; either by hand or with Samantha's help. The next image are the 115 Rockets that were sent from the moon to destroy the Earth. On to our middle image… We all have looked at this image and saw a Jail of some sort... Perhaps we are looking at this wrong.. Looking upon this image again, (with my theory on Gersch) this does look like the area they where keeping the Gersch Device in during trials. It even fits through the slot in the Bars. And the Right image show's a Zombie with the 'Orange' Glow around him. (Which we all know by now, Signifies that Samantha was in control) I do Believe this to be either Gersch or Yuri; But most likely Gersch. Gersch is also prolly the guy from the beginning asking for assistance using the same method Maxis is using to communicate.

On Call of the Dead's Loading screen, I want you to see the two corners that have been ripped off. One corner reveals Gersch (Makes me think that the Gersch Device had a roll in teleporting the crew to this map) and the other corner shows us our next map, Shangri-La. (Paradise) Signifying that the three either have something major in common or the tear on the right is there so that Gersch can be seen on the Shangri-La loading screen. And if that’s the case, Then Gersch had a big role in Shangri-La as well.

As you see, The Temples of Shangri-La are in the Process of being teleported to Mars (Yes, Mars)

It was believed, at the time, that the biggest zombie’s secret ever was the “Shangri-La’s Mountains.” If you look on Youtube, there is a video about the Mountain that the Developers put in the outside of the map. These mountains are almost identical to the mountains on Mars. This Theory sparked my theory on how Shangri-La got there in the first place.

I'd like to thank RadAustin27 On the Youtube video I saw. Rad basically explains that Shangri-La was teleported to Mars and goes on to show the Mountains that do not belong. But HOW did they get there? On the Top Left corner, The Tear is Still There, Still Revealing Gersch.

Our Heroes most likely teleported to Shangri-La. But once they got there, Shangri-La was then sucked up and moved to Mars. Where it Resides today. Another reason I think The Gersch Device became more and more unstable, is that coming from Ascension’s Gersch, you see each ripped-occurrence getting bigger. Each tear on the page is more like a circle (Gersch). I believe they used Gersch to teleport themselves without realizing what it was doing.

On the Moon’s Loading Screen, we’re going to pay more attention the page on the right. (Top Left) You see the words, “Meanwhile…..” Meaning that this is taking place around the same time as we’re on Shangri-La. You also see a Pyramid from Shangri-La Floating and/or Traveling in space. You also see a shadow (Believed to be Samantha Maxis) cast on the Moon. (Bottom Left) You see a trench that was dug with the excavator in the image to the right of it. You’re also looking at either: The Pyramid that was floating in space, or a completely different one, already on the Moon. (If it’s Meanwhile, then that was a different one going through space) There is also a bridge going over the trench and 4 (or more) Astronauts in the image. I’m not sure if that’s suppose to be us on the moon, or the early stages of a crew putting the Moon Station together?

But Nonetheless, The Gersch Device Is A Powerful Weapon That Creates A Black Hole/Worm Hole and Teleports Those That Get Sucked In. (Generator on Ascension, The "Metal Plates" on the Moon and Part of the Earth, Shangri-La)

On DIE RISE, You hear, "Mend the Rift" being spoken to Stu. The Rift in Space and Time? You mean the Rift that the Gersch Device utterly destroyed? Yeah, All Gersch's Fault.

It's a CONSPIRACY!! "Stu"

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The common belief is that the tear in the pagesi indicate the order in which the maps occur. Ascension to Call of the Dead to Shangri La to Moon to Nuketown Zombies. In term of events, they all happen chronologically, which is what the tears in the comic pages represent.

Interesting take nonetheless.

Also, I'm not sure that the Gersch Device is quite that powerful. Suck in some zombies, teleportation, sure. But sucking in an entire map seems implausible.

Oh, and the whole "Shangri La on Mars" thing actually originated from a thread here on CoDz from an old friend of mine Tac. I'm pretty sure he was the first to release that theory.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=22842#p219956

• Administrators

It's a black hole. And like any black hole, it gains strenght and mass based on the amount of objects sucked in.

It's not a black hole. The Gersch Device is a mechanism that creates a time distortion that rips through the fabric of space within a particular boundary. This is why there is a beam of light much similar to the Mystery Box. Supposedly, you are passing through the Aether at such high velocity unlike the MTD teleporters in Der Riese and Kino Der Toten. It acts as centrifugal force (or the concept of such) which will obliterate zombies since they cannot withstand the space transfer, yet the human body is able to.

I'm not calling out your theory; in fact, it's a very unique one and quite plausible when you use these kind of connects including supporting details. Very nice, friendo! It's just that the Gersch Device - as previously stated - would not be capable of teleporting a whole map / creating a zone warp of said magnitude. But it doesn't necessarily mean Gersch is not involved in some way. ;)

Keep 'em coming friendo!

If I remember correctly, the Gersch Device was originally created as a portal to the Aether. If I am wrong tho please forgive me. It's original use was in some way involved with matter transport to the aether. Although the zombies get sucked in, I believe it was said that the Gersch Device didn't produce enough energy or wasn't powerful enough to transport living things. Therefore it only drops players back into their realm at a different location instead. I may be incorrect tho.

Like your theories & you're ideas that Gersch is most definately a significant figure in all this...although I'm confused on the shangri la part..are you saying that 'we' are currently playing on mars whilst on the map or that it got teleported to mars once the O4 have moved on. The former begging the question that surely no life could survive on mars?

I wonder if the Gersch devices we get are smaller versions/prototypes of a bigger Gersch device, which can have the ability to suck up 'places'

nuketown loading screen...big, final version of the Gersch device perhaps? Possibly trying to 'clean up/last resort' after the O4 &/or CDC/CIA have been there and have consequently failed in killing all the zombies in the area.

Non thought-out , shot in the dark 3 o clock in the morning theories, I love em :lol: bed time I think

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhere in Space.. Perhaps another dimension or Heaven.. Or Hell.....

Idk, It's not like they're going to tell us.. Unless they come out with a comicbook series after Black Ops 2. I'm sure by then, a lot of these people with theories, will be disproven.. including myself. I just want to know for sure what the hell is happening. I can listen to every radio box, tv and voices 1,000 times and will still be confused 50% of the time. It's like watching Batman but not knowing he fights crime.

Somewhere in Space.. Perhaps another dimension or Heaven.. Or Hell.....

Idk, It's not like they're going to tell us.. Unless they come out with a comicbook series after Black Ops 2. I'm sure by then, a lot of these people with theories, will be disproven.. including myself. I just want to know for sure what the hell is happening. I can listen to every radio box, tv and voices 1,000 times and will still be confused 50% of the time. It's like watching Batman but not knowing he fights crime.

This is the most intriguing and frustrating aspect. It is extremely dismaying when we have all these audio clues and have no idea what they are alluding to. On the other hand it is extremely rewarding when we finally figure it out in a "EUREKA!" moment. I like to think of it as a challenging game of "Free Cell" which is an extremely difficult card game on windows. You can be utterly locked in concentration and thaught for a while, but then suddenly you put the right card in the right place and the whole thing collapses and BOOM you have won! We can listen to audio clips all day, but if we don't know what triggers them then we cannot know the actual situation or context they are used in, and will have multiple possible meanings until we do.

On a side note, I am not a comic geek by any stretch, but I would totally read a comic based on zombies! Especially if it fleshes out the darker corners of the zombie universe or back stories.

Interesting theory, however there are a few points I'd like to make... I don't think that cage is where they would keep the Gersch device, the thing that goes through that slot is a water bowl as it seems to be a cage where they would keep the monkeys that Yuri would launch into space. I wouldn't take the orangyness too seriously at this point, i know the whole maxis vs ed colour thing, but i think people are taking it a bit far, i thought that guy on the right was Gersch when Yuri tampers with his device and sends him into the aether.

The whole ripped page thing, interconnecting Shangri La and Gersch seems tenuous to me. The rips, to me, seem to just give the order of events whilst giving us a thought provoking glimpse into the next map. To assume Gersch is involved and that the rips building in size translates to the Gersch device becoming more unstable is a big leap of faith, don't really see a lot of evidence for that.

The mars theory.. I personally am not a believer in this, Brock and Gary, English explorers came across Shangri La looking for Agartha entrance, they did not require a space-craft to get there. Like you say it could have been teleported after but there are no in-game references to this by the characters, so at what point was it teleported, and most importantly why? If it was to stop Richtofen that doesn't make sense because he's already there. Also there is the small fact of no life as we know it can survive on mars. Obviously the temple/s are capable of space flight, as seen on moon loading screen, but to just pick up a massive section of earth and randomly transport it to mars...i don't buy it.

Don't mean to shoot you down or anything, just felt I needed to add a few things, feel free to argue/debate my points etc.