Galvaknuckle Room Glitch (now patched)

TheJayJizzLe

I find it wrong for people to think that caring about a score is not an important part of any game or competition. We keep score. The game keeps score. There's a reason for that. Should it be the be all and end all to gaming? No, of course not. Not having fun and playing in a manner you do not enjoy, cannot help but end badly. But we have scores and some great players on this site. And I'd like to see them at the top of leaderboards because they earned it. And anyone whose score is far down because someone else glitched / spawned or whatever does not deserve to be there. Simple as that.

And when I checked out the leaderboards a few days in and saw top scores in the 130's already ... who are we kidding? Treyarch should also have seen it and I am disappointed they could not simply fix the issue and wipe all those scores. I know it takes time and money to do these things, but managing your site and your game is also your responsibility.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I truly think Treyarch should patch the GK room and allow zombies to spawn and drop down from above. Though I've used the spot myself to see what it could do since everyone else I knew was trying it (and I got past 100 with it), I feel like any pride you could get out of doing so feels so empty, almost as if you cheated.

Though my Die Rise leaderboard score is higher than my best score on Tranzit (74), I feel so much more proud of my Tranzit score due to the fact that not just anyone could do it. Because it took a lot of hard work to get that score (and I plan to pass it eventually).

Die Rise (at least leaderboard-wise) has become essentially what a map would be if glitches were allowed and never patched. While I don't think it would be right for Treyarch to remove everyone who used the GK room to reach a high score (since they really aren't glitching the game), it does feel almost like getting a true high round via traditional means has almost no value - at least for me. For me what feels good is both seeing myself succeed at something that used to give me trouble, and being able to respond when asked: "yeah, I got ____ round on ____". It feels good.

I agree with the opinions voiced here. It takes a lot of credit away from people who are actually good at this game and who are consistent enough at it to get rounds that others couldn't when any random person who can survive rounds 1-10 can get the same score with no skill.

Please, Treyarch, fix this.

I don't know how the leaderboards (on Xbox Live) can be saved at this point, but I hope that at least the PC and PS3 versions will be fixed and updated before they're available to download.

The 3 highest legit scores on Die Rise

Steve and KingJaq - 122 (13 hours and 15 hours)

Dims - 121 (around 13 I believe).

All 3 of these games were ended by xbox or treyarch issues. Server errors and freezes.

It could be a coincidence but how is it fair that 3 guys play their arses off for 10 hours plus, and some guy can sit in one spot and do the same thing in 1/2 the time, and get higher on the boards.

Have any of you thought of this: Who cares? :o

Who cares about glitches or spawn thingies? Get over it, guys! Either way there are gonna be glitches and spawn whatever the hell thingies.

He is right you know. They may use glitches to get to high rounds or kills. Still it doesn't show they are well trained or survival zombie expert at the game. I like to call these people who only use glitches and never play the game right are "Newbies". But for those who just use them to mess around is fine since the game may get boring until the next map 8-) . Newbies are newbies in either MP or zombies. Until they reach the level of student. We have many teacher's to train them.

Why don't we make trainer's for zombie's. MP clan's have trainer's, so why not for zombies? It may help boost team work,survival and getting to high round's without glitches.

I am not a competetive player myself, so I'm going to avoid the whole leaderboard discussion.

In reference to this particular camping spot...It's not a glitch, the zombies still try to eat you and can if you let them. I see where training requires a great deal more skill, but it is an exploit, same as the camping spot, so if knowing and using exploits effectively are the way to really play this game (leaving crawlers, knifing for more points) then I'd say the camping spot is at the pinnacle of exploits.

Sure it doesn't take much skill, but does it take more skill training in Ascension than Kino? There will always be skill level differences from map to map and different exploits as well. I disagree with the call for patching utterly and here's my reason why...

One of the major exploits in Zombies is leaving crawlers so the round doesn't change giving players time to gain a better gun, buy perks, rebuild barriers, etc.. To me, this action became a staple in BO1 and served a vital purpose in getting the EE's finished. In BO2, this simple exploit has been patched, but the EE's have become more complicated with the addition of buildables. I want the simplicity of crawlers to return, damn the other exploits.

I do use this camping spot in early rounds, just to whore a bunch of points, but I find it boring to linger there.

The 3 highest legit scores on Die Rise

Steve and KingJaq - 122 (13 hours and 15 hours)

Dims - 121 (around 13 I believe).

All 3 of these games were ended by xbox or treyarch issues. Server errors and freezes.

It could be a coincidence but how is it fair that 3 guys play their arses off for 10 hours plus, and some guy can sit in one spot and do the same thing in 1/2 the time, and get higher on the boards.

I feel like this is just completely screwing those over who worked their asses off to get to high rounds. Like this "glitch", or whatever you'd like to call it pretty much squashes what they did with legit strategies, making it worthless to an extent. I'm not the type of person who cares about high scores and leaderboards. I mean, I'm not much better than the average player, but I have mad respect for those who can achieve these high rounds and awesome stats.

Some people, myself included, may not care about their stats or positions on the leaderboards, but there are those who do, and take it seriously. And it just doesn't seem fair that some random person, maybe even a person with zero skill, can come in and do something like this and just shove the best zombies players out of the way.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.

How is the sliqifier over powered its nothing compared to black ops 1 wonder weapons I don't even use any WW in bo2 all assault riffles and everyone cried how the thrustodine gun in Tranzit sucked so they give you a lil stronger weapon you can't even pack a punch and use say its over powered I honestly think it sucks its ok but nothing like the scavenger babygun or thundergun more like a wintershowl type of gun

Who cares about glitches or spawn thingies? Get over it, guys! Either way there are gonna be glitches and spawn whatever the hell thingies.

He is right you know. They may use glitches to get to high rounds or kills. Still it doesn't show they are well trained or survival zombie expert at the game. I like to call these people who only use glitches and never play the game right are "Newbies". But for those who just use them to mess around is fine since the game may get boring until the next map 8-) . Newbies are newbies in either MP or zombies. Until they reach the level of student. We have many teacher's to train them.

Why don't we make trainer's for zombie's. MP clan's have trainer's, so why not for zombies? It may help boost team work,survival and getting to high round's without glitches.

I don't think anyone is gonna have the patience to teach a noob but yeah it could work. I like to troll noobs though...(think whatever you guys want of me)

I don't think anyone is gonna have the patience to teach a noob but yeah it could work. I like to troll noobs though...(think whatever you guys want of me)

Just saying but yeah messing with noobs are more fun.

How is the sliqifier over powered its nothing compared to black ops 1 wonder weapons I don't even use any WW in bo2 all assault riffles and everyone cried how the thrustodine gun in Tranzit sucked so they give you a lil stronger weapon you can't even pack a punch and use say its over powered I honestly think it sucks its ok but nothing like the scavenger babygun or thundergun more like a wintershowl type of gun

If you are really comparing the sliquifier to the winterhowl then I'm guessing you have never been past round 30.

I used this gun to get 23,000 kills and recycled it once, after 21,000.

Only people who will use and abuse this are ppl who have never been able to achieve high rounds legit as someone who has earned my high round on die rise(76 suicide) i would have no problem if treyarch erased the leaderboards for die rise just once and put a few new spawn points in that area because its dumb how ppl never have to move and just shoot in one direction to get to a high round now. If its not a glitch it sure as hell is cheap and requires 0 skill.

I've been over 30 on any map I've ever played and I'm sorry if I haven't used the sliqifier much I mean its cool but it takes no skills using a wonder weapon I've been over 30 on plenty maps with just assault rifles and O downs like add me check my stats it takes no skill useing a wonder weapon I have over 2000 kills and over 1200 headshots most games to whoever said I haven't been over 30

Alrighty, who cares. Look at the leaderboards, if they have 1123134 kills with only 115 headshots, they "Exploited". Know they halfassed it and move on. No need to blow a gasket, I'm sure Treyarc will fix it once they work out all the other kinks.

Mmmm, this is blatantly incorrect. I have been in the 60's with 1 headshot, and at most around 300. I even played last night with sallies only to 36, with liquid as a backup. Most players ignore all the wall guns and go for the sallies and liquid, hence no headshots.

....Regardless of how you use it, in a corner or training, the Sliquifier is by far the most overpowered weapon ever created. If you have all the zombies in one ball, they all die with one shot... thus exploitation.

Am I going to say I've never done it? No, I have. Am I going to say that its a skillful legit way of playing? No, its not.

A traditional player, would never use something like that... it removes the fun from the game.

this is exactly how the thundergun, wave gun, and wunderwaffe(WaW) worked.... sliquifier is no more OP than any of those WW's

:edit: technically the fractalizer too considering you cna shrink and kick an entire horde

Mmmm, this is blatantly incorrect. I have been in the 60's with 1 headshot, and at most around 300. I even played last night with sallies only to 36, with liquid as a backup. Most players ignore all the wall guns and go for the sallies and liquid, hence no headshots.

....Regardless of how you use it, in a corner or training, the Sliquifier is by far the most overpowered weapon ever created. If you have all the zombies in one ball, they all die with one shot... thus exploitation.

Am I going to say I've never done it? No, I have. Am I going to say that its a skillful legit way of playing? No, its not.

A traditional player, would never use something like that... it removes the fun from the game.

this is exactly how the thundergun, wave gun, and wunderwaffe(WaW) worked.... sliquifier is no more OP than any of those WW's

:edit: technically the fractalizer too considering you cna shrink and kick an entire horde

Yeah it wouldn't be OP if that was all it did. But we all know it is more than a one shot hoard killer. Frankly, it's a movable barrier glitch.

You guys know the Sliquifier can kill 300 zombies with one shot, right?

Is there a limit? I assumed it had no upper-bound, just needed the right conditions.

It can, in theory, kill all the zombies in the round with a single shot. In practice, this obviously won't work, but 150+ zombies with a single shot is not all that uncommon when the spawns max out.

I've been over 30 on any map I've ever played and I'm sorry if I haven't used the sliqifier much I mean its cool but it takes no skills using a wonder weapon I've been over 30 on plenty maps with just assault rifles and O downs like add me check my stats it takes no skill useing a wonder weapon I have over 2000 kills and over 1200 headshots most games to whoever said I haven't been over 30

Jog on mate, you sound like some kind of elitist then. Why would you not use the wonder weapons? Of course it takes skills to use them properly, any newb can spray and pray but you don't get to round 50 by doing this.

I can get games with over 80% headshots, and it is fun sometimes but to only play that way and ignore the WWs is stupid in my opinion. You are missing a whole world of fun in itself.

If you watch a few videos you can see how it is used. As you are training find a spot with a slight incline, they are all over the buddha room, hole in the ground room, etc.

Fire a shot into the first zombie in your train liquefying them, the other run into that one and start to slip and liquefy as well. It acts as a chain reaction of sorts.

If you watch a few videos you can see how it is used. As you are training find a spot with a slight incline, they are all over the buddha room, hole in the ground room, etc.

Fire a shot into the first zombie in your train liquefying them, the other run into that one and start to slip and liquefy as well. It acts as a chain reaction of sorts.

Actually, you can do it simply by kiting too. It's way more fun in my opinion. Check it.