Turned = Flawed… Why Treyarch WHY!!!!

OMGItsPatricio

Ok, so today after getting a few nice games on Die Rise (amazing map BTW) I finally managed to get my shotgun emblem at a 223 k/d ratio. Awesome right? Just so you know I've been working on these for easily 3 months. So then I get them and I go cray cray. Afterwards my friend invites me to a game and we decide to play turned. Never really played it since the DLC came out, and wanted to try it out (especially the achievements). After playing 5 games I notice something (other than the fact that I was no longer a shotgun rank) EVERY SINGLE DEATH, WHETHER IT BE FROM A GUN OR FROM A ZOMBIE SLASH = A DOWN ON THE LEADERBOARDS. So I went from my beautiful 223 k/d to a 180 in 5 games! 5 GAMES!!!! So, my question is why would treyarch make this game mode, albeit fun, just trash your stats. Why can't they just count wins and deaths or something, BUT NOT DOWNS. So in order for me to keep my 223 k/d ratio I either have to go perfect in a 5 minute long game of turned, or kill 223 players with one down; both of which are impossible. So now I'm stuck with 109k kills and 580 downs. In other to get my k/d up the fastest (the quickest way where its possible, albeit remotely) that would mean 3 games were I get above 10,000 kills; meaning I need to get to round 70 three times! Once is already extremely difficult let alone 3 times. So, 30,000 kills, which is a lot when you factor in I probably only spent half an hour playing Turned. So lo to those who have shotguns, don't even touch turned. And Treyarch, if you are seeing this, please fix this mode or at least let players know of the consequences of playing it. Here's to the 30,000 kills I need to get, heh.

//rant_over

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is literally the same topic as this one right below. Anyway, my thoughts on the matter.

Lol stats? We didn't have stats like that in World at War. We didn't have them in Black Ops either.

We don't need them now, either. Zombies is supposed to be fun, not super-competitive. What matters is your enjoyment, not your "rank". I, for one, like Turned. It's fresh and fun. Who cares about stats when you're chasing a panicked human from across the map?

Pfffft stats. Who needs them?

The rank really dont mean much. I have gone a whole week with out playing zombie and got deranked pretty bad. And that kinda sucks but in reality you can get back to the emblem you want with maybe 3-4 high round games. I dont worry bout the rank stuff too much. When I started playing again after 7 days I had the skull. (played with randoms by the way) After 2 matches on nuketown(35 1st time and 40 the 2nd) I got back my shottys. SO nuff said about the gay rank system.

The rank really dont mean much. I have gone a whole week with out playing zombie and got deranked pretty bad. And that kinda sucks but in reality you can get back to the emblem you want with maybe 3-4 high round games. I dont worry bout the rank stuff too much. When I started playing again after 7 days I had the skull. (played with randoms by the way) After 2 matches on nuketown(35 1st time and 40 the 2nd) I got back my shottys. SO nuff said about the gay rank system.
You only get deranked tally wise for not playing. I think you are lying.

There is literally the same topic as this one right below. Anyway, my thoughts on the matter.

Lol stats? We didn't have stats like that in World at War. We didn't have them in Black Ops either.

We don't need them now, either. Zombies is supposed to be fun, not super-competitive. What matters is your enjoyment, not your "rank". I, for one, like Turned. It's fresh and fun. Who cares about stats when you're chasing a panicked human from across the map?

You obviously have never been shotgun rank before. The feeling of going into a lobby with crossbones and plain skulls saying how you are so wonderful if pretty fun to me. :)

You obviously have never been shotgun rank before. The feeling of going into a lobby with crossbones and plain skulls saying how you are so wonderful if pretty fun to me. :)

TBH i don't care much for stats but when i see some one with the top rank I'm pretty impressed, even if I don't know how they got it :lol:

When I see someone with shotguns I go "Oh wow, here we go again. Someone who will leave you to die in a heartbeat to avoid going down."

you haven't played with me. i play to win and my first instinct when i see someone down is to run at you. If i see that im not going to be able to revive you, its usually to late anyways so I keep trying. Has cost me a lot of games where i have t oleave my train to get someone and a lot of downs, but I see plenty of knives that don't even leave there spot when people go down one floor under them on die rise

When I see someone with shotguns I go "Oh wow, here we go again. Someone who will leave you to die in a heartbeat to avoid going down."

LOL so true... Don't forget leaving the game to avoid a down/death.

I've played with a couple really good Shotties, but most have been utterly useless as far as team play goes.

But hey, they can run trains right???

• 2 weeks later...

That made me laugh.

Either that or a guy that is really good in game overall.

Avoid going down is a good thing. If you did the same, you wouldn't be down in the first place and probably have the same rank as him. Haha ;) Also, Shotgun rank players usually revive their teammates anyway, I've never seen one that hasn't.

That made me laugh.

Either that or a guy that is really good in game overall.

Avoid going down is a good thing. If you did the same, you wouldn't be down in the first place and probably have the same rank as him. Haha ;) Also, Shotgun rank players usually revive their teammates anyway, I've never seen one that hasn't.

People who so desparately want to keep their shotgun rank are missing out on half the fun of bo2 zombies, namely turned, grief, and playing with randoms. They claim that "those gamemodes suck", when its actually because you're too paranoid of getting 1 down.

You say you 'work' for your 300 K/D. When i play games, its purely for entertainment. I, like most people, already have a lot of actual work to do. Why do you punish yourself with additional 'work' when zombies is supposed to be relaxing?

Lastly, no one cares about your K/D. This isn't multiplayer. There's a reason that no one can view your K/D other than yourself. It's just a meaningless stat, tbh.

Just my 2 cents on the ranking BS :)

Turned - to me - is a game to play with your buddies, perhaps sipping an alcoholic beverage (if you are "of age"). It's like the "party games" that used to be "wager matches" in BO. Unfortunately 3arc switched up the formula, and now "party games" count towards your overall score. In the end - this drives me away from playing these types of games.

But, like I said, it's a party game. It's not meant to be taken super seriously, and therefore, I wouldn't worry about your stats. Just play in moderation ;)