What's the point?

minator177

Sorry about the crappy tittle, but I made this small thread to ask a simple question...

In maps in the past, we always had a purpose (and I'm not talking about easter eggs)or a reason to play. In Five, we had the challenge of building up enough firepower to take down the theif. In Call of the Dead, it was to get all 8 perks from George. In TranZit, it was to build up points and store in the bank. ( AND YES, I just called it TranZit, not Green Run)

I won't mention every map, but what I'm trying to say, is that we always had a challenge that drove us to play the map, to develop strategies, to keep going. In Die Rise, I don't see any specific challenge. Sure, you turn on the power, build the new WW, get guns, PAP, get all perks (which isn't really a challenge at all), and then what?? Kill zombies till you get bored?

DON"T GET ME WRONG: I do love the challenge of trying to get to a high round, that's something that zombies will always have. But to me, Die Rise has little re-play value. It's not a map that I'm always going to want to play. I LOVE the design. I LOVE the atmosphere of the map, but let me ask you: Whats the point?? There's no big challenge. Again, I'm not talking about the easter eggs.

Can SOMEONE please point out something that I'm simply overlooking...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the crappy tittle, but I made this small thread to ask a simple question...

In maps in the past, we always had a purpose (and I'm not talking about easter eggs)or a reason to play. In Five, we had the challenge of building up enough firepower to take down the theif. In Call of the Dead, it was to get all 8 perks from George. In TranZit, it was to build up points and store in the bank. ( AND YES, I just called it TranZit, not Green Run)

I won't mention every map, but what I'm trying to say, is that we always had a challenge that drove us to play the map, to develop strategies, to keep going. In Die Rise, I don't see any specific challenge. Sure, you turn on the power, build the new WW, get guns, PAP, get all perks (which isn't really a challenge at all), and then what?? Kill zombies till you get bored?

DON"T GET ME WRONG: I do love the challenge of trying to get to a high round, that's something that zombies will always have. But to me, Die Rise has little re-play value. It's not a map that I'm always going to want to play. I LOVE the design. I LOVE the atmosphere of the map, but let me ask you: Whats the point?? There's no big challenge. Again, I'm not talking about the easter eggs.

Can SOMEONE please prove me wrong on this, or point out something that I'm simply overlooking...

I dont think this is a case of proving you wrong, games like books can be subjective in the way people interact with them. My honest opinion and initial reaction to reading this thread. This person is kidding himself as to why he plays games. I dont want to waste my time telling you what you allready seem to know.

If you cite getting 8 perks from George, getting perks from the Jumping Jacks would be a purpose.

Many maps do not have objectives. Firepower for the Thief is debatable; all of the classic maps, Kino, and maybe Ascension had no objective.

An objective does not make or break a map, in my opinion. ;)

Well said! As a zombo slayer for many a year now, I can only tell you this.... If you have to ask "Whats the point?" in zombies... you dont get it and maybe the game isnt necessarily for you. Zombies is all about the thrill. If your not challenged, up the ante. try achievements that arent in game. like train certain areas. kill zombies with specific gun or actions. The EE...

Not being disrespectful, just saying. Alot of the points you made earlier don't really make sense. In GREEN RUN we store money yeah.... but thats not the point of it by a long shot. If anything compares to what you mentioned then killing "him" is your point. The bank is a feature not a quest.

No one ca really prove you wrong on these grounds alone. your asking for someone to convince you to have fun in zombies? cant be done my friend. you love it or you hate it. sometimes both at the same time ha. zombies mode is a fickle mistress

If you cite getting 8 perks from George, getting perks from the Jumping Jacks would be a purpose.

Many maps do not have objectives. Firepower for the Thief is debatable; all of the classic maps, Kino, and maybe Ascension had no objective.

An objective does not make or break a map, in my opinion. ;)

Well said! As a zombo slayer for many a year now, I can only tell you this.... If you have to ask "Whats the point?" in zombies... you dont get it and maybe the game isnt necessarily for you. Zombies is all about the thrill. If your not challenged, up the ante. try achievements that arent in game. like train certain areas. kill zombies with specific gun or actions. The EE...

Not being disrespectful, just saying. Alot of the points you made earlier don't really make sense. In GREEN RUN we store money yeah.... but thats not the point of it by a long shot. If anything compares to what you mentioned then killing "him" is your point. The bank is a feature not a quest.

No one ca really prove you wrong on these grounds alone. your asking for someone to convince you to have fun in zombies? cant be done my friend. you love it or you hate it. sometimes both at the same time ha. zombies mode is a fickle mistress

You guys are misunderstanding I think. Zombies is 100% my favorite game, I do many out of game achievements like you mentioned. I wasn't trying to sound negative, but I'm not very good with words LOL.

I'm just saying, Die Rise is a great map and all. Just because it has no big challenge that doesn't not mean it's broken.

In response to something someone else said about me trying to get people to convince me to think Die Rise is fun: that's not what I'm doing. I am asking people what the challenge, the purpose, the thrill is in playing Die Rise ASIDE from easter eggs, and OBVIOUSLY killing zombies.

I honestly wasn't expecting such negative feedback, although I may have come off a bit negative. I was simply asking what the challenge is supposed to be in Die Rise, but whatever..

Hey now. There's always a point in zombies. Easter Eggs, Newer and better stategies, playing with your friends, finding clues for the story line, creating theories and proving/disproving them.

nach- get to a high round and have fun doing so.

verruct-look for clues, turn on power, buy perks, reunite with your team.

shino- find out what perks were what, find clues, hit the box and have fun using the new traps.

der reise- first ever "big easteregg", use pack-a-punch and new weapons/monkey bombs,strategize and find clues.

Kino- find clues/movie reels, Thunder gun strategy, Movie reals and explore!

Five- youre in the pentigon with the first ever elevator.. find clues, first buildable trap, a pig to sacrifice, the elusive theif and is arguably one of the most strategic maps to date.

Ascension- Another strategic map (don't open certain doors or ur screwed), Explore, look for clues (radios/Red phones), Easter egg with steps, Gersch, PHD and Stamin-Up, massive hordes and a free perk system thanks to the space monkeys.

COTD- biggest map at the time, lots of room to run around, two wunder weapons, Dead Shot, easter egg you can do solo and co-op; resulting in the wunder waffle and George A. Romero giving you free perks.

Shang rlla- was just all around a fun map and had the games first easter egg incentive when you get all perks using the focusing stone, you had monkeys that changed the power ups you didn't want, you had different types of zombies that really kept the game interesting.

Moon- biggest step up from normal zombies in general, look for clues, there were several things out of the box that were down right retarded (That's how good they were), had two easter eggs, hacker device, a giving points system that required the hacker device, teleporting nova crawlers, look for clues, no mans land, Mule kick for first time that was then added to all other maps and another huge incentive at the end; Giving you all 8 perks permanently.

TranZit, Greenrun- first time that we can build intricate items that we use, new melee weapon that works till round 14, a chance to pack-a-punch weapons a second or 3rd time, tombstone perk, lots of exploring, a bank to store money for future games, a way to give points to anybody, a fridge to store weapon of your choosing, easter egg and the choosing of 2 sides, find clues and "permaperks." AND STAY OUT OF THE LAVA!!

Nuketown- Small and chaotic map with randomly dropped perks making this map unpredictable and somewhat strategic, new multi player guns thrown into the box and a mystery of malrton/find clues.

Die Rise- New powerful, easy to use multi player weapons off the wall, the Slickiufier wunder weapon, is a Team Based Map which needs proper cordination to make it to high rounds and is another great strategic map (you don't have very many areas to run circles at :) ),elevator system, free perks so long as you're 100% accurate, new trample steam trap that changed the game really, Who's who perk that freakin rocks. so if you accidently fall and go down, you have the opportunity to either revive yourself or be revived and get all of your stuff back or if you fell outside of the map, you come back that very second so you don't have to wait a round. Find clues and short cuts all around the map for easy navigation, easter egg and again, the choosing of which side.

And all of these maps have 1 or more songs to play. which means you have to go searching for the tree triggers to activate the song. And don't go online to find the bears. That takes all of the fun out of it.

Sorry for the long intro to zombies. Boring right? I know I mixed up a map somewhere in the order lols. I think COTD came after Shang? yeah. anywho, long story short, We went from Kino to the Moon! Where do we go from TranZit? It'll be a fun ride regaurdless with lots of POINTS! haha!

On a side note: Nuketown could've been a Zombies map that we unlocked by playing the compaign... Not worth 20 bucks :P

The challenge is the fact we haven't played any levels where running from zombies involved precision jumping. It forces some people to change their play style.

This level is easy when you play it the same way every time.

The points of the other levels mentioned seem a bit confused.

In five the point was not always to build up to catch the thief considering he is ridiculously easy to kill, more of it being the first American themed level with multiple floors/elevators in the map. The point of any zombies map.....

......is to kill zombies/cooperate

The easter eggs, weapons, and anything else in the level is just to make it so your zombie killing experience is kept fresh and fun.

• Administrators

Like most have already said, the challenge is no longer being able to obtain a reward or say "I killed ______". The structure and layout of Great Leap Forward is vastly different from anything that we have ever encountered before. We're forced to understand vertical alignments, take risks for jumps, recognize key areas for survival, acknowledge the mixing & matching of perk machines, elevator transportation that could end your game within a few seconds, the list goes on. That sounds pretty challenging already, and to think that most people haven't even played Die Rise yet.

The map is a mix between good ol' Verruckt and Shangri-la with the combined teammwork effort of Five. Who's to say that it's not a challenge? You become well-equipped with heightened senses as you conquer your way through the difficult rounds. Sure, anyone can hit the high rounds on Solo, but this ideology pertains to every map realistically. You have to bust a nut if you plan on reaching past the 50's with two or more other people. This map screams teammwork.