Anyone Else Notice this on the Loading Screen?

OPLRazor

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Turtlenecks, or collared shirts? Considering that both of these characters - if we presume that the blank portrait is Maxis - are scientists, it will be a bit harder to determine any differences. But what makes sense to me is that they wear the same attire which could further the belief of Maxis being that missing person.

@InfestLithium Yes, they are probably collared shirts. I really wasn't serious about the turtleneck part, but I do agree with you fully, actually. If it were Gersch, it would be overly obvious if we had the goggles/glasses in there too, considering we hadn't seen any eyewear besides him and George Romero until BO2, but I do think that we are looking at a scientist. As per more of Gersch's getup, I think this zombie model looks a bit like what he's wearing:

(you may need to zoom the loading screen pic to see the shirt go over the pants clearer in the far right panel.)

And while we're on the subject of the Portraits, let's not leave out the ones at Five.

Aren't they there because the Americans knew who were in the portraits, being Richtofen and presumably Maxis, from the research they had found at Der Riese? I'm not too clear on Five's part of the storyline, with the wonder weapons being there and all, but if we know, doesn't it answer our question on who it is from the start?

From that point, we could also assume that the ripped out comic book shape is supposed to be something to do with Maxis, right?

Well, there's never a way to be completely sure.

Acension Loading Screen - The man on the left I think is Yuri working on the Rocket Program in which he was demoted to. He was working on the Gersch Device (I forget the project name) until he angered Gersch who then demoted him to the Rocket program.

The Man on the right is Gersch being sucked into his own device sending him into the Æther in which Yuri was the perpetrator. This represents how Yuri was bitter with Gersch. This makes sense of the loading screen.

Kino Portrait - Who knows exactly. It may be the 'Mexican Test Subject'. The Americans (Oppenhiemer & Bush) got the Data files from the Der Riese Data Servant, so that may explain why the same portraits are in 'FIVE'.

Die Rise & BO1 Nacht loading screens - this to me is the same Mystery Man. I think this would be Dr Maxis. We do not know what he looks like, but we know he exists, hence just a silhouette.