Anyone Else Notice this on the Loading Screen?

OPLRazor

Maxis has never been seen, by us or the Original Crew (as far as we know). So you will not find a picture of him.

What you seen in the Loading Screens are probably the best pictures you'll find,

that's if it is really Maxis?

YES! this is what fuels my paranoia! Maxis has no image as of yet, in Kino we see blackened pictures that almost TO ME look redacted.

Also I never noticed before that the man on the ledge seems a bit taller than what the scale should be. Perhaps a perspective illusion. Also I never noticed his composure. One hand on his chin or face and the other in his pocket as if putting away a pocket watch. We clearly see distorted twisted zombies around so we can distinguish this mystery man.

As for the shape of the partial mans head torn off the page, this to me strikes me as a metaphor. A man who is present but completely removed and tearing the "fabric" of time/space. (By this I mean the space on the page representing space and the pages themselves representing time.) I. E. Richtofen.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody see the other tear yet? The one where you see Nuketown? There is a separate photo that is in between the Nuketown and DIE RISE levels. Can't really make out what it is. But it could be an experiment.. kind of like the ones in der riese?

Turn it upside down and it's the postcard you get when Tranzit/Bus Depot loads up, which suggests (I say suggests rather than means, although I would lean more towards means) Tranzit is After Nuketown, but before Die Rise.

It sure is! Good eye.

Maxis has never been seen, by us or the Original Crew (as far as we know). So you will not find a picture of him.

What you seen in the Loading Screens are probably the best pictures you'll find,

that's if it is really Maxis?

Technically Richtofen was part of the old crew and he most certainly has seen Maxis. (Der Riese)

I don't know what to think personally but I would love to see a big collage of all the loading screens (old and new) together in one HD picture that we can zoom in on and analyse.

On the Natch der Untoten loading screen; it says, "ZZZZZZZZZ!" it that the teleporter or is something and/or someone asleep?

On the Verruckt loading screen; it says, "Feed Power" under the map.

On the Shi no Numa Loading screen; you see 6 photos (O4, one that seems to either be partially covered by swamp water or saliva and another photo that is completely covered be a leaf. Who's in those photos?

On Der Riese loading screen; you see a chart? It's hard to make out what it says.

On Ascension; you see a miniature jail sell that I don't know what means... Maybe it's a figurative jail sell? Like Gersch's mind and soul were trapped but his body is a zombie?

On the Shangri-La loading screen; you see the level being teleported and Gersch from Ascension is still there? He must have a huge importance not only in Ascension; but perhaps Shangri-La's disappearance?

On the Moon's loading screen; you see One of Shangri-La's Pyramid traveling through space with someone's shadow being casted on the Moon itself. Most say it’s Samantha, but do we really know for sure? Could be Gersch?

And this next one was left out in the Youtube video. Not really sure why? I mean you see Call of the Dead's loading screen/comic book pages is a little bigger than the rest. They stick out a little more when you see the Moon's and Shangri-La's loading screen pages. So it really shouldn't be left out at all.. what evs

Maybe every navcard we discover is a key to wake our old 4 characters out of thier cryogenic slumber party TranzitAmerica tank dempsy die rise takeo and so on

I hear a lot of theories about the locations relating to the O4 characters, and that Die Rise is supposed to somehow relate to Takeo. There's just one big problem with that... Takeo was Japanese. Why would China be related to a Japanese man?

Dude I was just saying what I thought I never said I'm rite about it that was just what I was thinking about the nav cards sorry if I don't know were takeo is from and where die rise actually is

Actully this does have some possible backing to it as if you are to look up province 22 where die rise takes place if you are to catagorize chinas provinces into their assigned number the area that this is located is called the jilin province which before WW II it was in 1932 consider a " puppet state " and was controlled by the Japanese now during World War II there was a war between china and Japan takeo may had been stationed there during the war or something which can also link back to shi no Numa as it could be located along the Chinese coastline its a possibility as we also have the metors in die rise could explain the one in shin no idk it could be possible

Remember the 5 portraits in kino? Wasnt there one that was an outline of a person? Could it be the same person? Also there are 3 silhouettes on the top right photo. The bottom two look like zombies but the top person looks more human like. I dont know who he is but these 3 linkages could be the same person

Maybe every navcard we discover is a key to wake our old 4 characters out of thier cryogenic slumber party TranzitAmerica tank dempsy die rise takeo and so on

I hear a lot of theories about the locations relating to the O4 characters, and that Die Rise is supposed to somehow relate to Takeo. There's just one big problem with that... Takeo was Japanese. Why would China be related to a Japanese man?

china japon der besicelly da same

Remember the 5 portraits in kino? Wasnt there one that was an outline of a person? Could it be the same person? Also there are 3 silhouettes on the top right photo. The bottom two look like zombies but the top person looks more human like. I dont know who he is but these 3 linkages could be the same person

I was thinking this and trying to back it up from image on the net but failed.

I though there was only the 4 Characters portraits on Kino. Would have to go back and check to be sure. Wasn't there a silhouette portrait in the "Board Room" on Five?

I think the next maps going to be under ground in like a sewer or something because that looks like a sewer cap to me

Edit: nice find that kind of looks like a richtofen outline maybe he's returning some way that'd be crazy or a new character is on his way but I don't think that outline is just a coincidence good find

It looks like a super8 reel to me :)

Guys this could be the SAME guy from the Portrait in Kino.

Open the first door (in black ops 1 kino) and go into the Mule kick room. There's a bunch of portraits in that Room and on the right side there is a mystery portrait that is All black. The left side of it looks identical to the paper cut out in the die rise loading screen....

Guys this could be the SAME guy from the Portrait in Kino.

Open the first door (in black ops 1 kino) and go into the Mule kick room. There's a bunch of portraits in that Room and on the right side there is a mystery portrait that is All black. The left side of it looks identical to the paper cut out in the die rise loading screen....

I may have a look at this tomorrow when I whack my PS on. The only reason is that if it is there, I wonder if the characters say anything when you press the action button on it. IIRC when you pressed the action button on one of the 4 "heroes" portraits they said something about them . . . .

(Just a preface, I only read the original post, not any of the replies)

I think the original poster is just making music out of noise. Finding a pattern out of nonsense. Apophenia as some call it. In fact, what I'd be more concerned about are the actual silhouettes in the image. Notice that there's two zombies but the third person is standing straight in a pose. Who is that man? We'll probably never know.

I'm pretty sure it says something when you click it but it's very vague and doesn't reveal anything about who it was supposed to be. I was under the inclination that it was Peter who I thought was originally part of the group before Richtofen became the 4th.

Had a look at this this morning and with Dempsy you get "It's a Picture of No-one", so you are quite right in that it's very vague

Great find mate, really interesting to see where Treyarch is going with this.

I think this is a pretty viable option, seeing as we have been to America but Die Rise takes place in Shanghai, China and Takeo is Japanese. Still, it's possible.

But honestly, I think this could be the mysterious blank portrait from Kino Der Toten- he seems to have a similar outline to the portrait there and it could very well be him. It would be interesting seeing as we never truly found out who he was- could it be the true leader of the zombies? Meh, who knows, just a thought though.

Also, could someone link a picture of the blank photo for me? I'm on my iPhone amd I have no clue how to do it. Thanks :)

Great find mate, really interesting to see where Treyarch is going with this.

I think this is a pretty viable option, seeing as we have been to America but Die Rise takes place in Shanghai, China and Takeo is Japanese. Still, it's possible.

But honestly, I think this could be the mysterious blank portrait from Kino Der Toten- he seems to have a similar outline to the portrait there and it could very well be him. It would be interesting seeing as we never truly found out who he was- could it be the true leader of the zombies? Meh, who knows, just a thought though.

Also, could someone link a picture of the blank photo for me? I'm on my iPhone amd I have no clue how to do it. Thanks :)