Keys To Improving Rank In Zombies

After months of not knowing exactly how the ranking system worked, i decided to take some notes and catagorize the 12 aspects of everyones individual stats. After being careless for so long, i was afraid i was stuck where i was. But then i chopped up and began to think :), and by using basic math i believe i have figured out how to rank up regardless of what your current stats may be. Now, with an extreme amount of dedication, commitment, patience, and time, i truly believe that if you strictly follow these, you will be able to obtain maximum rank. So here is my attempt to humor you.(UPDATE)As for some of the replys go, i never finished properly and posted anyways. Why u ask? Idk, i just did. Anyways,First of all i was high and it was funny. Secondly, i forgot to clarify some things. Im NOT encouraging ppl to leave matches. Custom/solo strategy only. Always always always keep you M1911 as your secondary. As for your primary get something along the lines of a five-seven or FAL. Something with decent damage per round. You are going to want a gun where you have complete control over every round fired. If not, you can pretty much use whatever, just my preferences. Then what u wanna do is go to a place where u are comfortable like diner or town, and train them together and keep them in a tight group, this is where ur 1911 is key. I typically keep them in a group until they are done spawning and then startchipping away.When they r packed tight like that, u get 5-7 hits per bullet easy. So line them up and blast away with the 1911. When ur out of ammo, use ur primary and pop heads slowly till u get a max ammo drop. Avoid the mini nukes also. U want as many as possible. U can get 1-5 headshots per bullet while ur waiting for ur max ammo drop. This also hikes up ur headshots obviously. This sky rockets your accuracy and keeps all negative aspects to a minimum. I jumped my accuracy rating .12 in less tham a day with this strategy, and by being in a solo game, you can leave the game to keep ur k/d up. Still workin on some other things that ill keep posting. I assume that some of the 12 aspects that define your rank carry more weight than others so ill experiment and update as neccessary.

1. Accuracy is key

2. Aim for the head

3. Dont proceed untill they are all dead, kill 'em all!

4. Dont be modest with equipment, grenades/claymores are extremely useful

5. Communication. Be a team player, revive revive revive

6. Conserve your ammo

7. Movement is important, dont even give them a chance. The world is your oyster, open it up

8. Use your perks wisely, if they can wait, wait

9. Stay on your feet, do what you can to not go down. If you are about to, leave the game

10.DONT DIE!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself can debunk the K/D ratio only to rank up. I tried for several weeks to receive a knife including games that got up to 4k kills with no downs and simply quitting before I go down. Finally gave up when nothing was happening and stopped caring since it seemed pointless (my K/D was over 150 ratio by then and still never ranked up past a skull).

Long story short another 2 weeks went by with horrible ratios (dropped down below 100 k/d) and it wasn't until one game in particular that I went down 10 times (EE and other related unfun events lol) that I got my knife finally. My ratio for that game was near a 20 k/d. Only thing I can contribute it to is my perks, bought 4 perks every down (I don't use tombstone) which brought my perks bought way up but besides that it was my first game that day and saw it before I went into the next one.

My friend is convinced though that it was the carpenter power up I picked up lol. He called it that game as a joke since he had been trying all those weeks with me to rank up but after giving up it was another treyarch punch line. Then bam I get it from that game! Pretty sure he'll never let me live that one down lol.

I really dislike that you're basically encouraging more people to leave in the middle of a match screwing everyone else over. As if it wasn't hard enough to have a good match with randoms as it is.

You still play with randoms? I no longer expect a decent game with randoms as the players have expanded into even non-FPS gamers tagging along. To be honest I've known plenty of shotguns and they all care about there ratios, its not rage quitting to them its keeping your ratio. If I see a shotgun on random I think to myself "Well atleast he won't be in my way and I won't have to worry about reviving him" because he'll quit before that ever would happen.

The rank system everyone agrees is screwed up but that doesn't matter to those who want top rank status. If the system is screwy then screw with the system to make it work, its basic protocol for dealing with the massively over saturated gaming market we have now and the crap quality everyone is getting from makers.

-KeredNomrah69

I myself can debunk the K/D ratio only to rank up. I tried for several weeks to receive a knife including games that got up to 4k kills with no downs and simply quitting before I go down. Finally gave up when nothing was happening and stopped caring since it seemed pointless (my K/D was over 150 ratio by then and still never ranked up past a skull).

Long story short another 2 weeks went by with horrible ratios (dropped down below 100 k/d) and it wasn't until one game in particular that I went down 10 times (EE and other related unfun events lol) that I got my knife finally. My ratio for that game was near a 20 k/d. Only thing I can contribute it to is my perks, bought 4 perks every down (I don't use tombstone) which brought my perks bought way up but besides that it was my first game that day and saw it before I went into the next one.

My friend is convinced though that it was the carpenter power up I picked up lol. He called it that game as a joke since he had been trying all those weeks with me to rank up but after giving up it was another treyarch punch line. Then bam I get it from that game! Pretty sure he'll never let me live that one down lol.

-KeredNomrah69

K/D is one of the factors not the ONLY one.

Regards.

I don't understand. Those are pretty fundamental steps most of us know already. However to rank up you simply need to kill lots and lots of zombies with a good Kills to down ratio. Props for the Effort.

Regards.

You contradicted yourself there lol. If there was an all out (over 100 member) effort to actually get all the stats down we could look at some of the differences in it mathematically. For instance if perks bought was needed then in a ratio scheme you could compare it as perksbought/downs for the fact of it shows whats happening between your downs and if your actually doing anything, possible perksbought/doors opened to show your actually the person contributing to the team.

Really it could be any number of combinations. I myself would think miles traveled would deal with it as far as training and such but I know a few that glitch sit and they said they received shotguns after a couple of days just sitting there and killing with a fresh account (not verified what so ever as I never actually saw this progression as I did with my own).

-KeredNomrah69

I don't understand. Those are pretty fundamental steps most of us know already. However to rank up you simply need to kill lots and lots of zombies with a good Kills to down ratio. Props for the Effort.

Regards.

You contradicted yourself there lol. If there was an all out (over 100 member) effort to actually get all the stats down we could look at some of the differences in it mathematically. For instance if perks bought was needed then in a ratio scheme you could compare it as perksbought/downs for the fact of it shows whats happening between your downs and if your actually doing anything, possible perksbought/doors opened to show your actually the person contributing to the team.

Really it could be any number of combinations. I myself would think miles traveled would deal with it as far as training and such but I know a few that glitch sit and they said they received shotguns after a couple of days just sitting there and killing with a fresh account (not verified what so ever as I never actually saw this progression as I did with my own).

-KeredNomrah69

I actually kind of did. What I meant was K/D is something you should be really worried about because once you acquire so many downs it is hard to recover from it, it's like digging our own grave. Other stats are pretty much easy to get and will come over time.

Done 3 plus 60s on die rise and got the knife after the last one. Me and a friend wanted qr each so went and took 17 downs a piece plus 17 revives each. Immediately lost the knife.

Rank is stupid, my friend Steve has 100+ on tranzit, 100+ on die rise plus 84 on farm and is on knives. Go figure how any ranking system can not take that into account over anything else.

Done 3 plus 60s on die rise and got the knife after the last one. Me and a friend wanted qr each so went and took 17 downs a piece plus 17 revives each. Immediately lost the knife.

Rank is stupid, my friend Steve has 100+ on tranzit, 100+ on die rise plus 84 on farm and is on knives. Go figure how any ranking system can not take that into account over anything else.

Did Steve play the Farm and Tranzit games on local?

Also, I went from knives to shotguns for getting 42 on Nuketown. Just 42... I know. I didn't lose it until my stats got reset. :lol:

I'm not one to quit from an ongoing game, I've also been upset plenty of times with people rage quitting. I just don't understand the public outcry of condemning those that do. Do none of you realize the importance of being able to quit a game? For those of you that enjoy random public matches I do concur with you that people quitting the game completely ruins everything and that its only getting worse as time goes on and people start figuring out the ranking system.

For everyone else, why would you go into random games looking to get a large k/d? Those are reserved mostly for high round games of strict friends you trust and have played with before. If I know the person I know there strategy, which means I know how they'll play and if they would quit or not under bad circumstances. I myself find a lot of games pointless after going down in high rounds. Without a crew to cover you or hold zombies your just setting yourself up for slaughter after slaughter as your first choice is either town for protection or guns everywhere else.

Outside of random public matches, why would you not quit? I did tranzit EE back to back for 2 weeks straight doing a different one every night. Why would anyone need to die for us to end the game? It literally says when you press start "End Game". The developers have talked about in the past of there being an end game of sorts. Although he may not have been speaking about this in particular it is still there.

It saves, you get the money, you get the kills, all stats or EE related events always stay. You even get leaderboard stats, I have plenty of friends with rounds 50+ and 0 downs. To be fair about it everyone decides when and the host ends the game (custom game) or everyone backs out (public match). If your holding onto nostalgia from previous maps of needing to die just to feel like you've accomplished something then please, continue dieing.

First of all i was high and it was funny. Secondly, i forgot to clarify some things. Im NOT encouraging ppl to leave matches. Custom/solo strategy. Always always always keep you M1911 as your secondary. As for your primary get something along the lines of a five-seven or FAL. Something with decent damage per round. If not, you can pretty much use whatever, just my preferences. Then what u wanna do is go to a place where u are comfortable like diner or town, and train them together and keep them in a tight group, this is where ur 1911 is key. When they r packed tight like that, u get 5-7 hits per bullet. So line them up and blast away. When ur out of ammo, use ur primary and pop heads slowly till u get a max ammo. Avoid the mini nukes also. U want as many as possible. U can get 1-5 headshots per bullet while ur waiting for ur max ammo drop. This also hikes up ur headshots obviously. This sky rockets your accuracy and keeps all negative aspects to a minimum. Still workin on some other things that ill keep posting. This was all for fun, relax guys. I cant believe some of the hostility. Everybody smoke some weed, chill out, n lets all b friends.

Oh yeah lets try to convince ppl to quit just before they go down. NOT!!! Thats the dumbest thing Ive heard on here to date. If ppl take this kind of advice I can see no one making it to a respectable leaderboard stat. The rank means nothing really. I have had the shotguns then went on vacation and when I got back home I had the skull with 2 tallies. So yea the ranking is pointless. I have played with ppl with crossbones and they turn out to be a better player than the guy with the knifes. Quit before you go down.....WTF?

Nice to see someone else who has/had the same issues ranking up as me.

I was at 180 Kill/Death and 82 Kill/Down with a 1.31 hit rate and the rank of Skull.

Die Rise came out and lot's of experimentation, babysitting and play with randoms resulted in a rather swift drop to 105 Kill/Death and 53 Kill/Down with a 1.19 hit rate. However despite kill/death and kill/down being the be all and end all of the ranking system I somehow ranked up to the skull with knife.

Before I was trying to improve my K/D ratios, now I'm playing zombies for the fun of it. If I'm having a terrible game but my team are in a good position then I'll stick with it so that the hours they've just spent trying to reach a new personal high round aren't wasted because a "random" quit on 19/23/26 or whatever other round. Fair enough if your team of randoms don't have mics and aren't trying to work together then quit away, but if you find yourself with a team of two or three who have mics then please have the decency to try and work out a plan. Some of my most enjoyable games have been with randoms who can barely kill a zombie on round ten without spraying the whole corridor with bullets. There is nothing more satisfying than seeing a player who doesn't know basic locations on a map(power switch, mystery box, perks) communicating and functioning as part of a team.