CG_Spawn: no free fake entities

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...
On 4-2-2013 at 8:42 PM, Ryan Nowell said:

Has anybody else had this error message pop up on them?

What does it mean?

It means that your computer ran out of memory. 
There isn't much you can do, except for playing on a decent PC. 

Also, less teleporting, using less electrical traps and less wonder weapons could help out a bit, but it surely isn't guaranteed. 

Guest notrealsure

Memory has nothing to do with it. Idk what it is, but my memory,cache,the whole deal is fine and far from full. It just happened to me after starting round 29! no real answer here(in mmy comment) but jst wanted u to kno that the problem isnt memory related. :) 

I think the coding in the game itself allocates a certain amount of memory to certain tasks of running a game. 

It saves some for the map, some for the character models, some for the light effects...
If one of these runs out of memory it was promised to that specific task , the game crashes. 
Being on PC can't even save you, it coding of some sorts. That's what I was told. 

It happens most on Zetsubou, less but still frequently on Shadows and rarely on the Giant. 
It may even be linked to the map size.
Or to the fact that your PC game is also to be played on consoles, so they made compromises.

I'm not good with computers though, but there is something that causes it to happen instead of a permanent broken thing.
Say, the game would crash every time you buy a perk or something, then it would be 'easy' to fix... 

This is pretty mysterious and has been a problem since World at War and the old Black Ops games.

I dont know what it is but it could be a generalised error code meaning its not always the same problem generating the error code

I not tech savy or know anything about the toolset but i do believe that the devs work hard to constantly improve and maintain the toolset

Its really not as simple as saying lets dump the engine and get a new one

There not going to move to a different engine when they have the gtkradiant based toolset already developed and working successfully

Even if they did it wouldnt be a error free zone and you would still need to customise the toolset

It takes a long time to develop toolsets and its a difficult job to develop a tool set in parallel with the software you develop it with

Guest duffman9465

I do want to mention that this is happening on ps4 as well. Happened to me 4 times last night. Twice on zetsubou no shima and twice on der eisendrache