Maxis Diary Entry 10, Study #0804

LiamFTWinter

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. The entry itself obviously isn't referring to current events in Black Ops 2 Zombies, but it could be giving us a hint that our current crew may have been transported through time AND space. Though they were transported by Richtofen and not an actual teleporter... I dunno, maybe some better theorists and people that know the story better would know more than I. :P

Great catch Liam and thanks for posting this!

The entry appears to be from back when Maxis and Richtofen had still been working together in Group 935. It says Richtofen's irrationality is increasing, and Richtofen seems to understand the concept of traveling through time, which suggests this entry is dated after Richtofen first touched the MPD on Moon. It seems this entry was made after one of Maxis' and Richtofen failed tests on the MTD at Der Riese and the subject failed to reappear at the mainframe.

But why would this be added now? Interesting.

Great catch Liam and thanks for posting this!

The entry appears to be from back when Maxis and Richtofen had still been working together in Group 935. It says Richtofen's irrationality is increasing, and Richtofen seems to understand the concept of traveling through time, which suggests this entry is dated after Richtofen first touched the MPD on Moon. It seems this entry was made after one of Maxis' and Richtofen failed tests on the MTD at Der Riese and the subject failed to reappear at the mainframe.

But why would this be added now? Interesting.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at, I guess. We have things that point to Die Rise taking place in modern times or the near future, while many people had thought TranZit took place anywhere from the 60's to the 80's. While this is obviously an entry from back when Richtofen and Maxis were working together, it could be that Treyarch added this to drop a hint that our current group traveled into the future when they were moved to China.

But of course I'm only speculating.

Edit; I'm not an expert on the Zombies storyline by any means... but do we know anything about these "Test subjects" that disappeared? Could they be something we may encounter in the next map? Possibly related to the weird sounds we hear at the end of Die Rise? Or a possible explanation for the Jumping Jacks?

I think these "Test Subjects" are talking about the O3 (tank, nikolai, Takeo) and how they teleported through time, which may hint that these characters are being transported through time by Ricthtofen

I do think Tranzit was not set in the 60's but showing a "Retro" area kind of like a theme park where people visited (from 2025 or the future) the past..

I just don't think we would have a robot bus driver in the 60's...

This is interesting, because it seems to imply that Edward and Maxis appear to be secretly working together. That sounds ridiculous but what if all this was their master plan to turn the Earth into their testing ground... I'm not confident in this though.

Aren't you forgetting Maxis discreetly knew about Richtofen's theories? He knew what Edward wanted to do, just not what was actually accomplished. I think a radio in CoTD describes Rich and Schuster presenting the idea to Maxis and he started laughing at them. Maybe this was wrote at the same time? He does describe him as "Mad"

And if your theory was true, It would both contradict what we've learnt previously and upset the community (I think) Why would Rich kill Maxis and Sam to pursue some MAD scheme lasting decades? One executor being dead and another in a different dimension.. 935: Improving Human Condition.

Here I'm gonna break the message down and give my opinions.

"Through Our Matter Transference Tests At The New Site Have Been Largely Unsuccessful,"

To me this perhaps could have been written as they were moving Group 935 into Der Riese or maybe a facility we are still yet to discover. And they are beginning the tests on the MTD as the first tests were unsuccessful.

"The Teleporter's Malfunction Has Nonetheless Yielded Some Interesting Data."

So the MTD's are malfunctioning and but yet they are finding good information as in(using the wrong amount of 115,ect) Hmm I'll come back to this.

"The fact the test subjects departed their point of origin is undeniable. What is uncertain is whats become of them."

Apparently the test subjects were not returned to the main frame after teleportation,and as we know Richtofen was the first human test subject in the teleporters(but it was a secrete test) perhaps this could be talking about Maxis's attempts of teleportation, and trying to get it to work for him since he knows it works for Richtofen. He says "what is uncertain is whats become of them" which like I said the subjects didn't return after teleportation. And we don't know still...perhaps could they be in the Aether or just killed by teleportation like we thought Maxis's was prior to moon?

"Doctor Richtofen is insistent in his belief that they have been transported not through space, but through time."

As we know how the 04 got from Der Riese to Kino Der Toten was through malfunction of the MTD with the Wunder Waffe in which they teleported through time. And Ricthofen could have found out about time travel prior to him taking the 04 to Kino. And he could have been helping Maxis as he was perhaps not fully on the page of over throwing him yet.

"I fear that the good Doctor's increasing irrationality may soon prove a liability to our endeavors."

This makes me think this was written after Richtofen had the first successful teleportation and found the MPD, as if you remember Richtofen returned more insane than he was prior. And Maxis could be noticing how he has begun to go crazy.

These Maxis entries are written dialogue from the radios in WaW Zombies like in: Der Riese. It is shown in the BO2 Zombies menus because Treyarch's Team Zombies wanted everybody to have an easy way to learn the backstory behind CoD Zombies.

It is only a recap - nothing more; at least only so far...

It currently pertains to the early story of CoD Zombies and as far as I can tell has not currently been placed in the menus for you to solve some EE. :roll:

And to the above, BO2 Zombies occurs in the 80's according to Treyarch - at least Green Run does. Nuketown Zombies takes place in 60's according to Treyarch. It happens at the same time as moon. The bus noises are in Nuketown as a cameo at best. As for Die Rise's time - could still be 80's but with Richtofen's aether powers, it's debatable...

Cheers - ;)

this maybe hinting how the zombies came here through space AND time

also to the matter of the arguement richtofen was shunned lets say that and he continued in secret but after all this testing he wanted to show this off hince why kino is like that i beleive that he tells him ONCE it is semi-working im guessing after he tele's him to shangri-la and moon that he told him after that is why kino is like that it was to show it off

The information they give shows that time is their focus and there is increasing tension between maxis and richtophen. I am skeptical to say that treyarch will end it with this game considering they chose an endless open topic such as time. There is a few things that could be said but I think there is too much going on plot wise so there's more to come unless they decide to wrap it up with some crazy twist....

The journal entry basically describes the differences of opinion on where test subjects were being sent during the first MTD tests at Der Riese. The failed tests are described in the original Der Riese radios. Richtofen believes that they are traveling through time, while Maxis believes they are simply being teleported through space.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at, I guess. We have things that point to Die Rise taking place in modern times or the near future, while many people had thought TranZit took place anywhere from the 60's to the 80's. While this is obviously an entry from back when Richtofen and Maxis were working together, it could be that Treyarch added this to drop a hint that our current group traveled into the future when they were moved to China.

But of course I'm only speculating.

Edit; I'm not an expert on the Zombies storyline by any means... but do we know anything about these "Test subjects" that disappeared? Could they be something we may encounter in the next map? Possibly related to the weird sounds we hear at the end of Die Rise? Or a possible explanation for the Jumping Jacks?

Maybe so, perhaps Treyarch was trying to hint at what could be occuring in BO2. That same concept from BO is being used here. Just doesn't seem like anything suprising.

It's unclear what happened to the test subjects, but it's my assumption that they were sent to Aether either intentionally or accidently. The reason I say this is because I believe that's where Fluffy and the Hellhounds (test subjects as well) are from. Note the eletrical energy given off before the Hellhounds arrive is the same as the energy within the MTD, which passes through Aether by design.

But back to the test subjects. There are no full details of who or what was used as test subjects. Of course zombies are given, and Fluffy was used as a test subject, so could they have used a Nova crawler as a test subject as well? Tac has a thread that revealed that Nova testing occured at Der Riese, so a crawler test subject would be possible. You'll notice the Jumping Jacks spawn just like Hellhounds, and without Nova Gas, further suggesting a Nova Crawler could have been used as a test subject just like Fluffy was, and resulted in Jumping Jacks that appear like Hellhounds.

Never really thought about it, but yeah it could explain it.

I think these "Test Subjects" are talking about the O3 (tank, nikolai, Takeo) and how they teleported through time, which may hint that these characters are being transported through time by Ricthtofen

I do think Tranzit was not set in the 60's but showing a "Retro" area kind of like a theme park where people visited (from 2025 or the future) the past..

I just don't think we would have a robot bus driver in the 60's...

Richtofen did not begin his journey with the original four until after he betrayed Maxis and Samantha. Immediately after that betrayal, Samantha ended up at Griffin Station and into Aether, and that's when and why Richtofen takes the original gang through time during W@W and BO maps. He needed his "uncoventional allies" to help get Samantha out of the pyramid.

The journal entry dates back to a time when Maxis and Richtofen were still working together, so the test subjects almost have to be the initial test subjects from Der Riese.

As for the robot, it's been discussed. The production date is subjective and unclear, and should not be used as confirmation of a specific timeframe IMO.

But wait, I thought richtofen was perfecting time-travel/teleportation behind Maxis' back? Ludwig was working on mass wunderwaff production and cell re-animation? I might have forgotten a detail or two so fill me in if i'm wrong. I kinda thought Kino with that 1st paragraph.

This is interesting, because it seems to imply that Edward and Maxis appear to be secretly working together. That sounds ridiculous but what if all this was their master plan to turn the Earth into their testing ground... I'm not confident in this though.

Richtofen and Maxis had worked together on testing the MTD at Der Riese for the last few weeks leading up to Richtofen's betrayal. He had already known how to sucessfully teleport, so I believe Richtofen was just waiting for his chance to strike.

"Through Our Matter Transference Tests At The New Site Have Been Largely Unsuccessful,"

To me this perhaps could have been written as they were moving Group 935 into Der Riese or maybe a facility we are still yet to discover. And they are beginning the tests on the MTD as the first tests were unsuccessful.

That is one thing I'd like to point out is the "new site". If this journal entry is dated from when Maxis and Richtofen were working together on the MTD (which I don't see how it could be from any other time), then it would put a date of this entry of 1945 or later, long after Der Riese has been established.

The only other location would be Kino, but Richtofen never worked at Kino Der Toten as far as I'm aware.

These Maxis entries are written dialogue from the radios in WaW Zombies like in: Der Riese. It is shown in the BO2 Zombies menus because Treyarch's Team Zombies wanted everybody to have an easy way to learn the backstory behind CoD Zombies.

It is only a recap - nothing more; at least only so far...

It currently pertains to the early story of CoD Zombies and as far as I can tell has not currently been placed in the menus for you to solve some EE. :roll:

And to the above, BO2 Zombies occurs in the 80's according to Treyarch - at least Green Run does. Nuketown Zombies takes place in 60's according to Treyarch. It happens at the same time as moon. The bus noises are in Nuketown as a cameo at best. As for Die Rise's time - could still be 80's but with Richtofen's aether powers, it's debatable...

Cheers - ;)

Note: Treyarch has not confirmed the date of any Black Ops 2 map, and I seriously doubt they ever will.

I should have been more specific and said "indirectly according to Treyarch". We know based on in-game appearance and radio msgs that Moon starts off in Groom Lake at Hanger 18's celebration - in the mid to late 60s. Nuketown Zombies, based off in-game radios and the map placement itself is during moon as we can hear Moon's EE occuring during gameplay of the map and on CoD.com we can see that Treyarch wrote that it takes place during Moon - this also would be in the mid to late 60s.

Now, I like the theory floating around that Marlton was a teenager during Nuketown Zombies and was kept in the bunker because he is a seriously smart CIA or CDC asset. - The bus sounds are a cameo for sure but are there to emphasize that Marlton is on the map. --- ONWARD!

Green Run - name of our second crew's first map - is located in Hanford (Hanford Green Run Project ;) ) and with all the map's aesthetics and appearances of the 2nd crew's clothing/styles...they are in the 80s. I mean seriously, 'Earth Angel' is a popular 80s song and is used as the loading song of Green Run and this timing would correlate with Maxis waiting decades (20 years approx) to find someone to aid his plans.

Finally, the Great Leap Forward is a toss up on the map's timeline - especially with Richtofen pushing reset on our 2nd crew over and over until we complete the EE - though that intro more or less is just Treyarch trying to blur the lines of reality between us and the Zombies Storyline.

I'm wondering where the "new site" is. I think it is most likely the site where the matter transference experiments in the Moon Radios took place, which isn't on Moon. (Pretty sure the location is never revealed, or I just missed something). I'm thinking it could be Der Reise or one of the other WaW locations. Then again, it could be somewhere we haven't visited yet. :?

I know the first Diary entry didn't help at all. New sites, if we were to visit one that would mean we would have to go back in time before Moon to see it in full function.

Wait, remember the Die Rise Radio? The CDC HQ in Georgia? I know it'd be odd for a 935 site in america, but Nacht is in Hanford somehow.. Just might need to Fact-Check when the CDC began..

*5 minutes of research later*

Interesting, First ever CDC building was in Atlanta, GEORGIA in 1946

935 was under the Reich's funding so maybe the new site in Georgia was a hide-out sort of bunker for a last resort after the Axis lost the war??

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/about/history/ourstory.htm

I'm wondering where the "new site" is. I think it is most likely the site where the matter transference experiments in the Moon Radios took place, which isn't on Moon. (Pretty sure the location is never revealed, or I just missed something). I'm thinking it could be Der Reise or one of the other WaW locations. Then again, it could be somewhere we haven't visited yet. :?

Your memory serves you well. The Moon radio describes Richtofen and Maxis' first attempts at making a working MTD prototype, but it never mentions the location they are at. The assumption would be Der Riese, but that's nothing more than an assumption. The entry may have been made after Richtofen first touched the MPD but before Group 935 moved to Der Riese.

This seems like a definite possibility.

You have to keep in mind that Maxis took Samantha with him everywhere. Thus he is less likely to move. Richtofen went all over the place: Der Riese, Eagle's Nest, Griffin Station, Kino der Toten, Shi No Numa. Maxis however stayed mostly at Der Riese (so we think at least), only ever leaving to go to Kino der Toten occasionally. Therefore, it is unlikely (not impossible though) that it was NOT at Der Riese, because he had a daughter to think about when it came to travel. Also keep in mind Der Riese was like the headquarters, so the leader of 935 would probably primarily spend his time there. That's just what I think.

I'm hoping we're getting more of this diary, as it helps us get some insight on what was going on with the tests we've heard so much about in the Der Riese radios. To me, the Maxis Diary is simply an outlet to expose the main focus points of the story to those who aren't very well-acquainted with it; sort of like a "previously on CoD: Zombies..." type thing.

My guess would be that this diary is set after Test #5 in the Der Riese radios- it was the first time an MDT experiment was conducted and the subject didn't reappear at the mainframe or was destroyed, and it was obviously around the time Maxis' suspicions of Richtofen increased.

I'm hoping we'll be getting more of these diary entries soon, and perhaps one elaborating what the "tunnel" he was teleported to was.