Maxis Diary Entry 10, Study #0804

LiamFTWinter

I'm hoping we're getting more of this diary, as it helps us get some insight on what was going on with the tests we've heard so much about in the Der Riese radios. To me, the Maxis Diary is simply an outlet to expose the main focus points of the story to those who aren't very well-acquainted with it; sort of like a "previously on CoD: Zombies..." type thing.

My guess would be that this diary is set after Test #5 in the Der Riese radios- it was the first time an MDT experiment was conducted and the subject didn't reappear at the mainframe or was destroyed, and it was obviously around the time Maxis' suspicions of Richtofen increased.

I'm hoping we'll be getting more of these diary entries soon, and perhaps one elaborating what the "tunnel" he was teleported to was.

You are correct for the most part. You seem to be well versed in the zombies storyline, why do I not recognize your name? Anywho, Maxis indicating they successfully teleported test subjects would mean this was sometime after Test Subject #5, which was Fluffy. In the next test, Richtofen would betray Maxis and Samantha.

*Dog barking*

Dr. Maxis: Edward tie the damn thing down. We can't have it running around during the test.

*Dog whimpers*

Dr. Richtofen: It's tied down now, Docto Maxis.

Dr. Maxis: Initiating test number 5. Subject is within the test chamber. Activate power.

*Teleporter is activated*

Dr. Richtofen: Searching for vitals. No reading Doctor. And, the subject... has disappeared. Doctor Maxis, we've done it!

Dr. Maxis: Don't be foolish! Test number 5 is unsuccessful. Subject has vanished, yes, but has not reappeared at the mainframe. RECALIBRATE THE DAMN SYSTEM NO-!

Dr. Maxis: Initiating test number six. Subject is within test chamber. Activate power.

*Teleporter is activated*

Dr. Maxis: Damn it Edward! Did you set up the device correctly?

Dr. Richtofen: Yes Doctor. As per your specifications.

Dr. Maxis: If you had done it to my specifications then it would have worked, wouldn't it? As usual your incompetence has... What?

*Hellhound noise*

Dr. Richtofen: Do you hear that, Doctor?

Dr. Maxis: Quiet, you fool! Test number six is a failure, but the experiment has caused some kind of electrical force to energize within the chamber. Well, open the door.

Dr. Richtofen: Doctor, I don't think-

Dr. Maxis: Open the door NOW!

*Door opens and dog growls*

Samantha Maxis: Daddy, what are you doing with Fluffy?

Dr. Maxis: Damn it, Samantha. I told you never to come in here. Edward, get her out of here.

Dr. Richtofen: Yes Doctor.

*Samantha screams*

Samantha Maxis: What's wrong with her? Daddy, what did you do? Fluffy!

Dr. Maxis: Come back here! Samantha. Stop her! Easy. Come here Samantha. Good girl. Gently Samantha. That's not Fluffy anymore. We must get out of here.

*Door closes*

Dr. Maxis: What? Edward what are you doing? Open the door. Edward. Open this door now!

Samantha Maxis: Dad. I'm scared.

Dr. Maxis: Damn you... Stay by me, Samantha.

Dr. Richtofen: Goodbye, Doctor Maxis.

*Teleporter is activated and Edward laughs*

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 00&t=11929

So technically, there was only one test subject that was teleported successfully: Fluffy. Yet the entry indicates there were multiple test subjects. An oversight on Treyarch's part? Perhaps.

In my opinion this journal entry MUST have been entered sometime after Test Subject #5 at Der Riese, but before being betrayed by Richtofen during the test on Test Subject #6.

I surely do hope they continue to add these tidbits of background information as the game progresses as well. Loving it. :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My exact perspective- it was set between Test #5-6. Perhaps just an oversight, but I don't believe there was mentioning of Test #4, so that could be key. However, Richtofen and Maxis seems surprised (or at least Maxis, as we know Richtofen has already mastered teleportation and was merely conveying the charade), so it's indicated Test #5 was the first successful test. Oh well, maybe just an oversight.

I've been an observer of the story for many years, and only recently joined in on the forums to put in my input, and get some "output", if you will, from others.

My only question is: Is this somewhat hinting toward more zombies in future games? Why would they start so far back? The first message is recent and basically explains (vaguely) about the ranking system and easy difficulty. Why would they go back to a time that we already know about? The only reason is that we will slowly receive updates/hotfixes, and they will fill in the holes this way. I can't imagine there being enough hotfixes in this game to explain at least WaW maps, let alone the rest. That is why I say this.

It's not just filling in some holes, but giving brief explanations to events in our current story that may confuse some players. The reason why this diary was created was to explain how teleportation works, as it plays a large role in our transition from Green Run to Great Leap Forward. Again, it wasn't designed for people who were well-acquainted with the story- it was created for people who had little to no understanding of the story and had just recently joined in on Zombies.

Your a great contributor of the storyline Brett. I hope you know where to find all the ingame resources here on CoDz. If not, Just ask someone & they shall guide you.

Your right about Test Subject #4. The Der Riese Radios never mentions Test Subject #4.

Test Subject # 3 was reduced to the same state as previous subjects. Then it moves in to Test Subject #5 who vanishes & does not appear at the mainframe. What was Test #4?

In Maxis' diary entry it states, Subjects. He may be referring to #4 & #5?

Maxis goes on to say Richtofen is insistent that they travel through time. Hinting that Richtofen has already touched the Pyramid & travelled to Eagles Nest & Shangri-la. (which we thought had happened anyway) This occured while Maxis was at Kino.

These diary entries may just be a refresher course of new info rather than repeating the actual radios. I do hope we get some more.

(I did like the "Previously on COD Zombies" comment)

Your a great contributor of the storyline Brett. I hope you know where to find all the ingame resources here on CoDz. If not, Just ask someone & they shall guide you.

Your right about Test Subject #4. The Der Riese Radios never mentions Test Subject #4.

Test Subject # 3 was reduced to the same state as previous subjects. Then it moves in to Test Subject #5 who vanishes & does not appear at the mainframe. What was Test #4?

In Maxis' diary entry it states, Subjects. He may be referring to #4 & #5?

Maxis goes on to say Richtofen is insistent that they travel through time. Hinting that Richtofen has already touched the Pyramid & travelled to Eagles Nest & Shangri-la. (which we thought had happened anyway) This occured while Maxis was at Kino.

These diary entries may just be a refresher course of new info rather than repeating the actual radios. I do hope we get some more.

(I did like the "Previously on COD Zombies" comment)

Thank you for the welcome, Pinnaz. I've loved this community for nearly 3 years and thought it's time to get involved and put my ideas out there, and hopefully grab some ideas of others to expand my knowledge. Test #4 is likely key to this diary- I love that Treyarch managed to get one question in there for those who knew about the story- very Treyarch-y of them! ;)

(Perhaps "Previously on COD Zombies will catch on for naming these diary updates? :lol: )

I should have been more specific and said "indirectly according to Treyarch". We know based on in-game appearance and radio msgs that Moon starts off in Groom Lake at Hanger 18's celebration - in the mid to late 60s. Nuketown Zombies, based off in-game radios and the map placement itself is during moon as we can hear Moon's EE occuring during gameplay of the map and on CoD.com we can see that Treyarch wrote that it takes place during Moon - this also would be in the mid to late 60s.

Now, I like the theory floating around that Marlton was a teenager during Nuketown Zombies and was kept in the bunker because he is a seriously smart CIA or CDC asset. - The bus sounds are a cameo for sure but are there to emphasize that Marlton is on the map. --- ONWARD!

Green Run - name of our second crew's first map - is located in Hanford (Hanford Green Run Project ;) ) and with all the map's aesthetics and appearances of the 2nd crew's clothing/styles...they are in the 80s. I mean seriously, 'Earth Angel' is a popular 80s song and is used as the loading song of Green Run and this timing would correlate with Maxis waiting decades (20 years approx) to find someone to aid his plans.

Finally, the Great Leap Forward is a toss up on the map's timeline - especially with Richtofen pushing reset on our 2nd crew over and over until we complete the EE - though that intro more or less is just Treyarch trying to blur the lines of reality between us and the Zombies Storyline.

The world ended on nuketown/moon, if they took place during the 60's, the song would have never been made, and thus, like I was saying, and I was right, green run, moon and nuketown DO take place after 1980's, possibly our modern times, or 2025.

As for the journals, I thought they were current journals maxis wrote from the aether, and I flipped my shit at the thought of maxis actually working WITH richtofen as a sort of a master plan and green run group being "test subjects". Can anyone link me to the radio audio in question?

I am wondering how I am the only one seeing the connection here! This journal entry tells us a few things but the FIRST thing that jumped out at me, was the fact that Maxis is NOTING RICHTOFEN'S CHANGES! Clearly this is after the NPD as Richtofen is going on and on about Time Travel. Maxis would not care for this nonsense because he was hired to work on matter transport and weaponry not theoretical quantum physics.

Point is... Maxis only told us about his "Plan B" towards the end of BO and wasn't really elaborated on. We are learning the how and the why!

More is obviously to come regarding journal entries and I believe that from Maxis perspective we will be RE told the storyline only be filled in on Maxis actions whilst away from Richtofen. After all we only know Richtofen's perspective so far.

Through these entries we will most likely see Maxis' SECRET agenda unfold. One that could be far more complex than we realize if Maxis is realizing the threat this early on. He is skeptical of "the good doctor" but is watching his every move. The seeds of doubt have been planted!

I am wondering how I am the only one seeing the connection here! This journal entry tells us a few things but the FIRST thing that jumped out at me, was the fact that Maxis is NOTING RICHTOFEN'S CHANGES! Clearly this is after the NPD as Richtofen is going on and on about Time Travel. Maxis would not care for this nonsense because he was hired to work on matter transport and weaponry not theoretical quantum physics.

Point is... Maxis only told us about his "Plan B" towards the end of BO and wasn't really elaborated on. We are learning the how and the why!

More is obviously to come regarding journal entries and I believe that from Maxis perspective we will be RE told the storyline only be filled in on Maxis actions whilst away from Richtofen. After all we only know Richtofen's perspective so far.

Through these entries we will most likely see Maxis' SECRET agenda unfold. One that could be far more complex than we realize if Maxis is realizing the threat this early on. He is skeptical of "the good doctor" but is watching his every move. The seeds of doubt have been planted!

We already knew Maxis was suspicious of Richtofen.

Btw guys, Maxis uses the phrase "good doctor". This means this must have been shortly after the MPD incident, before things got too strained between them.