Is the slide glitch related to an-94?

After listening to constant complaints online and asking some questions. It almost seems like everyone going down has the an-94 in hand when it glitches.

Now, if you notice, the an-94 is on the wall below this area. Maybe the gun wall icon glitches your speed so that it throws you so hard into the wall that you die, get stuck, bounce up in the air.

If you have who's who, you can't even revive yourself because you are glitched on the slide.

This and the 'zombies just die for no reason' glitch are breaking DR. I guess nobody would ever die in bo2 if not for the glitches... :lol:

So, later in the day, when you die to this glitch, pay attention to what you had and provide feedback so maybe it can get fixed sooner than later (or never, knowing Treyargh).

----

In solo, you are kind of stuck using the glitched slide sometimes, but in mp zombies, use this workaround: get knuckles before too many perks, so you won't lose much to this ubiquitous glitch, then never go down there again (also, travel with a buddy for when the inevitable rip off occurs).

If you like the an-94 and like to run back for ammo (and pap'd ammo): get trample steams (flingers) place one so that it flings you to the dragon building (leave it there, usually it flings a few zombies but remains unharmed). When you need ammo, take a flinger to the ledge (on power level and one below) across from the red Buddha room, fling over there, run to an, buy ammo, come back avoiding troublesome glitch (pick up flinger).

Good luck not getting pooped on by Treyfail programming! I love their glitchy zombies...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since it happened to me, I've aimed for the center of the last slide and it hasn't happened again. Knock on wood

I started doing the same thing... and it still downed me.

OP, what do you mean about zombies randomly dying? I've never had the last zombie die and end the round in Die Rise unless I damaged it. I know it was a big problem in TranZit after the Die Rise update (might still be, haven't played it in a while to see if it was fixed) but I'm 99% sure that was because the fire damage was changed to count as player damage for some reason, keeping them from respawning. As long as they didn't touch fire they would keep respawning all day.

Unless you're talking about something else, just make sure you don't put even one bullet into the last zombie and it will just keep respawning. But if you hit it at all it will just die and not respawn at all. Even if it gets hit by one M1911 bullet that passed through another zombie first on round 30.

I really, really hate that things work this way in BO2, but that's how it is. I much preferred how it worked in Moon, which was the complete opposite; as long as you did even the slightest amount of damage to a zombie, it would stay alive and follow you all the way across the map without dying or respawning. And crawlers wouldn't die off when you got 5 feet away from them.

It's not just this one, but the slide to the upside down room aswel. A friend of mine and me just got screwed over by it. He went THROUGH the slide falling down in the abyss and I randomly died on the edge after "succesfuly" sliding on a brick wall.

The slides are just glitched out. It doesn't matter where you exactly jump on it or what you're wearing. Not the perks either. It indicates that you're taking damage and it's just randomly killing you because it's broken.

It's not just this one, but the slide to the upside down room aswel. A friend of mine and me just got screwed over by it. He went THROUGH the slide falling down in the abyss and I randomly died on the edge after "succesfuly" sliding on a brick wall.

The slides are just glitched out. It doesn't matter where you exactly jump on it or what you're wearing. Not the perks either. It indicates that you're taking damage and it's just randomly killing you because it's broken.

Yeah. I've landed completely on the floor at the end of that slide (in front of the box) and still gone down. Annoying as hell.

Be careful when you talk about glitches. If you guys are talking about bugs in game its ok. But Please don't talk about steps to perform GLITCHES that helps people exploit game in order to get to high rounds. It is against CoC.

If you just read what he wrote it would give answer to your comment...

Anyways I don't think its a glitch. Richtofen laughs when it happens. It has only ever happened to me when I had Who's Who and I believe I also had an AN. It is a risk involved in going that route.

Ever since it happened to me, I've aimed for the center of the last slide and it hasn't happened again. Knock on wood

That is exactly what i do, but it got me twice since using that method. I never had a Richtofen laugh, just a 'bug'.

At Megaton: if i go down by power all of my zombies usually die, completely untouched by me. Almost every game.

Sometimes they respawn once or twice before it happens, but they all die. Sometimes it is riding the elevator up to the dragon roof. They just all die. The next round starts.

I'm on xbl with all updates...

If I jump down from the trample steam room, they all jump up the side of the building and the round usually ends.

I have not yet died to the first slide, but it has red-ringed me. The one above the an-94 is the one that really sucks.

This is not related to AN-94 as I rarely purchase that gun anymore. I go for the PDW. I used to die over and over it seemed like at first. As for the post above me, it is definitely a glitch and Rictofen laughs when breaching areas you shouldn't have made it to. I know he laughs when other things go out of the map, like monkeys and gershes, but to say that this is simply a chance you take is a little off.

I could see if someone encountered a zombie in there, got hit, and when they dropped the fall damage+zombie slap=death. I could even see if maybe someone wasn't careful and went too fast, thus taking a lot of fall damage. What is happening here is none of that however, as I am a very cautious person on this map and rarely die due to being careless. This is an all-out glitch, which causes you to get stuck on the ramp, and makes the game think you are trying to cheat. It seems like it would be an easy fix, just round the edges a little more, but who knows..

As for aiming toward the middle, I too have had success/failures at doing this. I have started drawing an imaginary line in the middle and stepping just to the right and I haven't gone down due to the glitch in a while. Hopefully this helped, if not oh well..

This is not related to AN-94 as I rarely purchase that gun anymore. I go for the PDW. I used to die over and over it seemed like at first. As for the post above me, it is definitely a glitch and Rictofen laughs when breaching areas you shouldn't have made it to. I know he laughs when other things go out of the map, like monkeys and gershes, but to say that this is simply a chance you take is a little off.

I could see if someone encountered a zombie in there, got hit, and when they dropped the fall damage+zombie slap=death. I could even see if maybe someone wasn't careful and went too fast, thus taking a lot of fall damage. What is happening here is none of that however, as I am a very cautious person on this map and rarely die due to being careless. This is an all-out glitch, which causes you to get stuck on the ramp, and makes the game think you are trying to cheat. It seems like it would be an easy fix, just round the edges a little more, but who knows..

As for aiming toward the middle, I too have had success/failures at doing this. I have started drawing an imaginary line in the middle and stepping just to the right and I haven't gone down due to the glitch in a while. Hopefully this helped, if not oh well..

I'll try a little to the left, thanks. Edit: I mean right!

Thanks for the an-94 feedback too and backing up that it is a bug in programming.

NO NO NO! Not the left, the right. If you go left you will surely die. I think it has to do with a second ramp that we hit. I'll try looking at it in theater real quick...

EDIT: After looking at the second ramp, it does seem to fit my theory. The ramp is higher if you jump toward the right. Whether or not this helps the fact that we get stuck is uncertain, but you will definitely take less damage by jumping toward the right of the first slide.

EDIT2: After watching myself die and watching myself succeed in this problem, I think I can say for sure that jumping to the right is your best option. I will say that no matter what you do, it seems to kick you into the same corner. It is just the angle you are traveling that determines if you get caught up. If anyone goes to this area in theater mode they will see what the culprit is. Watch yourself fall in slow-mo and see exactly where you land. You see that little piece of wall that is jutting out? Say hello to the thing that has caused you to die continuously... :evil:

That is exactly what i do, but it got me twice since using that method. I never had a Richtofen laugh, just a 'bug'.

At Megaton: if i go down by power all of my zombies usually die, completely untouched by me. Almost every game.

Sometimes they respawn once or twice before it happens, but they all die. Sometimes it is riding the elevator up to the dragon roof. They just all die. The next round starts.

If I jump down from the trample steam room, they all jump up the side of the building and the round usually ends.

I have not yet died to the first slide, but it has red-ringed me. The one above the an-94 is the one that really sucks.

That's really odd. All I can say is I am also on Live and have all updates and that has never once happened to me. As long as I'm careful not to do any damage to the last zombie, it never dies and ends the round, just respawns. Are you absolutely sure you haven't been doing any damage to them? What I mean is, if you're running trains, for instance, and you fire into a group... if even one bullet has penetrated a couple other zombies and hit the one you are keeping, it will eventually die and end the round. Usually this happens when you travel long distances like going from the dragon roof to power or vice versa. Oddly, sometimes they will crawl up onto the elevator with you as if they have "respawned", but will still die off and end the round once you get too far from the area they're in.

This makes it a REAL pain to try and keep a zombie, especially in the mid to lower rounds. If the last zombie is part of a group you were firing on, you might as well go another round because he will likely die and end the round when you get too far from him. In higher rounds it can become a bit easier because you start getting the shamblers that walk much slower and can be kept separate from the group easier.

I'm not trying to say that what you're saying isn't happening, but if you're being careful and are sure that you're not doing any damage to the last zombie then I don't get why your game is working different than mine. Maybe it's glitched... you could try re-downloading the map pack and see if that fixes it?

Finally, @way2g00; If you're referring to what I'm talking about... I know this can be (and sometimes is) used to get to high rounds easier, but that's not what I'm talking about at all. In fact, this isn't a glitch... it's a gameplay mechanic and how the zombies/respawns work in Black Ops 2. I'm assuming it was programmed this way so that you wouldn't end up with a crawler/zombie on the other side of Green Run and waiting a half hour for it to reach you, but also can't get infinite points by shooting a zombie, having it respawn, shooting it again, etc. But it's still a rather poorly implemented and annoying mechanic. This could easily be solved by just having zombies respawn with whatever damage has been done to them previously, but for whatever reason they were either unable or unwilling to do so.

That's really odd. All I can say is I am also on Live and have all updates and that has never once happened to me. As long as I'm careful not to do any damage to the last zombie, it never dies and ends the round, just respawns. Are you absolutely sure you haven't been doing any damage to them? What I mean is, if you're running trains, for instance, and you fire into a group... if even one bullet has penetrated a couple other zombies and hit the one you are keeping, it will eventually die and end the round. Usually this happens when you travel long distances like going from the dragon roof to power or vice versa. Oddly, sometimes they will crawl up onto the elevator with you as if they have "respawned", but will still die off and end the round once you get too far from the area they're in.

This makes it a REAL pain to try and keep a zombie, especially in the mid to lower rounds. If the last zombie is part of a group you were firing on, you might as well go another round because he will likely die and end the round when you get too far from him. In higher rounds it can become a bit easier because you start getting the shamblers that walk much slower and can be kept separate from the group easier.

I'm not trying to say that what you're saying isn't happening, but if you're being careful and are sure that you're not doing any damage to the last zombie then I don't get why your game is working different than mine. Maybe it's glitched... you could try re-downloading the map pack and see if that fixes it?

Finally, @way2g00; If you're referring to what I'm talking about... I know this can be (and sometimes is) used to get to high rounds easier, but that's not what I'm talking about at all. In fact, this isn't a glitch... it's a gameplay mechanic and how the zombies/respawns work in Black Ops 2. I'm assuming it was programmed this way so that you wouldn't end up with a crawler/zombie on the other side of Green Run and waiting a half hour for it to reach you, but also can't get infinite points by shooting a zombie, having it respawn, shooting it again, etc. But it's still a rather poorly implemented and annoying mechanic. This could easily be solved by just having zombies respawn with whatever damage has been done to them previously, but for whatever reason they were either unable or unwilling to do so.

I had almost no issue last night. I have paid close attention to whether or not I hurt them, and it mostly seems to be solo and either going down to power or up the elevators from power. They just die...

On slides, the first slide got me last night, only had qr, no jugger. It stopped me, dropped me off map and revived me in the start box room.

I haven't experienced that yet.. I have however, experienced a glitch with the who's who perk. When I go down and revive myself, half of the time I won't be able to melee, use my gun or reload. Or sometimes my ghost gets spawned in a "trapped area." Example: I'll go down where the nav card table is and get spawned where the 4th elevator is (the area where you have to drop down on) and the only way back is to drop down where you have to open a series of doors to get back. It's really anoying that it hasn't been fixed yet.

I have also seen some of my friends get stuck on the last slide down to AN94 Room. They will stay there and go down after 5-10 seconds. It won't let them "wiggle" out of the glitch.

I haven't experienced that yet.. I have however, experienced a glitch with the who's who perk. When I go down and revive myself, half of the time I won't be able to melee, use my gun or reload. Or sometimes my ghost gets spawned in a "trapped area." Example: I'll go down where the nav card table is and get spawned where the 4th elevator is (the area where you have to drop down on) and the only way back is to drop down where you have to open a series of doors to get back. It's really anoying that it hasn't been fixed yet.

I have also seen some of my friends get stuck on the last slide down to AN94 Room. They will stay there and go down after 5-10 seconds. It won't let them "wiggle" out of the glitch.

I also experienced that ww bug. And some really bad ww loads spots...

Also one time my pap'd ballistic knife lost its reticule, like hardcore...

Everybody knows they can just run down that last ramp before the AN right? You don't have to jump. I just run off every time and I have never once gotten downed there by glitch.

Yeah that part is easy enough. But Sometimes, i still get stuck. it's a pain trying to get out.

The mystery box "slide of death" on the other hand, that thing I don't dare touch anymore... :?

This one is fun. I haven't died or got stuck yet. But I found out that you cannot dive onto slide. You will die hahahaha

Everybody knows they can just run down that last ramp before the AN right? You don't have to jump. I just run off every time and I have never once gotten downed there by glitch.

Whether jumped on or just fallen on, it has gotten me until I started staying right of center.

This one is fun. I haven't died or got stuck yet. But I found out that you cannot dive onto slide. You will die hahahaha

Funnily enough, first time I was playing the map (solo), I randomly died when I used it the first time. I actually though it was a troll slide, and it was supposed to happen. :oops:

Treyarch sucks man. These glitches are really starting to piss me off. It's been happening since the map came out and they haven't fixed shit. Even the who's who glitch still happens where Ur buddy revives you and u only have 1 gun and can't use claymores. I like how within a day they can fix the Sliquifier but not the shit that makes this game shitty.