Possible Year to Zombies in BOII

ERich935

(ignore the "Maxis A.I." bit; that's my bad)

I explain that by saying Marlton was in his late teens in Nuketown. That would place him in his thirties in the other maps. Both are reasonable ages; you never SEE him in Nuketown. The counterargument is that his voice should've changed. However, not every teenager's voice changes by his thirties. Some young men already have had their voice mature. And keep in mind, Marlton's voice even as an adult is a bit high-pitched.

Possible, but why would a teenager be in a bunker in a nuclear test site? It's been speculated he possibly worked for them, so I'd think he'd have to be in his mid twenties at least in NTZ. If you're correct though, when did Moon happen? Simultaneously with NTZ for sure, but in the early 90s (when Marlton would have been a teenager)? I definitely think GR and DR are present day.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(ignore the "Maxis A.I." bit; that's my bad)

I explain that by saying Marlton was in his late teens in Nuketown. That would place him in his thirties in the other maps. Both are reasonable ages; you never SEE him in Nuketown. The counterargument is that his voice should've changed. However, not every teenager's voice changes by his thirties. Some young men already have had their voice mature. And keep in mind, Marlton's voice even as an adult is a bit high-pitched.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Maxis hasn't actually said that to anyone in the game yet. So the decades-long wait he is referring to may still occur after the time period we're in now.

I still strongly believe Moon/Nuketown is still in 2025. Marlton has shown knowledge of 2025 weapons, and considering we can hear him in the bunker, I'm still convinced we're in 2025. But again, it's pretty clear we've been in modern times since CotD; the ANDO radio in Shangri (ANDO was a company made in 2004), the mentioning of the HAARP Research Station in Green Run (founded in 1993), and of course, the SDC zombies (which ISN'T a "democracy", but a fictional Chinese faction that existed in the 2025 campaign) as well as the high-tech fridges.

I'd also like to thank the compliment from MurderMachine on my previous post (unless it was sarcasm, which I hope it was not).

Though I think that in game audio quotes help with the story, the Bus Drivers location quotes mean nothing apart from an overall theme of an apocalypse - Natural Disasters, The Nuclear/Atom Age & Conspiracy theories of Secret Military Bases. Most of the places he names are post 1990.

There is a note found in Shi No Numa which says "Might be used to power HAARP"

So the time Shi No Numa is set contradicts the actual time that HAARP was released to the public.

It's hard NOT to believe that Moon & Nuketown occur in the 1960's. There is so much evidence from real life events & in game.

I do agree that Green Run & Great Leap Forward maps occur decades later.

Argh it's confusing - "Time Travellers will Tell"

Could you give a few examples for Moon/Nuketown in the 1960s? I understand the banner in the hangar at No Man's Land points to 1966/67, but it could easily have been left there if the facility was overrun around that time.

If the maps are in the 1960s it would really disrupt the continuity with all the hints we've been given pointing to modern times in Green Run/Great Leap Forward. I want to say it was a continuity error on Treyarch's part, but then again, does Treyarch make continuity errors?

• 1 year later...

Actually, it has been confirmed that the Mystery Box has the ability to pull out weapons from different time periods. This explains many things, like how a quote from Richtofen in Origins actually states that when getting the Ray Gun Mark II, he is confused because 935 only recently invented the Mark I. The other thing is how the GRG ( Green Run Group), are getting guns that otherwise don't exist yet, or like in Buried when they actually get a western revolver from long ago in the past.