Ultimate spawn abuse strategy

Matuzz

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Treyarch patches this soon. One of the reasons I like Die Rise so much is that it's a difficult map, and yet - it doesn't punish you for exploration (much like TranZit did). It's a map you can really dig into with your friends, set up a base camp, hold it down. Spawn abuse like this is game breaking IMO.

It doesn't seem at all like a glitch. Just REALLY good camping spots.

Yeah, i have to agree with this. Usually glitches involve being unable to be hit by zombies, so I would consider this a well placed camping spot. But, glitch or not, I hope it gets patched, because some people might abuse this to get high on the Die Rise leaderboards.

It doesn't seem at all like a glitch. Just REALLY good camping spots.

Yeah, i have to agree with this. Usually glitches involve being unable to be hit by zombies, so I would consider this a well placed camping spot. But, glitch or not, I hope it gets patched, because some people might abuse this to get high on the Die Rise leaderboards.

When he's in the room below spawn, that's just clever planning. He didn't open it from the top - thus creating a choke point where every single zombie comes through.

BUT I would say that when he's in the vertical portion, that seems like a glitch on 3arc's part. The zombies are supposed to spawn in a dispersed manner, thus attacking you from all angles.

Regardless of the fact that this is EXTREMELY whorey, I do believe that at least the one on the floor below spawn was quite good, and not too bad place to sit in. However, i'd still feel like I was cheating the game if I did any of these.

Besides, I have a good spot and I ain't seen anyone using it so...

1. Why doesn't my sliquifier kill groups like that? I heard this, mine has never worked like that. I fire into 10 zombies and i have 10 squirming zombies...that are alive. It rarely kills on a direct hit...the floppy guys take 3-4 shots alone. They slide around in the goo and live.

2. Before the buddha room and the room before that, you get to an opening in the side of the building and there is openable debris and one window (just around the corner from the bottom of the glitched shaft-slide and an-94) If you shoot the hall floor there, the same thing happens, fire into the window and they can't get to the window to break the boards down either. Not as good as the spot shown here, but the next best I could find.

Theres a much better one than this that doesn't require the escalator being unopened.

The place where you buy galvaknuckles, if you sit on the broke platform where you land going down the shaft, the zombies will ONLY spawn from the hole in the roof infront if you, just liquify the slope they land on to get you and you have a constant stream of self exploding zombies.

It really does make this map far too easy.

Theres a much better one than this that doesn't require the escalator being unopened.

The place where you buy galvaknuckles, if you sit on the broke platform where you land going down the shaft, the zombies will ONLY spawn from the hole in the roof infront if you, just liquify the slope they land on to get you and you have a constant stream of self exploding zombies.

It really does make this map far too easy.

That area is also in the video.

Seen it a few time. Glitch or not, I wouldn't be proud of getting a high round doing this. A trained monkey could manage this.

WORD.

I think this is okay for the first forty or so rounds, because most high round players will be camping before that anyways. Why not just speed it up and camp really fast?

However, I think the player should stop when camping is normally cut out of the scenario, due to zombie health, spawn speed, or ammo.

Training requires skill. Spamming the Sliquifier in one direction does not.

I've already posted this in a different thread, but the speed is not cool. I did the math. 3.7 seconds per horde (compared to 90 for Flopper on Ascension). It's up to you if you wish to do this for high rounds, but I personally wouldn't. I'd take no pride in besting someone who achieved their high round through kiting.

ya im hoping this gets changed b4 die rise hits ps3. first high round footage ive actually watched with the sliq anyone who says this isnt a wonder weapon is sadly sadly mistaken. id feel cheap using these spots also not to mention bored. id rather take my chances dieing and running the map

I would much rather see this than some corner glitch with a riot shield. So what if it involves the new gun... It seems like that is the basis of how this thread is looked at. If he runs out of ammo he is screwed and I am willing to bet that this is the reason his game ended. There have been camping spots since day one. If this guy thought enough to set his game up this way, I think he deserves it.

EDIT: Who has found the shortcut for PDW and the Trample Steamer...? There are other ways around.

• Administrators

If you consider this method foul play, then you must not really like the concept of camping. I understand it seems like a cheap way to blaze through the rounds, but let's face it - you can't train forever. This slayer found a perfectly executable setup and used it to his advantage. Zombies still come up after him, and he is still being required to shoot. Like death mentioned, he is still in a dangerous position if he runs out of ammo.

Utilizing the structure of the map is not in any way cheating, especially if you're using a Wonder Weapon with what it's designed to do. If the layout was designed so that zombies would not come out of particular areas and only areas where they are allowed to spawn, I'd say that finding a Z-Free Zone is the equivalent of striking pure gold. This is excellent for solo play anyhow; if you have others with you, go into, say, the back of the roof near the NavCard table or the Enlightenment Room and have fun digging into the fight.

Camping is 2 to 4 players dug into a hole, where speed cola and dt are more important than Jugg, and ammo management as a team is key.

It is not this. I love camping, but you shouldn't traditionally be able to get much past 35 with pure camping.

Whether abuse or not, designed or not, it has ruined the leaderboards for those that care. I don't, I enjoy watching videos and will take kiting on round 50 for 10 minutes over this for 10 minutes any day of the week.

There is absolutely zero skill level involved in this method.

I think this is okay for the first forty or so rounds, because most high round players will be camping before that anyways. Why not just speed it up and camp really fast?

I would normally agree on this mate, on almost any other map. The thing with Die Rise though is that the rounds from 11-40 are actually challenging on this map! And they don't take too long anyway, you can get to 40 in really not much time at all. When 100 legit only takes 8 hours, I'm not sure. I suppose though if you are capable of doing 100 legit, you aren't going to have too many problems on the early rounds anyway so I see your point. I do enjoy the earlier rounds though as it takes a lot of skill to run the china area, and is a lot of fun :)

I actually found the Galva-knuckle zone in my first game, as I was trying to get enough money for them and thought "Wow zombies are spawning from one window!".

I messed around with it for a bit, and it is so easy that it feels like you are cheating.

In my opinion, camping strategies are usually a lot of fun and get very challenging as the rounds progress. However, with the sliquifer any spot where you can funnel the zombies through one area is just too easy.