Are the O4 dead?

So, during the Die Rise opening cutscene, Russman dies, and Stuhlinger, Marlton, and Misty are overrun, and presumably die as well. Shortly after, Richtofen turns back the clock in order to give them another shot at completing Richtofen's goal. The way I interpreted this was that the characters actually do die at the end of every game, considering that's the only way the game can end, and Richtofen, or previously Samantha, just resurrected them because they had not completed their goal.

[tab][/tab]So, here's my theory: Dempsey, Takeo, Nikolai, and Samantha inside Richtofen's body, are dead. Why? Because Richtofen didn't need them anymore, and he knew that they were more than capable of bringing him down. Therefore, there was no reason for him to bring them back.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you should take parts of the game so literally that you incorporate them into the story. Take for example the perks: exactly why are there vending machines scattered around the globe which give you superpowers? It's a game feature to help you survive the hoards of zombies; you shouldn't come up with wild theories to explain their existence.

I know the four characters seem to be stuck in some sort of loop in Die Rise, but I don't think this has anything to do with the actual game cycle, just that it is part of the story which is to soon unfold itself.

I have heard similar theories on this site recently. I cant say its wrong tho because it actually makes a bit of sense. The perk machines were originally worked into the story line as drinks that would help soldiars become super soldiars n all that so its entirely possible. I believe that they left moon, and perhaps were granted some form of sanctuary because of being allied to richtofen in various ways. This is all guesswork tho.

• Administrators

I don't think you should take parts of the game so literally that you incorporate them into the story. Take for example the perks: exactly why are there vending machines scattered around the globe which give you superpowers? It's a game feature to help you survive the hoards of zombies; you shouldn't come up with wild theories to explain their existence.

I know the four characters seem to be stuck in some sort of loop in Die Rise, but I don't think this has anything to do with the actual game cycle, just that it is part of the story which is to soon unfold itself.

We call some instances in zombies that are not exactly related to the story non-canon. But to say that taking parts of the game is "too serious" and not relevant to the storyline is more opinion-based, really. For example, would you ever expect Wonder Weapons to be crucial in helping us determine a particular time period or even propose short backstories of our characters? Or even grab something is simple as a poster/mechanism blueprint to display why we are in the setting we currently are in?

I don't believe the original four is dead; it could be possible, but then again, they may as well be finished off. They could have easily just left via teleporter back to Area 51. If you grab the SVU (PaP'ed helps a lot) and scope at the Moon, you can see a cluster of red dots in a particular spot. Supposedly, that's Griffin Station.

We call some instances in zombies that are not exactly related to the story non-canon. But to say that taking parts of the game is "too serious" and not relevant to the storyline is more opinion-based, really. For example, would you ever expect Wonder Weapons to be crucial in helping us determine a particular time period or even propose short backstories of our characters? Or even grab something is simple as a poster/mechanism blueprint to display why we are in the setting we currently are in?

I don't believe the original four is dead; it could be possible, but then again, they may as well be finished off. They could have easily just left via teleporter back to Area 51. If you grab the SVU (PaP'ed helps a lot) and scope at the Moon, you can see a cluster of red dots in a particular spot. Supposedly, that's Griffin Station.

Would you consider the box the same?:0

well that last bit seems to be agreeing but disagreeing on semantics, but this is asylum and if anywhere should hash out exact details I guess it is here. It seems to me that the original 3 (lets call them) and samantha are being left out intentionally. This tells me that they are still in play technically but are not to be thought of at this time.

Things in zombies story arc can get very confusing, very quickly. Luckily I learned about all the secrets early in WaW otherwise I dont think I would even have been able to wrap my mind around the complexities and depth of the story line(s) in play.

So for now we can only assume that if something critical happened to them, we will find out about it eventually and for now at least they want us in the dark about pretty much everything. We don't even know for sure what we are doing exactly in the EE quests. Even in BO we at least had a general idea of what we were accomplishing on a level by level basis. Even if we never found out what the grand scheme was till the end.

I believe them to be alive until they show me that they are dead. They were after all characters that were fully developed with histories and motivations. I don't believe that they would meet their end so quickly or be written off so easily. I also remember the Devs saying a quote "The old characters will definately be coming back in new and interesting ways." I know this could refer to the two doctors but like I said, there is a story line unfolding they will tie the loose ends up one way or the other.

For me its more of a "Where have they been, What have they been up to all this time? line of questions rather than wondering if they are dead or not.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why does everyone say Original 4? Richtofen is alive and well. The other 3 however.... no idea.

I was sure they were all dead as we had no hints wether they were alive or not.

(I know this topic was made before Mob of the Dead but:)

However, on Mob of the Dead, Al Arlington sometimes says "Nikolai, Nikolai Nikolai. Why do I keep hearing that name?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

So, during the Die Rise opening cutscene, Russman dies, and Stuhlinger, Marlton, and Misty are overrun, and presumably die as well. Shortly after, Richtofen turns back the clock in order to give them another shot at completing Richtofen's goal. The way I interpreted this was that the characters actually do die at the end of every game, considering that's the only way the game can end, and Richtofen, or previously Samantha, just resurrected them because they had not completed their goal.

This is my first ever post on this forum, and I just wanted to get this theory out there.

So, here's my theory: Dempsey, Takeo, Nikolai, and Samantha inside Richtofen's body, are dead. Why? Because Richtofen didn't need them anymore, and he knew that they were more than capable of bringing him down. Therefore, there was no reason for him to bring them back.

Who says Richtofen doesn´t need them anymore...

• 8 months later...

Chances are they took the teleporter back to Area 51 and began surviving in Nevada, possibly traveling throughout America surviving from there. Richtofen would probably leave them alive, they're pretty tough and could provide some use to his schemes in the future even though he doesn't use them after the Moon Incident.

I think that we could have seen them die long ago, we could have an explanation to after Moon in 2015 but the O4 could already be dead in our story. They are time travelers after all their graves could exist at the same time as Buried is happening while they are still on the Moon. The fact we don't play as them to me shows that they are somewhere else doing something else and out of Richtofens reach. He would use them for his tasks if he could as he knows they can do tasks, maybe they managed to go to another time away from Richtofen.

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero. But they were on the moon, with a teleporter, and a former omnipotent girl who probably learned a thing or two about time and space in her 100 years of transcendence. I think they could be pretty much anywhere / at any time, and they are probably doing something anti-Richtofen.