We All Fall Down: A question of perspective

Lunatic

So I started digging around the story again, since I was certain that the Green Run story bit was solid, which meant it could be built off of by Die Rise. From there, I dug into Die Rise, and as usual, fell in love with the song. I was browsing some comments on Kevin's official upload of the video, and I found this...

So I started looking at the lyrics for both songs, and since I am very rusty on my knowledge of what all went down, I thought I'd ask you all what you think/know the perspective to be. Also, what is exactly happening here? I have my own little thoughts on it, but I'd rather not look like too big an idiot when I'm inevitably proven wrong c:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Welcome to the community, friendo!

I'd suggest you take a look into this lovely thread by Rissole25:

"We All Fall Down" Analysis

From what I can understand, it seems that "Coming Home" is more of Samantha's final perspective into what will come before Richtofen takes control in the Aether. "We All Fall Down" is placed into the shoes of Maxis and how he questions whether or not his experiments were worth the betrayal from his assistant and the demise of the world.

Here is something to ponder:

"sacrifice the vermin martyr"

"the martyr's brethren were not to be set free"

Let's take that into consideration. What is a martyr first of all? It's defined as a person who suffers persecution and death as opposing to renouncing a belief or cause that is not true to their morals and values. Now that the basic concept is out the way, the songs are figuratively speaking of someone who was sacrificed and were wrongly killed.

Yes yes, you got the right idea - a dead person. Who's brethren could possibly belong to that of a dead person? How about more dead people? Essentially, Samantha believes she will return to her father's side and gain vengeance for his death, yet she does not understand the magnitude of which Maxis' destruction of Earth. There is no justification for him; had he not continued the experiments while he was still in Group 935, zombies would have never existed and his death would have been prevented. What was presumed to be a successful conclusion turned into havoc and chaos known as zombies. The amount of destruction placed upon the world gradually increases more and more, and it will only continue.

I understand that this isn't the most stable connection between the two songs, but I hope it placed you on the right track. I'd like to see what reels Kevin Sherwood states; they're audio files, but perhaps they better explain the connection between father and daughter as to fit a link between said songs.

Welcome to the community, friendo! Aw, thanks, mistur! :mrgreen:

That part was probably one of the driving factors of making this thread. Thanks for that, and another thanks for the analysis link. I should have um... You know, searched for that before I just up and made a thread. Either way, thanks.

I understand that this isn't the most stable connection between the two songs, but I hope it placed you on the right track. I'd like to see what reels Kevin Sherwood states; they're audio files, but perhaps they better explain the connection between father and daughter as to fit a link between said songs.

Dude I thought this was an awesome extension to what Rissole wrote, as well as a pretty good connection between the two.

Welcome to the community, friendo! Aw, thanks, mistur! :mrgreen:

That part was probably one of the driving factors of making this thread. Thanks for that, and another thanks for the analysis link. I should have um... You know, searched for that before I just up and made a thread. Either way, thanks.

Welcome to the forum Luna :D