It was DEFINITELY Richtofen Speaking

Flammenwerfer

Hey people, sorry if this is an already known fact, but the muffled voice in the cinematic has got to be Richtofen.

If you listen closely to the muffled phrase that was said before "Accept your fate, begin anew!", well, it sounds like a muffled version of that. You know, as if Richtofen was repeating himself because Stu didn't understand.

Again, sorry if this is a repost, just wanted to get this out there.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or.....

Richtofen was known to hear things others did not and possibly losing his marbles,

i think that this new deity that Samuel hears is the same thing that had an influence on richtofen!

therefor letting Samuel receive small hints of the future, this would explain hearing the "accept your fate" quote twice!

Edit: maybe not hints of the future but more along the lines of what richtofen is thinking? maybe a psycological link between the three?

as i mentioned in my post: to me it does not make any sense for richtofen to speak in two totaly different voices to the ONLY person that can hear him!

i know richtofen is a first class nutjob but that would really take the cake!

It couldn't be any clearer. You hear a garbled voice that you can't make out. Then you hear semi-garbled voice that you can make the words out. Then you hear the same words in Richtofen's voice. It basically TELLS you that it is him.

Samantha had two end-spectrum voices. Doesn't it make sense for Richtofen to have two as well? Samantha was a little sweet girl. In Aether, she gained a demonic voice that she could change to at will. Richtofen has been normal thus far. Perhaps we are now seeing his demonic voice?

I've agreed with this since the beginning, that the muffled voice in the opening cinematic is Richtofen, but i'm not sure if it's the same voice in game, but i've never really thought about that. Anyway, I was just wondering, if Samuel couldn't understand it when he was muffled coming down the elevator when Richtofen said muffled "Accept your fate, begin anew!" then how could he understand what the muffled voice said at the start?

It could be that he didn't really understand what Richtofen was saying, like... "What does beginning anew mean?" Or something like that or it could mean "What did he just say?" I'm not too sure.

First off i don't think you can say 'DEFINITE' as there's no hard proof. Treyarch probably purposefully made it misleading so you would have off-shoots of different theories, they never tell us anything straight.

I'm not 100% sure either way but i feel it is most likely Richtofen speaking, but there is another entity that speaks through him. One of the 'Moon' quotes by Samantha say 'there is a greater evil in here than even you Edward' or something like that, referring to an entity within the mpd/aether. This idea of a great evil is nothing new in zombies, there are numerous quotes referring to the devil, Dempsey for example "ooh ra devil man!" So when people say that when inside the mpd you develop a secondary more evil voice like Samantha's and the one in question here: it's not just the voice.. they are actually being possessed by something. Put simply this entity is the devil, but how Treyarch will depict him could be quite different from the traditional sense of the word 'devil' either way i feel it is the source of all evil... In fact thinking about it, there is a lot of talk of this aztec god of the underworld, Mictlantecuhtli, so it is most likely him(half his name appears on nuketown loading screen bubblegum rapper and beneath it is a pic that is v similar to how he was portrayed ie. skeletal form and with arms raised awaiting to receive the dead).

Think of it in the sense of the storyline as well, do you really think the most powerful beings are Richtofen and/or Maxis. Where did all this technology and power come from? it's debatable, some would say Vrill-ya, some would say aliens, some would say both or that they are the same thing. But it was there before Richtofen stumbled across it. This great power/evil is bigger than just group 935 and the nazis.

Happy to hear any feedback, thoughts, arguments etc.