Chinese class about the signs or Mahjong in Die Rise!

DragonGJY

Glad to be here!

If you wanna check out the meaning of those signs, please read my reply to PINNAZ below!

im Chinese here so ive been trying to find out what's in the map that may require some knowledge on CHN, haha!

And i got nothin except for those MAHJONG TILES.

Maybe this can help you guys quickly figure out what direction each character refer to?

Mahjong, 麻将 in CHN.

東 - East

南 - South

西 - West

北 - North

More info you can look it up on WIKIA!

Maybe just help a little or just for fun, take you a minute! :D

Thank you Dragon!

While your at it, would you mind interpreting these words & pictures for the Class?

I asked a guy I work with (quickly) & he told me a few, but I can remember them all.

It would be good if you can take your time to interpret them or tell CoDz what they mean if you know?

Good Fortune / Business Prosper?

Something to do with Chinese New Year?

Ice?

Luxury

International ? Centre

A sign at a wedding? Good Luck? Chinese New Year?

Something with Chinese New Year?

?

?

?

Different Shops on the floors?

Café

Luxury something?

Organic/Natural Makeup?

Natural again?

?

This Panda picture intrigues me? Sorry I don't have a closer screenshot.

Thanks if you can read them. Thanks in advance :)

Easy Job for me, i will explain them in your pics' order:

Good Fortune / Business Prosper?

1.Pray for Business Prosper, and celebrate the mid-autumn festival.

Something to do with Chinese New Year?

2.Most common in Spring festival, or what you call the Chinese New Year, pray for good luck in the coming new year.

Ice?

3."Ice"in Chinese, but it should be the word "Luck(福)" on the celendar in our real life.

Luxury

4."Luxury" In Chinese.

International ? Centre

5.International Zombies Centre (3arc's word game hah :))

A sign at a wedding? Good Luck? Chinese New Year?

6.Start from the left hand one:

- A sign at a wedding (Write two "happy(喜)" together to make it (囍))

- Luck

- Everything goes as expected 万事如意(Pray for good luck)

Something with Chinese New Year?

7.Everything goes as expected(Same)

?

8.Everything goes as expected, people are safe and sound. (or Auspicious)

?

9.A Traditional sign or poster in China that writes the word "Luck福" in 100 different ways, also pray for good luck. The biggest one is the most common used one.

?

10.An ad, the "Sun Plaza".

Different Shops on the floors?

11.Yeah, they are:

M - Furniture life

78 - Furniture life

77 - Children corner

76 - Leathers

75 - Fashion Clothes

74 - Parking area (Quite strange, since it's on F74)

Café

12.Actually a restaurant, the "Northern Tastes" (Northern China)

Luxury something?

13.Luxury Apartment.

Organic/Natural Makeup?

14.Organic cosmetics ad.

Natural again?

15.cosmetics ad.

?

16.Firesale in the luxury shopping mall, -30% to -60%.

17.Luxury shopping mall ad.

This Panda picture intrigues me? Sorry I don't have a closer screenshot.

18.Words in White: Real bargains

Yellow: ??(guess it's the name of it) Health insurance.

========================================================

Didn't take me much time! :)

My conclusion is, there's not much strange in these sign or something, i guess they won't do much word games with a foreign language.

Im just 16 and im still in school, my English isn't so good that i might have made lots of expression mistakes here, hope them didn't cause you guys misunderstand it.

Thanks for the supporting everyone!Glad to help you!

• Thanks 1
  • Administrators

So I did an edit on the post above to make it a little more readable, just putting the numbers and descriptions under their respective images instead of all at the bottom :)

What intrigued me was number 10, Sun Plaza?

Well what do we have here, the only result when searching for "the sun plaza china" into Google:

Sun Plaza International Hotel in Jining, Shandong, China.

It's basically the only thing you find when you search Google, and I'm almost positive that I've read the name Jining somewhere on this forum. Anyway, I'll keep looking but I thought all may want to see that.

So I did an edit on the post above to make it a little more readable, just putting the numbers and descriptions under their respective images instead of all at the bottom :)

What intrigued me was number 10, Sun Plaza?

Well what do we have here, the only result when searching for "the sun plaza china" into Google:

Sun Plaza International Hotel in Jining, Shandong, China.

It's basically the only thing you find when you search Google, and I'm almost positive that I've read the name Jining somewhere on this forum. Anyway, I'll keep looking but I thought all may want to see that.

=========================

In my opinion there will be lots of "Sun Plaza" in China, but not refer to a specific one.

Since the ad is in the building, it is likely to be a place where you can buy lots of things, like a supermarket.

In china not every city have such highrises like DIE RISE.(More than 70 Floors? there aren't so many.)

I've been to Jining, i don't think there will be such an enviorment like DIE RISE.

• 2 weeks later...

非常感謝 (Thank you very much)

Can you make anything out of the calendars? Like a particular 'Year of the (which animal)'?

EDIT - Also, what would 'Province 22' refer too?

Thanks again Dragon

I can't really figure much out and i haven't played the map yet {PC}

And the calendar didn't tell much, the animal is usually printed on the cover of the calendar

But if you look at the pic 3 and 8, it seems that the two calenders are not of a same year but i can't sure, In China sometimes we would use Monday as the first day of a week. Maybe you can have a check of them and see what day orders the calenders are(May not be clear enough though!)

We don't really refer the province in numbers you know :D

So maybe the province 22 is in kinda official given order? I haven't checked it on the Wikia yet.

Personal speaking it's Shanghai.

one thing i have to talk about is that we use Simplified Chinese in Mainland China. Traditional Chinese, the one in game, only officially used in Taiwan, Macao and Hongkong.

BUT! The traditional Chinese is more widely accepted around the world, most of the time foreigners(to me of course :)) would use TC, Treyarch may be the same, so we can't judge it.

(You used Traditional Chinese too :) BTW in Simplified it's 非常感谢)

The Jin Mao Tower is the most powerful proof to say that it's in Shanghai.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance I can get some help with translating characters for some signs I've seen in Dead Ops arcade? (I have more, and can take more)

This was taken in FPS mode on PC.

The Rounds 21-24 map was previously rumored to be Kowloon. But now in retrospect, running around on the roof tops of high rises killing zombies sounds more like Die Rise doesn't it?

- Mix

• Administrators

Kowloon is located in Shanghai. In fact, the map layout for Kowloon in Black Ops Multiplayer mainly takes place between a few consolidated residential districts, where as Great Leap Forward encases itself in the outside area of Kowloon.

Rick Click > View Image in New Tab to see the full image.

Notice how the top of the image shows rather large buildings much similar to the ones we see in Die Rise. We could even say that there are both the same maps, but in different general districts.

@Mix: My wife is looking into the characters right now, and I'll get back to you asap.

@ Mix

I asked a guy I work with & he told me the following. (My rough translation may not be 100% accurate, but it's close)

Red & Yellow writing - Good Luck Restaurant

Green writing - Nice

Red writing - Dishes

White writing (Left) - Desserts, Cold Drinks

White writing (Right) - (Assorted/Different?) Dumplings

Kowloon is located in Shanghai. In fact, the map layout for Kowloon in Black Ops Multiplayer mainly takes place between a few consolidated residential districts, where as Great Leap Forward encases itself in the outside area of Kowloon.

Rick Click > View Image in New Tab to see the full image.

Notice how the top of the image shows rather large buildings much similar to the ones we see in Die Rise. We could even say that there are both the same maps, but in different general districts.

@Mix: My wife is looking into the characters right now, and I'll get back to you asap.

I don't understand, why Kowloon is located in Shanghai?

Kowloon is in Hongkong isn't it?

@ Mix

I asked a guy I work with & he told me the following. (My rough translation may not be 100% accurate, but it's close)

Red & Yellow writing - Good Luck Restaurant

Green writing - Nice

Red writing - Dishes

White writing (Left) - Desserts, Cold Drinks

White writing (Right) - (Assorted/Different?) Dumplings

Well that was boring :?

Should I even bother with collecting screenshots of the other signs on this DOA map?

- Mix

• 2 weeks later...

I tried messaging Dragon about the "International Zombie Center" to try to confirm the results, because honestly I want more than someone's word for it. However, he/she has not responded, sadly. PINNAZ, if you ever find confirmation of this, could you let me know? I'm going to go on as if I hadn't heard of it until I find some confirmation to make sure it is true.

I would take all of this as fairly accurate. I had originally asked a friend I work with & if you look at my first post, everything I have written was pretty close to what Dragon replied with. When I asked my friend, I didn't write anything down so what I posted was what I could remember.

With the International Zombie Center, I did have a laugh at that. My friend said "International ? Center, I don't know what that middle word says?" as I hadn't told him all of the pictures were from COD Zombies.

A quick 'goggle translate' showed the following. (I did have to change to middle 2 words to make it match up, but it does match)

International Zombie Center -

I would take all of this as fairly accurate. I had originally asked a friend I work with & if you look at my first post, everything I have written was pretty close to what Dragon replied with. When I asked my friend, I didn't write anything down so what I posted was what I could remember.

With the International Zombie Center, I did have a laugh at that. My friend said "International ? Center, I don't know what that middle word says?" as I hadn't told him all of the pictures were from COD Zombies.

A quick 'goggle translate' showed the following. (I did have to change to middle 2 words to make it match up, but it does match)

International Zombie Center -

I suppose if you're convinced then I should be too. Thank you. I must explore the implications of this!

Parking on Floor 74. Methinks this is an obvious nod that GLF is in the future.

Flying cars.

This could also explain the major evolutionary changes that the Nova 6 > Jumping Jacks have gone through.

Perhaps the Rift is a rift in time, where the missiles from Moon struck this side of the planet far later in time than the rest of the globe. Or maybe they only struck one side and the damage to GLF is result a totally different cause.

Hey Dragon if you still check this thread. (or anyone else)

I'm trying to find out who this guy is?

I know that the Chinese writing says wanted & at the bottom of the poster it has a $ amount for reward. I've only played the campaign once, so I don't know if this was used in it. Thanks in advance.

Wanted = 通缉

I suppose if you're convinced then I should be too. Thank you. I must explore the implications of this!

I'm sorry that i didn't reply, for we have to go to school and stay until Friday.

If you find more words and want some proof about it(You know i may have not translated it correctly enough :( ),i can type the CHINESE then you can go to Google translation to make it clear.

I will help as soon as im free from school :)

I know that the Chinese writing says wanted & at the bottom of the poster it has a $ amount for reward. I've only played the campaign once, so I don't know if this was used in it. Thanks in advance.

Wanted = 通缉

Yeah i catch your post :)

The Chinese are not clear enough, can you tell me where it is and i will go in the game to find it out?

Thanks Dragon,

I can't believe you were online when I posted that. I did not notice.

From the Tower (on the dragon roof) drop down onto the walkway where the Semtex is. It's directly opposite the Semtex.

There's another one if you follow that walkway towards the single elevator (Where the mystery box spawns) & drop down, there is one next to the elevator.

There is another in the **** please report this topic, post ****/restaurant where the mystery box can spawn.

There's probably more, but I can't remember where.

Thanks again.

Wanted = 通缉

Okay, so ive in the game and i still cant recognize prefectly even though ive set the texture to EXTRA.

So here's what i can read, the words i cant read wont matter much believe me, the general idea is clear.

=======================================

WANTED

This is a wanted man. XXXXXXX (7 words i cant figure out, i infer that its about where the man usually appears)

He did everything evil. He carries weapon(s) of mass destruction.

He is a dangerous man carrying weapon(s) of mass destruction, and he is suspected to be a ZOMBIE.

For anyone who give us clues or help us capture this man will be rewarded 50000 Yuan.

=======================================

Interesting Points:

Weapon(s) of mass destruction?

a Zombie?

50000 yuan award, which is a big number before the 1990s

Wow! Awesome stuff Dragon

• Weapons of Mass Destruction

• Suspected to be a Zombie

I wonder if he is part of 'The Flesh'

I'm going to quote your post in MurderMachineX's A Zombie Trilogy storyline thread.

If you haven't read it please do, it's a great read. You can find it HERE

Thanks so much again, I'll have a think about this. :P