nuketowns neglected

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that Nuketown is actually more important than Green Run.

Nuketown got it's own comic book loading screen - as has been done for every other significant map.

Die Rise got it's own comic book loading screen.

Green Run - it's a post card. If you look carefully at the Die Rise loading screen, you can see that Green Run is just a post card sandwhiched between 2 pages of the comic (those two pages being NTZ & Die Rise)

I'd agree that the devs left many-a plot hole with the NTZ scenario, however.

Personally I think the devs spent a lot if time on NTZ considering they did this + Green Run + TranZit mode + greif mode + probably preparing for future DLC & quotes + new story etc.

The style of the map is great and there are quite a lot of Easter Eggs within this map & is VERY unique. One thing I would like to say is that not having any quotes for the characters does detract a little.

If you are on about people playing it (players focus on Green Run) then it is probably because of the perk machines, people don't like it when you mess with the perk machines :twisted: I like it however, unique, random and you need luck! Everything I want in a zombies map!

I love the Nuke Town Zombies map. I think the map is a challenge. Yes it maybe repetitive but all Zombies maps are repetitive. The tightness of the map makes it harder for most people like Five did. IMO thats why people hate on it and it's even over looked it seems on the site. We don't even get a section to talk about this map in the map specific section. Every outher one did, why not this one? It's not like it's Dead Op's Arcade it's an actual Zombies map.

• 3 weeks later...

Problem with nuketown are the perks. Or at least what I think.

Lets go back in time, to Nacht Der Untoten times.(BO or WaW version, doesn't matter) There were no perks, yet its still pretty easy map.

Now with Nuketown, you actually have perks but since they come slowly I personally feel like Nuketown is harder than NDU. I mean, when you play NDU you are just prepared that there won't be any perks in game whereas Nuketown you'd want to get your hands on Jugg already.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not know if anyone has discussed this, or brought this up before, but when you fire a Pack-a-Punched LSAT in NTZ... There appears to be a voice speaking backwards. I could be wrong, but it definitely sounds like it, when listened to through headphones.

Just thought I would mention it...

could u provide proof maybe?

Clan":3hi6zhw3]
I do not know if anyone has discussed this, or brought this up before, but when you fire a Pack-a-Punched LSAT in NTZ... There appears to be a voice speaking backwards. I could be wrong, but it definitely sounds like it, when listened to through headphones.

Just thought I would mention it...

could u provide proof maybe?

Just PaP'd it, heard nothing....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd say that Nuketown is actually more important than Green Run.

Nuketown got it's own comic book loading screen - as has been done for every other significant map.

Die Rise got it's own comic book loading screen.

Green Run - it's a post card. If you look carefully at the Die Rise loading screen, you can see that Green Run is just a post card sandwhiched between 2 pages of the comic (those two pages being NTZ & Die Rise)

I'd agree that the devs left many-a plot hole with the NTZ scenario, however.

I completely agree with what you said. Having it's own loading screen gives it a new level of importance, despite how neglected it is, or how poor a map it is overall.

Yes, I know a very small majority out there consider it a great map, but really, deep down it is not.

It is FAR too small a map, and I believe it is the second smallest map in zombie history, has a poor perk drop system, is lacking in things to do, and basically has a narrative that is only there to serve as a story feeder for those out there who are new to the story, or did not ever get round to doing the Moon Easter Egg.

Yes, training on it is easy, and the map can be served well as a quick play map, but for the potential they had, and the usual 'over-hype' it got pre-release, I expected better, and only purchased the hardened edition for that map.

Boy was I left disappointed. :(

I think Nuketown Zombies is giving us a date for Moon more than anything. We know they are occurring at the same time. If you notice, the nuke has just gone off at Nuketown, since the mushroom cloud is still there and the flames and everything. It had to have happened extremely recently. Then crews were called in to investigate it and zombies came out.

Remember that the idea of Nuketown Zombies came from a PC mod of Nuketown that was a zombie map. The devs played it, loved it and made it their own. I don't think there's a big easter egg on it or anything. I think it's closer to just a date map.

It was as disappointing as Shangri La and Ascension and Tranzit, with all it's closed spaces and not being able to explore areas in the map. Just a butt load of eye candy that when advertised, promises you new land to explore where freedom isn't restricted. It would be like if you were playing Call of The Dead for the first time and you find out the barrier to the ship cant be un-blocked and you had to play at the lighthouse and spawn area only.

As I quote Stan from American Dad: " Why don't you take this broom here and I'll bend over and grab my ankles, you lube up the handles real good and just sweep me out the door!"

• 4 months later...

It's one of my least liked maps. I think simply having jugger fall first for solo games instead of qr would have tripled the number of people playing this.

"yea, the pap machine dropped on round 4, that's so...stupid".

Without jugger first, they should have added the permaperks, so at least free jugger could be had.

I did 23 solo and have no desire to ever try to beat that. Not with the annoyance factor ntz has.

It's one of my least liked maps. I think simply having jugger fall first for solo games instead of qr would have tripled the number of people playing this.

"yea, the pap machine dropped on round 4, that's so...stupid".

Without jugger first, they should have added the permaperks, so at least free jugger could be had.

I did 23 solo and have no desire to ever try to beat that. Not with the annoyance factor ntz has.

Its quite frustrating....some could say iut depends on skill...but that map you almost NEED jug..comeon...