I think I figured out how you lose perma-Jugg.

jameslieb1

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done some testing on this, and I have gained and lost it multiple times. Every single time I lost it was at the beginning of round 15, and every single time I had it at round 15, I lost it.

However, I have had occasions where I'm sure I did NOT have it, but still only got redscreen on my third hit instead of going down on the second. I have also gone down by getting hit twice without it on Die Rise. I think this is where some of the confusion comes from. I'm guessing it occasionally just glitches for whatever reason and gives you the effect of Persistajugg even when you don't have it. It's either that, or they changed how the damage is calculated and you take less damage if the zombie is just at arm's reach (as if they're barely scratching you) but I highly doubt that it the case.

What I can say for sure is, in my experience, 100% of the time that I have lost it was just as round 15 started, and 100% of the time I started round 15 with it, I lost it. I have also gone down multiple times in a game and even a round without losing it.

Edit; I've heard the reason is that the body armor zombies do slightly less damage. I can't confirm this, but it makes sense.

• 1 month later...

I'm adamant that regardless of what sound you get it, you don't lose it until you go down.

I've played so much Die Rise now that I realise there is a distinct difference between kiting before the first down, and kiting after.

Before the first down, I can stay a fair bit closer to the pack. 2 quick hits can be ignored and you continue your path. Sometimes you get a rd and 4th, sometimes not. The key is that with perma jugg you can take that 3rd and 4th hit, and then know to move away from the pack.

Without perma jugg I always will move away from the pack after 2 hits, as those 2nd 2 can come so quickly and then you are on a red screen.