The most logcial reason that PHD isn't in Die Rise.

BuhLayz

We have all been missing PHD Flopper (well I know I have). And when I first heard that it was in this map I freaked out and researched. And I saw it was just a huge troll. But ALOT of people on the forums, as well as public matches on xbox have been saying that it is obtainable. But from my understanding it would give you no fall damage, so when you fall off of the building and hit "the ground" you would stay alive. Because there is always that initial impact when you fall down, unlike Halo where you will float forever.

Unless they have an automatic death barrier down there. But to me that seems like a logical reason to not have PHD flopper in the map. It would make the map alot easier also.

Any feedback is welcome, me and my friends have been having this argument since the map came out and we saw PHD flopper. :mrgreen:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current theory is that it might be related to the Easter Egg. While your thing about jumping off the building is logical, there could be an automatic-death script, even if you had PhD.

I was wondering all along if they could program an automatic death.

I wouldnt know. I dont design games. :cry:

I think there is a way to get it. I don't think they would just put it there to mess with us. Maybe we can use the jump thing we build with the wood and the smoke blower thing. If this work like a bounceing device of some sort why not throw it down the shaft after the fall. When you reach the spawn agin jump down on it, maybe it will spring you back up far enough to enter the hall where PHD flopper is located. If that don't work maybe try doing this while in Who's Who mode.

The current theory is that it might be related to the Easter Egg. While your thing about jumping off the building is logical, there could be an automatic-death script, even if you had PhD.

I was wondering all along if they could program an automatic death.

I wouldnt know. I dont design games. :cry:

As a programmer myself and having programmed some video games here and there, I will tell you yes it is possible to put in a automatic death barrier. Now in most games though when they put this barrier in they usually have something that kills you when you hit it, i.e. Halo 3 Gaurdian guns, Borderlands out of map Gun Towers. But yes its possible.

Murder didn't someone recently tell us they had gone through and done the free perk method and gotten all the other perks but the next time they had tried to get the free perk it did the same thing as if they got a free one but nothing dropped?

Edit: its not possible to walk into that room with PHD Flopper in it because there is rubble blocking the entrance which basically stops your character from walking forward towards it.

In my opinion the reason it's not in there is that it is not necessary.

Yeah it's in the lift which you can't access, and I believe it potentially could be received from the EE. Ultimately though, the map is so easy anyway it would just be too overpowered.

HAHA OK zombie master, I'll bet its WAY to easy for you ;):lol:

on a side note I die more often times than not by being cornered in a narrow spot rather than by fall damage, the only time I go down from falling is when I fall down a shaft or off the building and die so if they could keep that in so you die and make the machine a bit of a pain to get to (like say resetting the elevator every time you want to go get it) or having it as a reward for EE completion because you still would have to be good to rock it properly in this level

I was serious you literally cannot enter that hallway its not because of the elevator but because there is rubble on the floor at the entrance of the hallway basically blocking you off from going further.

This doesn't mean you can't get it from the EE but from various tests it won't drop from the free perk method, it doesn't count towards the Achievement (someone already has the achievement didn't have PHD Flopper) and the hallway to it is blocked by rubble on the floor that is the same kind that blocks other ways making them unwalkable.

I don't know why people think they are going to get PhD?

They wouldn't put something in a map just to mess with us?? Yes, they would. There are teleporter parts, rayguns, freeze guns, thunderguns, etc all around the place we can never use. Why wouldn't they put a graphic of PhD down there just to add and mess w/ us?

Although it does mean they have that texture so we will most likely see it next dlc

I don't know why people think they are going to get PhD?

They wouldn't put something in a map just to mess with us?? Yes, they would. There are teleporter parts, rayguns, freeze guns, thunderguns, etc all around the place we can never use. Why wouldn't they put a graphic of PhD down there just to add and mess w/ us?

Although it does mean they have that texture so we will most likely see it next dlc

that's true, and something tells me that if they did want to make it available in this map at some later point and time than they could fairly easily since the room and the textures are already down.

but someone already made a really good point, you get the achievement without PHD and it clearly says to use "all the perk machines" so as of yet I don't think it'll be accessible even upon EE completion

To make sure the guy who had the achievement who told me this wasn't lying I contacted 3 other people who also have the achievement and the list of perks was the same and PHD Flopper was not in the list.

Edit: Forgot to say none of them had the Achievement High Maintenance yet so they hadn't finished the Easter Egg either, I also checked to be sure if these guys knew each other (checked friends lists as well as each ones locations) and they were not related at all it seems other than 2 of them were both located in the UK but thats all, if need be I will check for more people).

Yeah it's in the lift which you can't access, and I believe it potentially could be received from the EE. Ultimately though, the map is so easy anyway it would just be too overpowered.

That's what's been bothering me. PhD Flopper is inthis map, it's just not obtanible.

I think Trollarch is just trolling us by putting the machine in the map, but not letting us buy it.

I'm guessing you meant zombies master, and too easy for you.

I won't bother quoting the rest as it contained a single period in an entire paragraph of text.

Either way, it is too easy. PHD plus M&S is the ultimate I don't need to think choice. Up to round 35, any problem and just shoot the shit out of your feet. PHD turns using M&S from an art form into a none thinking option. If you need it as you can't manage to drop down the various locations, then again, you need to think more about the game.

When someone went to round 81 solo on the first day, a map is too easy. When a 4 man team went to 34 in the first couple of hours, it is too easy. It's an awful lot of fun this map, but with perma jugg for 15 rounds, perma quick revive, seriously, what else do you need?

I never said that I was a zombies master, you did. You happen to be right, but I still never said it.

I won't bother quoting the rest as it contained a single period in an entire paragraph of text.

Either way, it is too easy. PHD plus M&S is the ultimate I don't need to think choice. Up to round 35, any problem and just shoot the shit out of your feet. PHD turns using M&S from an art form into a none thinking option. If you need it as you can't manage to drop down the various locations, then again, you need to think more about the game.

When someone went to round 81 solo on the first day, a map is too easy. When a 4 man team went to 34 in the first couple of hours, it is too easy. It's an awful lot of fun this map, but with perma jugg for 15 rounds, perma quick revive, seriously, what else do you need?

I never said that I was a zombies master, you did. You happen to be right, but I still never said it.

Off topic: But do you mind if I quote that last bit in my sig?

You do make some very good points although you don't need to be such a grammar nazi when its perfectly understandable, I don't use a bunch of acronyms or use l33t sp3ak or make a bunch of spelling mistakes. To neglect to read a paragraph for the sole reason of it not containing commas or periods is rather ignorant haha.

The person that went 86 on solo in the first day could've easily found a glitch to camp in, the people who made it to 34 on their first time with a crew of four containing at least two record holders (RelaxingEnd is rather well known) in their team from previous maps so that's not all that surprising especially with how exploitable the trample steam is.

EDIT: you never said you didn't read it only that you didn't quote it, my apologies I read that wrong.

I actually believe we shouldnt count this possibility out yet. In theater mode ya you cant get to it but there is a doorway to the right of PHD if you look closely at it which leads me to believe once that certain elevator is fixed it might be obtainable. Maybe the reason we dont have to have it to get the achievement for all the perks is because we werent supposed to know about it being there just yet until after the High Maintenance achievement. Just an idea, I guess we'll find out soon

I read it and understood it, but didn't feel the need to quote it. It rubbed me the wrong way what you said initially, so I was a bit 'prickly'. For that I do apologise, most people who know me on here know what I'm like.

Your point was that you get cornered rather than fall. My point was that by adding PHD it would remove all difficulties on this map. There are 6 or 7 easy kiting spots on this map, and a lot of very narrow spots. The point is that you should not be getting caught in the tight spots....if you are, you are making unnecessary mistakes. Due to how open some of the map is, the makers in my opinion are making you make good decisions, rather than having another ascension based map where it's all easy.

Past 35, if you have managed to get there you clearly know what you are doing.

I've now seen two other friends get high, one to 60+, the other 2 80, all playing independently using the same kind of strategy. AsG Dims, and JLoves2Game. Now these are both amazing players. But that kinda makes the point even more valid. A map should be challenging to the masses, until the 'masters' work out the best strategies and then guide writers explain how to get to a high enough point to make them work.

On our first 4p game we got to 22, with no problems until a glitch on the boss round caused a game over. We used both the strategy that Relaxing used, and the one that the solo players have been using but modified. Strategies are never exclusively created by one player, apart from on certain maps such as five.

Myself and Boysta played today, and did rounds 20 to 30 in the MP5 area, trying different room combinations to see what is best.

The best players who do this, are 5and5 and Pish. They are Gods of working out spawn spots to understand the fastest and safest strategies to get to high rounds. For more general standard strategies, lots of different people are going to discover them, and eventually they get into the community and are widely used.

I personally write strategies. What I would say for this map is to not explore unless you can safely do it, this means making sure you keep a zombie with you, or keep a player with a zombie.

The best tip I could give is to work out where you want to run, start the game and get to the power ASAP, and check where Jugg is. If not where you want to run, restart. Alternatively use Who's who, with the same effect. Never all go for the box as a team, it's a way to die if the round suddenly ends.

Peace mate :)

To make sure the guy who had the achievement who told me this wasn't lying I contacted 3 other people who also have the achievement and the list of perks was the same and PHD Flopper was not in the list.

I got the Shafted achievment this morning and can now confirm PhD Flopper does not count for the achievment, nor does it drop from a perk bottle. In a few days time, we'll also be able to confirm it cannot be obtained from the easter egg. I seriously think PhD is unobtainable. It would make the map incredibly easy.

For what it's worth, I saw a video of a guy who used noclip to go into the PhD room. The 'doors' on either side of the machine are, for lack of a better word, nonexistent.

Hi y'all.

Maybe whence the next DLC drops, this map will expand or have a new game mode? I don't think Treyarch is done adding little game modes and such to the previous maps with each new DLC. I feel they want to enable playability through the Infinity Ward cycle of COD, so maybe, just maybe, they are whetting our appetite, as well as getting people to credit and discount the theory, to keep us interested in zombies.