its a bit small.

mkzombens

start off i love the map actually havent stopped playing it, but just in comparison to green run its small.No bank or fridge again i love it, just was expecting a few skyscrapers and actuall travelling i thought tram maybe. i love all zombies but i thought treyarch was onto something with the big maps and the travelling in between (although waiting for the bus sucks) anyway bit of a moan really shame as the map is siiick.

Soo....did you expect a bigger map or atleast to have more levels of the highrise.

end on a good note the squilifer is very easily built,if anyone needs to do Maxis ee on tranzit add me xbox swanst1991 i know how to do it all just need a 2nd man safe peeps.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I felt that Treyarch made a very great map as well. I'm not the least bit discourage about there being no transportation, fridge or bank; feels just like the good old' Black ops maps with the unique buildables and addition weaponry. You're given the best equipment in extremely tight corridors with maybe a 40% chance of surviving if you know your way around.

Die Rise forces you to work as a team moreso than playing it Solo. It's very easy to dig into the fight, and there are so many opportunities for blazing through rounds, yet becomes more difficult once you realize that spot may no longer be suitable for the amount of zombies you'll be facing. If you like to train, there are a few spots that allow the process to happen without making the location too small or too large. Find a spot, and start slaying.

The whole layout itself is amazing! Vertical maps is not any of our specialties, and Great Leap Forward certainly proves this. You can skip one or two floors simply by dropping down to get "x" weapon or object, but you'll be sacrificing points and a new escape route if you try to settle time against proficiency. The two towers really make a divide and conquer setting for new surroundings. For instance, two players could settle on the top of the hotel while the other two make home to the top floor of the sweatshop. Use the Steam Tramp, and BAM - easy access to both towers and it can even perform as an emergency defense tool.

Getting to the buildables, this map certainly satisfies our needs and wants. No more useless weaponry; with the Steam Tramp and Sliquifier, you'll be having massive fun while slaying zombies. Just think about it - a gun that can spray the floor with soapy goo to make zombies slip & slide while they are a OHK off direct contact is made, and a flipper tool that acts as a launch pad for players and zombies. What other excitement could you possibly be missing here?

Overall, the Die Rise mode works beautifully, and should have been the major mode concept when Black Ops II was in the making. Great Leap Forward is a very unique map with an assortment of challenges and obstacles that will test your ability as a true zombie slayer

I am going to defend this map in several ways :

1. Power and jugg ARE NOT HARD TO GET! I know you didnt complain about it but lets bring it to mind. Green Run and several people have asked for it to be more accesibble and Treyarch listened. So that is a +1.

2. Wonder weapons is easy to get, simple, AND DOESNT BREAK. The sliquifier is one of my new favorite weapons in zombies. It is buildable one round 2 and is a fun and awesome weapon. People wanted better wonderweapons and we got it! +1 for Treyarch

3. Map size is DECENT. True it is not the huge map but honestly, Green run was fun and all but the size was annoying. I can take the fog (tbh it is more of a nuissance than a challenge) but people i play with usually can't so i end up being the last one alive EVERY ROUND. The map is is perfect in my opinion. Just enough room to run hoards (budhha room; more that i could say but dont have a name for :P ).

4. A minus side/plus side for Treyarch: Weapons. The cons: I really cant find box; in the confusion; it is really far away. The pros: THE AN-94, A WEAPONS THAT IS BASICALLY AN AK-74 HAS MADE IT TO ZOMBIES! This is such a winning point that has won over my approval of this game. We have all asked for the AK but this is dam close enough! Another pro: the wonderweapon (already explained why thats awesome!) The PDW.

However i really love what they have done. They are teaching us to use the weapons at our disposal rather than having us use the box which we all know usually leads to hoarding. Now that it is harder to access, we learn to use other weapons. And honestly, I dont use box anymore. Really, i dont. I use AN-94 (PAP), RM870 (PAP), and the sliquifier.

Overall, i think a review or criticism is too early. However, this is undeniably one of my new favorite maps. Yes it is hard and tedious but compared to Green run? Id rather take a "leap" of faith on Die Rise :D

LOOOL some funny replies and tbh i agree ith all of you the map is just as good as the rest if not better. i just thought there would be travelling it puts zombies on a massive scale i liked it.imagine die rise the way it is but there is 5 skyscrapers and we travel with zip wire which would link with the map in bo1 that had zip wire i cnt remember the name but it was a oriental themed map.

I thought your girl friend had hacked your account from the title.

That's what she said.

And I agree that it is a fairly small map when taking it all into account, but really, any map is small once you get to know it. I first though Der Riese was huge when it first came out, but in reality it's not that much bigger than Verruckt!

And the variety of wall weapons this time around is astounding! PDW, AN-94, SVU if you're into that sort of thing, just magnificent. The only real reason to go to the box is for monkey bombs.

The Sliquifier is also a great Wonder Weapon (when only one is being used). Easy to access, fun to use, fair amount of ammo. Heck, if you happen to lose it, it just reappears in the box instead of busting up all over the place! Just a shame that we can't Pack-A-Punch it.

Actually, I'd say there's more playable areas than on Tranzit. Tranzit was basically five places and a lot of empty space. I think Die Rise is, logically speaking, bigger than Tranzit. There seems to be more to Die Rise than to Tranzit.

Just my opinion. I love this map. I love how crazy it is. I think I'm going to have a fun time with this map as we continue to get better with it...

I was in absolute love with die rise at first, because I had NO idea what I was doing and I love that... But once it all became easy to understand I wished they added a third building.... As opposed to the tower building and the mall building.... One more with an arcade, disco, and pool floor.... Still difficult to navigate, but more things to do... And maybe another buildable would be nice... It's too easy to build just the nav card machine, sliquifier(a damn good gun however), and the flipper...

Overall id give it a 9.5

Good: I liked EVERYTHING you built into the map, the verticality, trick ended rooms (loved the tiki bar), the narrow passageways...

The wonder weapon was in the box, WHERE IT SHOULD BE! Yet we still had the fun of building it and sharing it!

It is challenging to get around and tons of fun to play.

Zombies don't all have the same defrence anymore, as juggernaut zombies take 2 knifes (or 1 knife and a couple of shots) on round 1...

Lighting was good, even though we can see the moon!

Wall weapons are fantastic...

Upside down box? LOLOLOLOL

The phd tease was nice, but I wish you could access it some how, like the Easter egg maybe?

Bad: It's a bit smaller then I imagined, but I can get over that...

No helicopter, VERY disappointing, then again the Easter egg... :shock:

Did NOT like the faseing crawlers 2.0... REALLY misleading boss round... But I like how it's just one round and not all the time!

Tombstone seems to be a better perk for this map the who's who?... I hate that perk really... Normally how I die is a mis-step in judgment or being pushed off a ledge, I do go down by zombies but I can usually weave through them.... But when you go down by falling and you have a perk you paid 2000 for, you die then when you can't revive yourself you die again... Which counts as two downs and deaths for your score...

Buildable's parts are way too far away from the flipper's bench... But I guess it doesn't matter, just as long as the peice respawns after one guy's slip.... :?

That one jump from the flipper room to the other building... :evil: damn pillows...

So yeah

i love the map. perks are easily accessible, as well is power & pack-a-punch. the gun is easily build-able and is a great wonder weapon. would be interesting to see it pack-a-punch'd. as for the box, i don't know why people are having difficulty finding it, you only need to open the first door available!

I don't know why anybody even goes for the box in early rounds anymore the AN94 is better than half of the guns in there and will last well into the teens without a PaP. Once it's upgraded it has a 650 round capacity. I've only hit the box twice in all my time in Die Rise.

But I will say it is super easy to get to and you do only have to open one door. (the same can be said of the AN94)

I don't know why anybody even goes for the box in early rounds anymore the AN94 is better than half of the guns in there and will last well into the teens without a PaP. Once it's upgraded it has a 650 round capacity. I've only hit the box twice in all my time in Die Rise.

But I will say it is super easy to get to and you do only have to open one door. (the same can be said of the AN94)

Amen! I love me that sniper rifle!

Honestly, I really like this map. Probably the best since Ascension. I had many complaints about TranZit, and probably the biggest one was how empty it was. Sure, it was "big"... but pointlessly so. It was all wide open space with nothing in it. It was a small map spread out to appear bigger.

Die Rise is fun. Solo and Co-op.

Now if they'd just fix that damn bug where I sometimes randomly go down for no reason at the bottom of that slide to the box room it'll be awesome. After going down and losing 5 perks due to no fault of my own on round 18 I almost don't wanna play it.