Giant footsteps and gate closing at the end of the game?

iKeeganHD

Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet but I haven't seen a post on it yet so I thought I'd make one. At the end of the game when you die, the camera slowly shows a shot of the dragon, nothing special happens at the end of all maps. The thing that stands out is usually there's a song or something at the end but not this time. This time you can hear something that sounds like a giant walking or stomping, it's very loud, you then hear chains and a gate being closed.

Now here is the weird part, I've only ever heard it as Samuel. Usually I'm the host when I play with my friends and usually I'm Samuel, but when I ask them do they hear that noise they say they don't hear a thing, it's very odd. Now this could be nothing but I thought I'd just put it out there. It's my second post so don't be too rough if this is a stupid idea.

I can make a video showing the sound if you guys want me to.

*EDIT* Just played Solo as Marlton and when I ended the game I could hear the sound, no idea why my friends couldn't hear it, could be nothing after all.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might have something to do with the die rise song called when the footsteps die out

The song's actual name is "We All Fall Down."

I hear this sound and the end of every game, regardless of character. I don't know if it matters, but I NEVER host, with the exception of Solo.

Honestly to me it sounds like something slamming into the ground, followed by the closing of a gate. I just don't really feel the idea of a giant.

Here is my take on the ending sequence in Die Rise:

You hear the sound of clicking.

What also makes that clicking?

Jumping Jacks.

So you hear the sound of a Jumping Jack.

What do you hear next?

Footsteps.

Are they getting slowly muffled?

Yes.

What does that mean?

The footsteps are retreating.

Whatever is making them is walking away from your perspective.

So you hear a Jumping Jack followed by retreating footsteps.

Why are the footsteps so steady?

Whoever it is is not scared of the Jumping Jack.

Why would they not be scared?

The Jumping Jack is not a threat.

What biped is capable of steady footsteps?

Humans.

So we hear a Jumping Jack that is no threat with a human walking away.

How could a Jumping Jack be no threat to a human?

It is sedated or contained.

Why is the Jumping Jack not leaping and attacking the human?

It is sedated or contained.

Why does the human not react to the Jumping Jack?

Why does the human simply walk away?

He's seen this before.

What's the sound at the end?

It is the closing of a gate.

If the footsteps are human, why are they so loud?

Your perspective is the point-of-view of the Jumping Jack, which is smaller than a human.

Therefore, the sound effect details the creation/capture of the Jumping Jacks in the Chinese sweatshop to use as test subject. It details a man walking away from a locked up Jumping Jack and closing the gate behind him.

• 1 year later...

Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet but I haven't seen a post on it yet so I thought I'd make one. At the end of the game when you die, the camera slowly shows a shot of the dragon, nothing special happens at the end of all maps. The thing that stands out is usually there's a song or something at the end but not this time. This time you can hear something that sounds like a giant walking or stomping, it's very loud, you then hear chains and a gate being closed.

Now here is the weird part, I've only ever heard it as Samuel. Usually I'm the host when I play with my friends and usually I'm Samuel, but when I ask them do they hear that noise they say they don't hear a thing, it's very odd. Now this could be nothing but I thought I'd just put it out there. It's my second post so don't be too rough if this is a stupid idea.

I can make a video showing the sound if you guys want me to.

*EDIT* Just played Solo as Marlton and when I ended the game I could hear the sound, no idea why my friends couldn't hear it, could be nothing after all.

I actually think it is Brutus. Doesn't he make those jingle sounds and have loud footsteps? And Mob of the Dead was the next map. The ending to Die Rise could have be a little nod to the next zombie map.

Yeah, I'd say it's definitely a reference to Brutus. Cell door slamming, keys jingling - makes me think of MotD for sure.

I remember, though, when we were all so eager to find out what the hell those sounds were initially. Everyone thought it meant some giant boss or something haha.

• 2 weeks later...