SVU - Shadowy Veil Utilizer

Jag

As we all know by now, the only progress we've made with the EE so far is the voices that we get when we purchase the SVU. Now I know that these voices trigger with every sniper, but to me the SVU is the one we need because its the only sniper on the wall (in all the zombies map). Its there for a reason.

Now when you PaP the SVU, the name changes to Shadowy Veil Utilizer. This stands out to me because usually when you PaP a gun itjust changes the guns name to something more bad ass (ex. PDW>>Predictive Death Wish AN94>>Actuated(Cause a machine to operate) Neutralizer). The SVU could be named something like Savagely Vicious Undertaker, but it was given this name

Now lets break the name down. Shadowy,of course, means indistinct or hidden. Veil means "something that hides or obscures". Utilizer means "to make use of : turn to practical use or account". When you put this all together, Shadowy Veil Utilizer turns into Useful for Hidden Things, in laymans terms. This to me is very important. When I think of "veils" or things that are hidden, I think of the fog on Tranzit and of the smoke that you see when looking down in Die Rise.

Obvioulsy the key is using this sniper to find something that is hidden. Take a look around.

\

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can all agree a sniper is necessary for the EE but I don't think the PaPd name will guarantee that. I don't think a name change has ever affected us, just the fact we had to Upgrade (Like the Baby Gun in SR-La, Wave Gun in Moon) but nice suggestion!

And most often the hints will be given in the Radios, quotes or even map textures, not weapon names.

Have you upgraded it enough to see all the possible attachments for it. It might be possible to get a thermal sight. The thermal sight could allow you to see EE items when looking through it.

Like objects emmiting energy?

Exactly. Thermal energy is a form of energy that is not visible to the naked eye, but if you have thermal optics you can see it.

Can you get a thermal DSR? I know you can't with the barrett. I think we're forgetting there are TWO sides to the EE; If you get the SVU, Maxis speaks and if you get the DSR/Barrett, Richtofen speaks. So maybe the SVU Is the Maxis weapon? Just a thought.

Not that it matters but isn't the SVU & DSR German in origin? I may need to re-watch some XboxAhoy. I think the Barrett's american but i'm no expert. Again, off topic just would be coincidental.. It could have been the XPR/Ballista..

Can you get a thermal DSR? I know you can't with the barrett. I think we're forgetting there are TWO sides to the EE; If you get the SVU, Maxis speaks and if you get the DSR/Barrett, Richtofen speaks. So maybe the SVU Is the Maxis weapon? Just a thought.

Not that it matters but isn't the SVU & DSR German in origin? I may need to re-watch some XboxAhoy. I think the Barrett's american but i'm no expert. Again, off topic just would be coincidental.. It could have been the XPR/Ballista..

I believe this is incorrect. They all speak no matter what sniper you get. Like on Tranzit though, Richtofen can only be heard by Samuel if Samuel purchases it.

No and Edward speaks when you get the SVU, but only Stu can hear him.

Well, same applied for Green Run, right? Up until you chose Maxis over Richtofen, he would talk to Stu. Maxis speaks to the whole group, which would make sense as to why I thought it was only him.

So, is this (possibly) the first step set in stone, much like Green Run? The one where you decide who's side to take? In green run, turn power off; Maxis. Keep it on; Richtofen

Well, same applied for Green Run, right? Up until you chose Maxis over Richtofen, he would talk to Stu. Maxis speaks to the whole group, which would make sense as to why I thought it was only him.

So, is this (possibly) the first step set in stone, much like Green Run? The one where you decide who's side to take? In green run, turn power off; Maxis. Keep it on; Richtofen

Watch samdaman118 on Youtube. He has 4 steps posted already.