A few reminders about posting, naming, and sections!

Tac

• Administrators

Hey guys Tac here with a reminder, the new map pack is out and conversations are through the roof! Keep it up guys, but a few pointers that should be made:

1. Properly refer to each part of the game please! From what I can tell, the map is named Great Leap Forward, but the mode is named Die Rise. Please keep that in mind :)

2. If you are talking about the game mode itself, Die Rise, then post in the Die Rise section.

3. If you are discussing the weapons, perks, or things like that, please post in the Great Leap Forward strategy section.

4. If you are discussing the radios, characters, and storyline related aspects, please post in the Great Leap Forward storyline section.

Each and every thread, 235 at this moment, in the Die Rise section will be looked at and moved accordingly so save us the trouble and just post it there to begin with! Thanks guys, happy gaming :)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Tac buddy~!

one thing i've noticed though, the blops 2 store actually refers to the map name as "Die Rise" which makes me think.... perhaps Great Leap Forward is like a mission name? since this is supposedly the "campaign" so perhaps the map name is Die Rise, and the mission is Great Leap Forward? idk its confusing how theyve named them.

Other thing i have contemplated is Nuketown zombies location says Nevada USA, but Green Run says North America, and Die Rise doesnt really specify a location. I'm assuming this is due to the fact that at the time nuketown zombies takes place Nevada and USA are still in existance, whereas after the moon rockets hit earth, governments and countries cease to exist.

just some food for thought

I brought up something to MMX yesterday while me and him played the map Die Rise and he took a look at it and basically I don't want to say the word confirmed but he agreed to what I was thinking and that is, after you choose Great Leap Forward from the Globe and then when your on the screen to select Die Rise take a look there for a moment okay. We have a 3 building for Die Rise. Well notice how some of the other buildings on that screen are a little more bold look while others are greyed out basically looking like scenery. We were thinking that maybe in the future there will be more buildings to choose from on Great Leap Forward and thats why buildings on the right and left look a little more discerned then the grayed out scenery style buildings on the screen. :) Think about it (please don't just brush it off its just something to keep in the back of your mind as a possibility).

FYI: Die Rise when on loading up specifies Province 22 and its location on the cutscene on the globe is Chine.

I brought up something to MMX yesterday while me and him played the map Die Rise and he took a look at it and basically I don't want to say the word confirmed but he agreed to what I was thinking and that is, after you choose Great Leap Forward from the Globe and then when your on the screen to select Die Rise take a look there for a moment okay. We have a 3 building for Die Rise. Well notice how some of the other buildings on that screen are a little more bold look while others are greyed out basically looking like scenery. We were thinking that maybe in the future there will be more buildings to choose from on Great Leap Forward and thats why buildings on the right and left look a little more discerned then the grayed out scenery style buildings on the screen. :) Think about it (please don't just brush it off its just something to keep in the back of your mind as a possibility).

FYI: Die Rise when on loading up specifies Province 22 and its location on the cutscene on the globe is Chine.

That is something to think about, and it aslo agrees with the fact that the diner was blacked out in green run, but you couldn't see the power station *or atleast, I haven't* and they later added a game mode to that map. Its possible that in the future we will have the same option with the great leap forward map area.

I have only been here for a short while so feel free to kick my opinion to the curb (i won't be insulted), but the more you try to seperate the glf and die rise bits, the more confusion you create.

Put it all under die rise or glf until another map gives you a reason to move it around. This has already caused me confusion during the last map.

Please leave well enough alone until necessary.

My $.02. Again feel free to ignore this post, I am really easy going...

I have only been here for a short while so feel free to kick my opinion to the curb (i won't be insulted), but the more you try to seperate the glf and die rise bits, the more confusion you create.

Put it all under die rise or glf until another map gives you a reason to move it around. This has already caused me confusion during the last map.

Its always nice to see a new member *not that I have anything as far as seniority on this site, was a shadow dweller with intent on joining untill I saw a post that I wanted to say something about and joined. Been an active member since even if I don't have live* sorry, ranted a little bit. I do agree that we should either have it all as die rise, or all as great leap forward instead of both, though the way this site is set up I doubt it will happen, just need time to get everybody used to what goes where according to what the moderators want, because the people are not gonna get it right 100% of the time, so we do need some uniform guidence.guidance. again, welcome to the site

• Administrators

The Die Rise may even be deleted, no real need for it. Great Leap Forward separation is practically necessary (in my eyes), so if anything was to go, it'd be the Die Rise section.

Thanks Tac buddy~!

one thing i've noticed though, the blops 2 store actually refers to the map name as "Die Rise" which makes me think.... perhaps Great Leap Forward is like a mission name? since this is supposedly the "campaign" so perhaps the map name is Die Rise, and the mission is Great Leap Forward? idk its confusing how theyve named them.

Other thing i have contemplated is Nuketown zombies location says Nevada USA, but Green Run says North America, and Die Rise doesnt really specify a location. I'm assuming this is due to the fact that at the time nuketown zombies takes place Nevada and USA are still in existance, whereas after the moon rockets hit earth, governments and countries cease to exist.

just some food for thought

I have started looking at BO2 zombies as chapters. They know we dwell on storyline so why not add chapter titles? Green Run was a clever take on the buildables and the fact that everything kind of revolved around the new world atmosphere. (If you jog instead of taking a bus, you have saved the world energy, at least on your part) Great Leap Forward was a play on the fact that we spend most of our time jumping around the map, and PINAZ's thread solidifies this by history. These are chapters, not map names. I mean, look at the fact that we have a comic book for a loading screen, doesn't this point towards it?

• 1 month later...

actually theres only two buildings in the game mode Die Rise, the upside down building is snapped off the spawn building, hence its upside down,.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...