Stu, The Cultists, And The Flesh

Taklok

Science has failed us, he has abandoned us, in this new world we have, we alone can light the way, hear our words, feed our call, there is but one path to enlightenment, just as they would consume us, we must consume them, we are the living and we are the dead, we are the flesh and the flesh is us, we will not starve, we will thrive.

This is a radio quote from Die Rise. This is from the leader of a cult, supposedly attempting to form a new world order. Their answer?

Eat the zombies' flesh.

However, I don't think this is a recent broadcast. It can't be. This is a message, somehow saved, from when society started falling apart. Naturally, Samuel is a conspiracy theorist. He doesn't trust the government, and I get the feeling he would prefer to listen to groups who like this that would form their own government, but more importantly, survive.

In a time where society is collapsing, who are you going to listen to in order to survive? A government that is falling apart, or the cult that claims they know how to survive the epidemic, especially if you don't trust your government in the first place? I believe Samuel would have chosen the cult. He did what he said, and he ate The Flesh.

This is a still from the new opening cinematic for Die Rise. It is a very quick frame. This was specifically taken from the NGTZombies Cinematic/Loading Screen Breakdown video. This frame takes place while Samuel is talking about how the group cannot find out what he did. This doesn't appear to me to be a zombie. This appears to me that it is indeed Samuel, eating the arm of a zombie.

Feel free to discuss or add to these findings. This is just something I happened to come across, and it all started making sense after I thought about it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word enlightenment strikes me, seems Illuminati related almost. I can't be certain, but that's my initial thoughts. Very interesting, thank you for posting.

No problem. I thought of the Illuminati also, but I don't think it is them. Something just doesn't seem right in my head about that.

• Administrators

The word enlightenment strikes me, seems Illuminati related almost. I can't be certain, but that's my initial thoughts. Very interesting, thank you for posting.

No problem. I thought of the Illuminati also, but I don't think it is them. Something just doesn't seem right in my head about that.

I understand exactly what to mean. So would you suggest that this new organization or cult is newly formed, or an old one that once appeared in zombies before now? Based on your OP, it appears you believe this was already created?

I only ask because we've got organizations like the Vril-ya, Majestic-12, the Illuminati, etc., and I am curious if you think that any of these are involved in the radio.

I understand exactly what to mean. So would you suggest that this new organization or cult is newly formed, or an old one that once appeared in zombies before now? Based on your OP, it appears you believe this was already created?

I only ask because we've got organizations like the Vril-ya, Majestic-12, the Illuminati, etc., and I am curious if you think that any of these are involved in the radio.

Honestly, I have absolutely no clue what to make of it. I'm guessing though, that it is indeed a new organization, taking advantage, and rising up to gain power, OR it's the Illuminati. I just don't see the Illuminati as the people eating The Flesh. I see them as the ones saying they can light the way, it's just the part about eating the flesh.

• Administrators

remember that one human you had to send to the beam of light on call of the dead? we had to change him from a zombie to a human, im thinkin Stu is one too :?:

It wouldn't be the case, because the V-R 11 resurrects them from the dead, hence the PaP'ed name "Lazarus". Stuhlinher wouldn't be someone to be re-animated back into himself, and it doesn't exactly make sense. The decoy in the Call of the Dead Easter Egg was sent into a portal (most likely the Aether) after being killed off.

Samuel is now the prime suspect of the Twilight Zone. For what reason would he be a part of such a cult to eat zombie/human flesh? I understand that if the crew were to figure this out, they'd see him as some kind of infected person and leave/kill him on the spot. For all we know, he could be infected in some way.

Simple. Survival. He wanted to survive, therefore, he followed the cult's instructions so he COULD survive. After all, it would have been the only guidance he would have had. His tone in the cinematic almost sounds as if he regretted eating the flesh, to be honest.

remember that one human you had to send to the beam of light on call of the dead? we had to change him from a zombie to a human, im thinkin Stu is one too :?:

It wouldn't be the case, because the V-R 11 resurrects them from the dead, hence the PaP'ed name "Lazarus". Stuhlinher wouldn't be someone to be re-animated back into himself, and it doesn't exactly make sense. The decoy in the Call of the Dead Easter Egg was sent into a portal (most likely the Aether) after being killed off.

Samuel is now the prime suspect of the Twilight Zone. For what reason would he be a part of such a cult to eat zombie/human flesh? I understand that if the crew were to figure this out, they'd see him as some kind of infected person and leave/kill him on the spot. For all we know, he could be infected in some way.

well i didnt really mean he was that same one lol but after seeing the cutscene...it gives ME the imppression that he was a zombie sumhow and now a human. idk wat to make of it, it kinda brings more questions

The one thing that bothers me is the tone of the cultist and his reference towards their leader.

The cult is connected to Richtofen, but when the cultist leader says "He has abandoned us", it makes me think they no longer care for Richtofen. I seem to be on a role today with this thought, but, I wonder if they have given into another power.

I have not done the easter egg or anything yet, but I heard people saying that you can hear Richtofen moaning and asking Samuel for help. I don't know if it is true, but it would make sense if my theory is right.

If Richtofen is losing power, the cult is gaining power, Richtofen is losing influence with the cult, and the cult turns elsewhere for guidance, is this a major turning point in zombies?

Is Samuel needed because he can stop the cult? Is Samuel the cult( Although, I dont think Samuel would be the "he" referenced)?

Am I in the ballpark?

I must say, I like how they are elaborating on Samuel and his importance to the story. Treyarch could have just switched characters to hear Edward, but they stuck to Samuel. They had this planned from the start, as evidenced by his name literally meaning God Heard in Hebrew. At first I disliked Samuel, but after taking time to play as him and listen to his quotes, he seems like an all around swell character. He has certainly rocketed as my new favorite character.

• Administrators

The man talking sounds very similiar to the man in the Green Run transmissions, he also mentioned the flesh. Maybe same voice actor but I don't think so.

It's actually a different person; George Barkley from Druid Hills, GA. The person who describes the symptoms of those that were infected. He was part of the CDC, and took note of the effects the infected had. Also, he mentioned some of them who survived the outbreak began to have...rather interesting characteristics. But that's for a different thread.

He may have been part of this cult.. he does mention being hungry a lot of Greenrun.

However I think it is something more than just this.

I think that he is, in some respects a zombie.

Now, Richtofen seems to only be able to talk to Stuhlinger, and he also commands the zombies.

The CDC radio mentions that the zombie virus is spread by air, loads of people are carrying it, right?

So, my theory is is that Samuel is rapidly turning into a zombie, causing him to fail over and over again, as he becomes un able to follow simple (maybe) instructions, as can be seen in the first cinimatic for Die Rise 'I don't understand'.

This is likely happening to all the people can Richtofen is manipulating

Simple. Survival. He wanted to survive, therefore, he followed the cult's instructions so he COULD survive. After all, it would have been the only guidance he would have had. His tone in the cinematic almost sounds as if he regretted eating the flesh, to be honest.

I believe because eathing The Flesh, it's causing Stu to hear those other Zombie noises while playing. Other voices only Stu can hear besides Richtofen. And honestly, it's really annoying to play as Stu now. Who wouldn't regret something they did and now hear weird-ass moaning all the time?

Going back to the comment made earlier about the Illuminati, maybe Richtofen is trying to contact Illuminati survivors through Samuel?

As for this post, Stuhlingers background is starting to intrege me more and more. I thought Marlton would be the one hiding the secrets, but this doesn't seem to be the case (at least not yet).

Also, I made a post about this too, which i'll just paste here because it's easier:

So, as many of you are aware of the opening cutscene for Die Rise and what its about, i'll just cut straight to the chase (i'll paste the link at the bottom for those that don't know).

In the cutscene, Sammy says "No, you can't tell them about the flesh! They'd kill me if they knew..."

So what does this mean? Well, to me it seems likely that Sammy is hiding something pretty big from the others and only Richtofen knows what it is, and he's using it to blackmail him. What are your thoughts guys?

What do you guys think?

Tac I believe me and you are on the same page. I am all over the place on these forums talking about all kinds of things and most of my topics or comments get lost in the haze. Actually alot of things I predicted are proving to be true.

not tryin to toot my own horn just very proud ha.

But yes... there are 2 aspects of this storyline that we are overlooking entirely. These 2 things are the Vril, and the Illuminati.

We are all over the place with wild theories as a community and are forgetting the original story that was unfolding before the real and in game time gap since B.O. 1. Richtofen was an agent of the Illuminati and Richtofen heard the Vril voices in his head.

I have been waiting for these elements to surface and it seems they are but in new interesting ways. I believe that because Stuhlinger was in this "cult" at one point he was made to eat the flesh or chose to. I also believe this "cult" to be remnants of the secret society known as "illuminati" or "enlightened ones" which really refers to their quest for knowledge and seeking understanding. I believe that early on in the social decay that factions were formed as naturally as they would if a large natural disaster really happened, and people began turning on eachother. The CDC was lost for some reason but the "former" director still goes on record saying that people exposed to air borne contaminations (115) are starting to experience symptoms (that he is experiencing)that eventually lead to suicidal or homicidal actions towards other survivors, even noting the "hidden agenda".

I believe that after this was broadcast people went on a witch hunt for people who were "sick" which initially forced them into hiding individually but eventually they banded together to survive for obvious reasons. Its no secret that these people are clearly showing signs of "turning" if only on a minute level as they begin to lose their humanity and obviously can start to hear richtofens voice and feel his influence.

Basically once richtofen convinces people that eating the flesh will nourish them and grant them favor from a "god", they ingest more 115 and become even more suseptable to his influence and he then controls them. Richtofen needs only "loyal subjects" to share his knowledge with and do his bidding.

Like previous to the apocolypse i believe these cultists actively infiltrate organizations and surviving groups to be ready for orders from their leader.

Stuhlinger wont tell his compadres about his past crimes because of the reasons behind the actions not just the actions. They seem to know already that he eats or has eaten flesh from zombies. Perhaps the reason he was eating was to inherit the voice of richtofen to become an agent of his cult following.

he doesn't even need to corespond with richtofen only be in the right place and be ready for orders.

How the Vril come into the story is yet to be discovered I wont speculate too much on that as i havent explored the map yet.

Sorry for long winded-ness I just wanted to be clear on what my theory was.

Perhaps the 115 the O4 were exposed too (including Richtofen who worked with a lot of 115) made them immune to the disease, as it sees although you can become infected from simple overexposure- perhaps a little Walking Dead style, whereas everyone is infected.

This could mean the new crew are also infected, and they are definately at least worried (I can remember Marlton saying in one quote something like "If i'm infected now, i'll know who to blame!" after killing a zombie that hit him)which could also have huge ripples on other survivors from previous maps.

I am of course talking about the celebrities from CoTD and the 'Five'survivors, which coudl explain they're fates as they were all exposed to 115 and therefore likely became zombified shortly after. Jsut a thought :)

Perhaps the 115 the O4 were exposed too (including Richtofen who worked with a lot of 115) made them immune to the disease, as it sees although you can become infected from simple overexposure- perhaps a little Walking Dead style, whereas everyone is infected.

This could mean the new crew are also infected, and they are definately at least worried (I can remember Marlton saying in one quote something like "If i'm infected now, i'll know who to blame!" after killing a zombie that hit him)which could also have huge ripples on other survivors from previous maps.

I am of course talking about the celebrities from CoTD and the 'Five'survivors, which coudl explain they're fates as they were all exposed to 115 and therefore likely became zombified shortly after. Jsut a thought :)

The o4 will defienntly come back at some point and stop Samuel (controlled by Richtofen). The CDC radio explains that people are turning just by breathing air (airborne desease). I think that Samuel Stuhlinger and his group continue to fail at completing Richtofen's bidding, due to them turning. Richtofen (or the vrill/iluminati controlling him) then teleport them back in time to try again. This explains why, in the opening cinimatic to Die Rise, after they get teleported to the start of the map, Russ (and the others) are still alive. Samuel then says 'Have I been here?' (or something along those lines). This suggests them slowly regaining their memory, similarly to the o4.

Actually, I may have just made a discovery. In the link below is a video that shows the radio message from the head of the CDC (who's name I can't remember but is Gary something I believe). He warns people of the symptoms of people who have been infected, and this is where the interesting thing lies. He warns that people who have extreme paranoia or a secret agenda of their own are likely infected. Now who do we know who has both these symptoms?

Samuel Stuhlinger.

Think about it- in part because of his conspiracy theorist days, but also in part because of the end of the world scenario, Sammy is an EXTREMELY paranoid person. However, we also know that he is hearing the 'German guy' (Richtofen of course) in his head, and that this voice is telling him he has to do something. This could mean Stuhlinger has entered the zombification stage, and once the task is complete then his zombification will also be complete.

If this is true, then does that mean that every zombie was set a similar task by the demonic announcer before teir zombification was complete? This could have been something like travel to here, so they would be there when the survivors arrive amd Richtofen/ Samantha (whoever the demonic announcer is at the time) has an army ready? We also have another person who suffered from the voices, Yuri from Ascension. With Yuri however, it was Samantha that controlled him confirming that she too had this power.

If any of the above theory is true (I do realise it seems a little far-fetched) then it could have massive implications in the zombies story and explain a lot of loose ends.

• Administrators

@MNM1995, here's the full transcript of the radio: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=11929&p=104933#p104933

George Barkley: Attention all on this channel. This is George Barkley, former Assistant Director of the CDC facility in Druid Hills, Georgia. Prior to the destruction of our headquarters, our research found evidence that contaminants are now infecting the very air we breathe. As such, exposure of some sort appears inevitable for all survivors. Symptoms are variable, but most subjects display short term memory loss, psychosis, delusion, and paranoia. Short term memory loss has also been reported, but as of yet, I have been unable to confirm this.

We advise all individuals to monitor their fellow survivors, for the signs of the above symptoms! Paranoia in particular! Ask yourself, are those closest to you really who you think they are? Are they following a secret agenda? Are they, perhaps, plotting against you? The dangers presented by such symptoms cannot be overstated. It is with deep sadness that I myself was forced to euthanize fourteen members of my own team. My condolences to their families. I hope this message serves as a warning to all survivors. We must all do whatever it takes, to ensure our future as a species. Thank you.