Moaning in Stuhlingers Head?

kevrunb

Wow, Die Rise is one hell of a map but I have come to present this post because I was recently playing Die Rise with a couple of my friends and I was playing as the character Stuhlinger. Now as I progressed through the round I stared to hear moaning, I thought it was a zombie until I realized It kept happening. As the rounds passed it sounded like the moans became more recent and painful to the victim. I derped out and forgot to ask my friends if they heard it as well. I'm not to sure what this possibly could be but I think I have a reasonable theory. Possibly, just possibly this moaning is Richtofen, I believe that Richtofen can no longer handle the power of the Ether and it is overpowering him. This is just my theory so no hate, please give me feedback on what you guys think it is.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at it this way. He has teleported the group to CHINA from AMERICA, this no doubt takes a lot 115 energy. On top of all that he differs from Samantha in so many ways. First off, Samantha was a little girl who had time to get used to controlling the zombies, Richtofen was shoved into the MPD very suddenly and he is grown man. Second off, Samantha was using small concentrated groups of zombies, Richtofen on the other hand if controlling a global, multinational outbreak. Richtofen is also doing something Samantha never did, which is getting into the minds of people. On top of this, if the opening cenematic is telling us the characters are on constant repeat, Richtofen is constantly reviving people. Overall who knows how long it's been since Richtofen's last 115 charge up. He has to be getting tired.

A lot of people are saying it's Richtofen. At first I thought it was, now, I'm not so sure.

Why does he sound like that, yet when people pick up drops or activate easter egg steps he sounds normal?

In the first easter egg step Richtofen mentions finding souls before Maxis gets his hands on them, I personally believe that these moans and groans are "the voices" of those souls, and this would lead you to the next step.

It's also because the moans can only be heard at some points in the map, it isn't constant, and some places are much louder than others.

A lot of people are saying it's Richtofen. At first I thought it was, now, I'm not so sure.

Why does he sound like that, yet when people pick up drops or activate easter egg steps he sounds normal?

In the first easter egg step Richtofen mentions finding souls before Maxis gets his hands on them, I personally believe that these moans and groans are "the voices" of those souls, and this would lead you to the next step.

It's also because the moans can only be heard at some points in the map, it isn't constant, and some places are much louder than others.

But why Samuel then? He was the only one to hear richtofen in tranzit.

I agree that he should sound hurt during pick ups and whatnot, but this could have been added later. Games aren't real congruent sometimes and Treyargh has sucked at game programming (not hating, just obvious).

Isn't that voice the Aether demon?

MMX made a thread about how Richtofen can give and take life. If the team fails, he sends them to the past, when they haven't died. But, why does Richtofen sends the zombies to kill the N4 if he is going to revive them?

There are 2 minds in the Pyramid. Richtofen, and the demon.

Richtofen wants an Earth without humans. The demon wants to destroy the planet. How?

With the help of the N4. So, maybe Richtofen and the demon made a pact: The demon will be restarting the time until all the towers he wants are powered by the N4. For this, he needs Richtofen to send zombies so the demon gains power with the 115 and with it, start again if something fails.

• Administrators

I've never heard such moaning like that before. If it is Richtofen, then he's really starting to get the creep factor in very well. These sound like agonizing moans almost; as if someone is being tormented. I can see why it would bother Samuel. Perhaps it's the same forces that Richtofen heard before being in control.

Is it just me or does Treyach love f*cking with the player? Ever since Verruckt, if you stop and listen, you will get creeped out. I love it but at the same time it can be really troubling, especially during those late nights with the lights out when I'm just trying to roam around and piece things together...

I'm glad you pointed that out because I was starting to think the same thing. no idea how to go about collecting them though.