Richtofen Can Give and Take Life

MysteryMachineX

Hello all. My last theory was the Maxis A.I. Which some of you might've heard of. However, I'm better known for my storyline you can see in my signature. Well you might be wondering: is Russman dead? This doesn't make sense! Well I have a theory that solves it.

First, let's see the dialogue of the intro scene for Solo:

Stuhlanger: "I don't understand."

Richtofen: *garbled voice*

Stuhlanger: "Why are you doing this? Why me?"

Stuhlanger: "Travel where? Don't you get it? There's nothing left!"

Stuhlanger: "Woah... How did you...?"

Stuhlanger: "What? What do you mean 'mend the rift'?"

Stuhlanger: "Well maybe I don't wanna, huh. Did you think of that?"

Stuhlanger: "No, you can't tell them about the flesh! What I did... They'd kill me if they knew! Ah sh*t!"

Russman: "If you're gonna talk to your imaginary friend, Stu, you might want to wait until you're in a Z-free zone! *screams; death*"

Misty: "Stupid-ger! Get over here! Now!"

Marlton: "Come on! Come on!"

Stuhlanger: "What do we do now?"

Misty: "We arm up, find a good place to defend, kick *ss, and that's it."

Richtofen: *semi-garbled voice* Accept your fate! Begin anew!"

Stuhlanger: "I don't understand!"

Marlton: "What are you talking about Stuhlanger? Misty made it pretty clear!"

Richtofen: "Accept your fate! Begin anew!"

Misty: "If we're going down, we're going down fighting! Ah! *screams; death*"

Stuhlanger: "Have we been here before?"

So it is pretty clear that this garbled voice is Richtofen, given the end. We know that Samantha could raise and lower the pitch of her voice at will. Thus far, Richtofen has used his normal voice. I believe what we are now seeing is him being able to control his voice, coupled with the fact that he can talk so that only Stuhlanger can hear him.

Many people have seen Russman die. Does this mean that we are going to get a new character? Not so fast. When we play the game, we see that we do indeed have Russman. Furthermore, look at the end of the intro scene. Russman is there. Wait a minute. How is Russman there? He just died. But think about it. They ALL died. They reappeared with the same purple flash of light that Richtofen used to bring them there.

Therefore, it is only logical to conclude that Richtofen has the power to bring them back to life if they fail, all in an attempt to get his goal completed.

Begin anew.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the qoutes about deja-vu and Maxis saying he's been searching for decades in tranzit makes more sense now. They were probably trying to activate that tower in Green run for years before they finally got it done.

That would explain why they know each other, but they don't know too much about each other. They simply never had the time because of constant movement/dying.

• Administrators

Are you certain that is the case, or could it be a time-reversal?

You see, the way the intro shows it, what's going on immediately is what occurs after the crew has spent time in Die Rise already. Thus, Russman dies and only the three remain. But shortly after they go down the elevator, you see them all reappear. I don't think it's a revival effect going on with Richtofen, but more of playing right before they are swarmed.

The intro is actually the epilogue of Die Rise. There is no time-bending; Richtofen spoke directly to Samuel to do something, yet Samuel is afraid of telling the crew about "the flesh". What this means exactly, I am not too sure. But Samuel is the key component; Richtofen does not need to mind the others as long as he has one follow doing his every bidding.

No no. The intro clearly shows that Richtofen brings them over there. So the intro establishes that the intro itself is directly after Green Run. Therefore the map is after the intro.

Also, notice the line "Have we been here before?" They retain a fragment of their memory, but only a deja vu kind of thing like the first poster said.

No no. The intro clearly shows that Richtofen brings them over there. So the intro establishes that the intro itself is directly after Green Run. Therefore the map is after the intro.

Also, notice the line "Have we been here before?" They retain a fragment of their memory, but only a deja vu kind of thing like the first poster said.

Deja vu... Deja vu! Characters mention it in Green Run as well!

• Administrators

But why would Richtofen want to re-bring them back? I could understand if they were doomed, and he'd only want to "resurrect" them so they could complete his steps. But what interests me is Samuel's quote about "manning the rift". While this remains true, bear in mind the elevator sound that we hear once the the match is finished. I can't help but recall when they had just gotten out the elevator after leaving the dying Russman behind. The doors never closed after them in the intro.

It does seem right that they were teleported by Richtofen somehow to China, because Samuel says something along the lines of "Where else is there left to go?" and BAM - they end up in China.

Stuhlinger: "How...how did you do that?"

Remember the same quote about deja-vu was said in Green Run?

I think that Richtofen can rewind time back the the start of their 'mission' if they fail. However, they can hardly remember their past experiences, although Samuel does say 'Have I been here before?' (or something along those lines.

As said above, this would explain why Maxis has been searching for decades to find them, but also why they do not know each other very well in Greenrun/TranZit.

AWESOME!

So glad they added a storyline cinimatic!

I think people are misinterpreting the gargled voice.

I have a feeling that the gargled voice is a 3rd party (the Vrill or whatever they are called).

I think that the aliens are involved now because they mention "mending the rift."

That rift was created by richtofen so there's a possibility they are trying to set things straight again.

Also got a feeling that by the end DLC there will be alien weaponry.

• Administrators

I have a feeling that the gargled voice is a 3rd party (the Vrill or whatever they are called).

I think that the aliens are involved now because they mention "mending the rift."

That rift was created by richtofen so there's a possibility they are trying to set things straight again.

The voice turns into Richtofen's once they get on the lower floor.

"[inaudible] begin anew!"

The voice turns into Richtofen's once they get on the lower floor.

"[inaudible] begin anew!"

"Accept your fate! Begin anew!"

I am still more convinced about the third party theory. There's something bigger going on that we can't see just yet, that's what I think.

But why would Richtofen want to re-bring them back? I could understand if they were doomed, and he'd only want to "resurrect" them so they could complete his steps. But what interests me is Samuel's quote about "manning the rift". While this remains true, bear in mind the elevator sound that we hear once the the match is finished. I can't help but recall when they had just gotten out the elevator after leaving the dying Russman behind. The doors never closed after them in the intro.

It does seem right that they were teleported by Richtofen somehow to China, because Samuel says something along the lines of "Where else is there left to go?" and BAM - they end up in China.

Stuhlinger: "How...how did you do that?"

Remember the same quote about deja-vu was said in Green Run?

Richtofen NEEDS them to fix the world. He REQUIRES them. When they die, he needs to bring them back because honestly, they're his last hope.

Samuel says "mend the rift", not manning. It's one syllable.

In the intro, they spawn on top of the building. They get into the elevator. they go down. They fight. In game however, you spawn on top of the building, which aligns with the last scene.

I think this is more devil's advocate than anything, because you see Russman die and then come back in the intro... so... yeah.

As for the the implications on Green Run, I've said nothing thus far because that has yet to been decided, at least for me.

I think that Richtofen can rewind time back the the start of their 'mission' if they fail. However, they can hardly remember their past experiences, although Samuel does say 'Have I been here before?' (or something along those lines.

As said above, this would explain why Maxis has been searching for decades to find them, but also why they do not know each other very well in Greenrun/TranZit.

AWESOME!

So glad they added a storyline cinimatic!

If he rewound time, they shouldn't have the deja vu. I mean, it is POSSIBLE for Treyarch to do that, but it is not possible if staying strict to solid fact.

I'm unsure about the implications to Green Run. Honestly, I'd have to think through it a bit more.

I thought that too at first, however, after listening to the voice many many times in the intro repeatedly, you see it is Richtofen. He speaks garbled. Then he speaks garbled but intelligible enough you can understand the words. Then Samuel goes "I don't understand." Then Richtofen clears his throat, so to speak, and repeats the message.

Samantha was a nice little girl before being corrupted into what she is now. We all thought Richtofen was funny in Green Run. But what is Richtofen going to be corrupted into...?

Btw, aliens are a part of the story; just minor roles thus far though.

Rift-Chasm

Mend-Fix

Fix the Chasm

High Maintenance-Be the architect of their instruction.

Interesting.

This is pretty much my thoughts, except I believe that Richtofen instead rewinded time to around the moment the four first arrived there, thus meaning he can keep doing this until his intentions are met.

While that is not unsound, that leaves unexplained the deja vu. I don't know. You may be correct in that. In fact, I never specify HOW he gave them life. But somehow or another, he did. The mechanism is unknown. Time travel... eh maybe. Some power of Aether? Maybe. *shrug*

Well as for how he teleported them there like that, I believe that seeing as he was a master of teleportation before entering the aether, I believe he has took that gift with him and perfected it to allow him to teleport anyone anywhere. This could have massive implications in future maps, however I also believe that this is what he used to bring them back- kind of like they were in the aether, dead, and he teleported them back in time (which we know he can do from Black Ops 1) to the point they first arrived there. Then, similar to how Dempsey, Takeo and Nikolai began to regain their memory, these new characters retain some memory of their lif before, hence the deja vu. Thoughts?

Also, i'm beginning to think the O4 are dead, seeing as there is thus far no info on their whereabouts and Richtofen seemed saddened in TranZit when mentioning them. However, if my teleportation theory above is true, Richtofen could teleport them off the Moon and back to Earth to complete another easter egg for him. Who knows, maybe this is the easter egg for this map? I guess we'll soon find out, but I think Die Rise is going to be an important map for the story.

Good stuff goin on in here. good old fashioned brainstorming.... howevery I believe personally that there is 2 main plausibilities.

1. that was an "ending at the beginning" like some movies, games and books like to do sometimes.

2. There in fact is a "rift" between timelines and we are in fact as alot of people theorized MULTIPLE timelines that need to be mended back to one.

I have not seen too much but this is my theory so far.

I'm guessing that the method is probably not time travel for one reason:

The bank and the fridge. If time were rewound, these would be empty. It's relatively obvious that whatever Richtofen did here he also did in Green Run multiple times. The fridge and bank stay constant, so he is only affecting the player characters.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the idea that the whole intro could have been a "vision" that richtofen gave stuhlinger to coax him into submission. As if he doesn't comply then he or one of his partners will die.

The story is beginning to get very interesting. After hearing the former CDC radio transmissions and all that on the TV it seems we have a surviving population and warring factions. Awesome.