"We All Fall Down" Song Analysis

Rissole25

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main thing that screams plague is the first line "Xenopsylla Cheopis MDCLXV." however, when I first heard the song I didn't know what X. Cheopis meant. I knew that MDCLXV translated to 1665 but I didn't know that year's significance.

Anyway, so when I heard the song for the first time with no idea of plague in my mind, this was my understanding iLife the song. And who knows, maybe this still holds substance.

We all fall down: We ALL literally fall down (dead), in other words total apocalypse.

It will end in flashes: literal flashes of light from Nuclear weapon detonation

We will choke on ashes: nuclear blasts will reduce everything to ashes.

Also this is supported by some of the last few lines

Until it crashes

And the atom smashes

That was just my first impression.

Amazing thread by the way.

But until it crashes - Element 115 Missile

and the atom smashes - 115 Explosion

All our minds will just fade away - We'll die and become one of them.

It will end in flashes - The Flashes of the Nuclear Bomb

and we'll choke on Ashes - The Nuclear Fallout

And we'll fall - Human Extinction to Explosion or Radiation

I think this has to do with the ending to Nuketown Zombies. In the ending, you see a Element 115 missile heading for Nuketown. The "it" in The first phrase refers to the missile. The missile crashes to Nuketown and fades to black. Apparently, it means that Nuketown is part of the Moon Easter Egg. Since the missiles are launched on moon, the three missiles are sent to three locations, and Nuketown is one of them. The player is killed/eliminated and the explosion finishes the game, since the missile is filled with Element 115, it would make the players into zombies, thus making things worse. The infection will never be rid of. There is a possibility, like the Syringe, used to revive other players. The cure in the game will never be found, thus making zombies "never-ending". That's my interpretation. Credit to oM(srry, I forgot the rest of ur username). Also, your interpretation was well put and said.

Just remember that until is a keyword.

So until these things happen, than I'll minds will just fade away. It's why I didn't go the missile direction (not saying it's wrong), because it doesn't sound right.

Until these missiles hit, our minds will fade away? So if when the missiles hit, our minds won't fade away?

I dunno haha!

As for the cure, it is a weak point to work with, but I do think this is where the CDC and CIA come into it, maybe even why the V-R11 changes a zombie into a CIA man (though that could just be laziness on Treyarch's part).

True Rissole25, very true. But it just seems correct that it's all coming from moon. But it's in Samuel J. Stulinjer's POV. The voice he hears in his head is Richtofen. It says that there is a "PHANTOM" singing and shouting HIS anthem. So it seems that it's from Nuketown, but all from Stulinjer's POV.(I freaking feel like I'm Marlton... :geek: )

I dont think marytr means the devil. In moon, the theme song, Samantha wants the sacrifice of the marytr. The marytr being referred to as the zombies.

so the martyrs bretheren wer not to be set free actually means, I think, the nova crawlers were not meant to be released. thats wat I think, this came to me while listening to the song while taking out the garbage. It fits, though.

• 2 months later...

Maxis talking about Richtofen, how he has lived a long time as a phantom (something that in Richtofen's case, can be heard, and seen (in power-ups), but not physically there

That's not bad. Good Thread.

Takeo- "The box is no longer here! Maybe never was...."