"We All Fall Down" Song Analysis

Rissole25

"We All Fall Down" Song Analysis

Hey guys. Just thought I'd give a try at it. My first attempt at this without any help so, sorry if it's a bit rusty. Here we go!

I am positive this is from Doctor Maxis' point of view. Read below to understand why. I can also possibly see this being a Zombies point of view. But I wanted to do the Maxis POV to see everyones thoughts.

=================================================================================================================

Video Version

=================================================================================================================

Written Version

Xenopsylla Cheopis

MDCLXV

Xenopsylla Cheopis is the latin name for the infamous Oriental Rat Flea, which spread the Plague around between rats and humans.

MDCLXV in Roman Numerals is 1665. The year The Great Plague occured in The Kingdom of England (now modern day UK). The plague was spread around via the ORF. It was estimated to have killed 20% of London's population, around 100,000 people during TGP.

Showing the Zombie epidemic is not unlike The Great Plague.

We used the helicase

Bind the CXV

Helicase is an enzyme in all living things. It is used to seperate strands of DNA, RNA or a hybrid of both into two.

CXV in Roman Numerals is 115, the element that has great power, including the undead rising.

Dr Maxis' used helicase to seperate DNA. 115 was binded into it, so 115 directly connected to DNA.

Non-responsive

And their ferritin is high

In vivo

But still seem to be alive

Non-responsive can mean different things. I interpret it as being dead.

Ferritin is essentially a protein in the body that is used as storage for Iron, only in living organisms. If Ferriten levels are high, it most commonly means there is too much Iron within the body.

In vivo means to experiment with a whole, living organism, rather than dead or partial organisms.

But still seem to be alive, indicates the experiment [seems to be alive, despite being dead.

Dr. Maxis' experiments worked, and the person is alive after being dead. A zombie.

Controls are feeling fine

Despite the awful sounds

Controls seem to be working, so it looks like it can be controlled.

Despite the awful sounds the zombie makes, it still can be controlled.

He thinks they can control the zombies at first.

Brought the incidence of

Tallowy offal down

Incidence is the rate at which something unexpected starts happening. Deaths in this case.

Tallowy is the hard fat of particularly farm animals like cattle, sheep, etc. Offal are the internal organs of butchered animals. We are the animals here.

But he can't. They start causing deaths and killing people.

We all fall down

We fall down

We all fall down

We fall down

A reference to the poem, "Ring around the Rosy". We all fall down and die from the zombies, just like the plague did to us in 1666 during The Great Plague.

Deaths toll becomes larger and larger.

The martyrs brethren

Were not to be set free

A Martyr is someone who dies for not renouncing or accepting religious principles. Commonly associated with the devil itself, Lucifer/Satan. Brethren is plural for brother. So brothers.

The zombies of course were not meant to be set free. So, Satan's brothers, the zombies, were not meant to set free from hell.

These zombies shouldn't have even existed on Earth.

In vitro planet earth

In vivo you and me

In vitro is similar to "In vivo", except it refers to the surroundings of an experiement, not usually from it's usual environment. A controlled environment. Earth is the environment for this experiment, the zombies.

We are the live experiments for these zombies to test on. It was the other way around before.

The zombies roam the earth, continuing to do what they can only do. Kill.

He had them watch me

And lock everything around

He told me

You seem awful down

He had them watch me refers to Maxis thinking that Richtofen caused the bear to watch him in ServantB04130.txt, possibly also talking about the Monkey Bomb, which Richtofen created.

And lock everything around, when Richtofen locked him, Samantha and Fluffy within the teleporter.

Awful down is a synonym for bad off. Edwards last words to him were "Goodbye, Dr. Maxis", essentially thinking they would die.

Not to mention Awful Down sounds like (We) All Fall Down, like Carrion and Carry On.

A short recap of what Edward did to Maxis.

We all fall down

We fall down

We all fall down

We fall down

Death toll becomes larger and larger.

It will end in flashes

And we'll choke on ashes

And we'll all fall down

Flashes has many meanings here. The whole paragraph refers back to the poem, so I think the main meaning refers to how quick the zombies can come and kill you, just like how quick the plague symptoms came before death. It can also be that your life 'flashes' before your life when facing death.

Ashes refers to the poem again, the third line. Bodies were cremated, turned to ashes because the plague could still spread if only buried. Zombie-wise, the ashes are a metaphor for the dead people, so the undead killing you.

We'll all fall down again refers to the poem. Killed by the plague, and killed by the zombies.

Death will come quick, and it's growing.

Long lives the phantom

I hear him sing and

Scream out his anthem

Maxis talking about Richtofen, how he has lived a long time as a phantom (something that in Richtofen's case, can be heard, and seen (in power-ups), but not physically there.

Sing refers to Richtofen talking as an Omnipotent being. How he is everywhere.

An Anthem is a song of celebration. Richtofen constantly does this, toting that he controls everything now.

Richtofen is in the Aether now, and constantly talks about how powerful he is.

I feel the shadows

Crying

Running

Coming

For me

Too dark

To see

It seems like Maxis is talking about the Zombies, but it could be possible he is talking about a different threat. He feels them around, but he can't see them.

Maxis knows evil is around.

We all fall down

We fall down

We all fall down

We fall down

Death toll becomes larger and larger.

It will end in flashes

And we'll choke on ashes

And we'll all fall down

Death will come quick, and it's growing.

It will end in ashes of their lives

We can still see flashes in our eyes

Referring back the poem, the ashes are the dead people. You will die in the bodies of the dead and undead.

Seeing your life flash before your eyes, again.

Death occurs while seeing your life.

But until it crashes

And the atom smashes

All our minds will

Just fade away

These are very interesting lyrics, with a multitude of meanings behind them can result in different interpretations.

It can refer to the Zombie Horde and Group 935 (atom). Until the zombies stop (Richtofen has no intention of letting go control), and Group 935 is finally stopped, humans will always be subjected to Zombies and keep dieing, seeing their life before their eyes.

They can also refer to the zombies make-up, referred to at the start. The Helicase and the 115 connected to the DNA. Until the Helicase stops splitting DNA strands (it crashes), and until 115 goes away from the DNA (smashes, possibly from the Helicase), the zombies will stay like that.

That brings up the idea that Zombies can be cured (we know it's possible, but on a wide-spread scale).

It will end in flashes

And we'll choke on ashes

Death will come quick.

And we'll fall

And it's growing.

Conclusion

Wow! That was a lot to get through! Below is a basic summary of what the song talks about.

The plague is very similar to the zombies.

Maxis talks about his and Richtofen's relationship, and what Richtofen does now.

Maxis creating the zombies, regretting it, and what they're capable of.

That change is needed to stop all this.

I truly believe this is Dr. Maxis POV, even if some parts seem like a zombies. It is unique and interesting though, the lyrics and such. Clear use of the poem 'Ring Around The Rosie'. I love this song though, it's shortness is an appeal to me.

Tell me what you guys think! What are your thoughts on it? What do you think about certain lyrics?

Shoutout to Kevin Sherwood! Thanks for Tweeting and Facebooking this analysis man! :D

'>

Interesting links to check out:

Xenopsylla Cheopis (Oriental Rat Flea)

Helicase

In vivo

In vitro

Ring Around The Rosie

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Great analysis Rissole! I have yet to purchase the DLC yet (oh, I hate Microsoft for recalling the cards in my area), but I do really like the song! I guess now, Maxis is doubting whether creating the first zombie was such a great discovery as he though it might be. It wasn't exactly the cause of his eminent demise, but it sure made this worse alongside the betrayal.

This information is very helpful to seeing Maxis' perspective of the situation at hand. Thanks again, and keep up the great work. :)

Wow, really awesome! I looked into a lot of the stuff before but what you said is exactly the same, it's interesting at how they tie things in yet it's quite a simple concept. At first I believed it was Richtofen's POV, but now with everything you've said I believe it's Maxis', and who knows, the POV of the songs might flip flop from map to map.

First of all, you did a really nice job! You saved me a lot of time and research!

The one thing I was wondering about is the POV of the song.

I think it is from Richtofen and he is lamenting about his fate and how he can't control the zombies.

"Carrion" and the songs from Sam's POV mention something about their inability to control things and their sorrow. They also refer to some supernatural force that is controlling them. With this is mind

The lines

"He had them watch me

He told me

You seem awful down"

and

"

Long lives the phantom

I hear him sing and

Scream out his anthem"

seem to make me think that Richtofen is talking about his voices.

The first set of lyrics point to some being of some sort who seems to be talking to Richtofen ( Like he does with Samuel). The voice seems to be playing some manipulative role. It notices Richtofen is "down"( maybe his mental state? or his schizophrenia?) which, makes him susceptible to these voices. The voice is about to give him a command of some sort.

The second set of lyrics make me think that the "Phantom" is this demon type being. The phantom is his master or his controller. Notice "I Hear him sing and Scream his anthem".

It is like he is being possessed.

And the part about the crashing and the atom smashing made me think of things nuclear weapons, the Manhattan Project, Green Run, and the 115 missiles.

Maybe, a bomb is the only way to wipe out the infection?

Anyway, Thats mah 2cents!

I'm not a Roman but I do think that MDCLXV is 1665 not 1666

Thank you haha. I obviously didn't look at it long enough to realize V is 5, whereas VI is 6.

Thanks guys! I really was astounded to find Kevin had tweeted it. Honestly, after listening to the song for about an hour, I just thought why not do an analysis of it! So I did my research, looked at back at some old radio and terminal transcripts, and managed to come up with this in a couple of hours.

At first, I did think the POV was of Group 935 as a whole actually. Than I started thinking about there members individually. Maxis just seemed to fit it most. However I didn't consider Richtofen as the POV. It does seem to fit though.

If it is indeed Richtofen, than it seems like he is regretful for the whole zombies ordeal. It seems a little odd for him, seeing as he has control now.

I am gonna go with it being Maxis still. But if you wanted to Matuzz, I wouldn't mind seeing your interpretation with Richtofen's POV. :)

But until it crashes

But until it crashes

And the atom smashes

All our minds will

Just fade away

It will end in flashes

And we'll choke on ashes

And we'll fall

My interpretation of this part of the song is more obvious than it appears.

But until it crashes - Nuclear Warhead

and the atom smashes - Nuclear Explosion

All our minds will just fade away - We'll die and become one of them.

It will end in flashes - The Flashes of a Nuclear Bomb

and we'll choke on Ashes - The Nuclear Fallout

And we'll fall - Human Extinction to Explosion or Radiation

Basically, The end of the song is just referring to the end of the story. Possibly foreshadowing the end of "Zombies". Face it there is no happy ending to an Apocalypse. All you can do is survive, a planet full of crazed, undead creatures has no chance of reconstruction. So, the best bet is to give up.

It's a chessboard. You're just a King against another King. Except he has a board full of pawns. Instead of making the wrong move and being taken. You just "Fall Down"

Checkmate.

By the way, very detailed and thought out analysis. Props to you Sir. :mrgreen:

u are indeed very good at decyphering lyrics. I believe you to be 100% right in your analysis except for the POV I beleive that the lyrics could also strongly reflect on events from Samantha's POV.

The 115 mixing with the DNA is something I predicted when I first joined the site. I wish I could write as good as you, I have shitty post structure in general. No one believes what I say when I have a shitty format and haven't been a member for 2 years. Im kinda disappointed that people dont take me seriously for these reasons, but also I am just glad that the info is getting out there.

I haven't heard the actual song yet because I wanted to read this analysis before listening and just from the reading, I feel like this song is very cryptic and may perhaps even be hinting at the fact that Stuhlinger may have .... may have... been a zombie at some point. There are supporting clues such as the intro sequence showing a zombie eating an arm, but the zombie may not be a zombie as he has been eating the flesh too. This sounds far fetched and rediculus at first but dwell on it for a moment and try to poke holes in it... Also the fact that all this began trying to create super soldiars and found some to be immune or inneffective, the gun from CotD that turned people back into humans and his mysterious past that causes him to not trust gov't at all and his crazy "alien abduction" stories.

We know that the others mock him for eating flesh already so I assume they know about it already, but perhaps this is another aspect of the past that would actually cause our crew to turn on him and kill him like he fears.

Also he believes he has been "abducted" by aliens. The effects of alien abduction are similar to the ones described by the CDC from the television. Memory loss and all that. Not to mention the fact that Stu is just plain unstable. Perhaps psychosis caused by a repressed psychological trauma such as death? IDK IDK IDK ill say that a bunch of times because this is all just speculation, but it makes sense to me. AT LEAST as a plausibility.

But until it crashes

But until it crashes

And the atom smashes

All our minds will

Just fade away

It will end in flashes

And we'll choke on ashes

And we'll fall

My interpretation of this part of the song is more obvious than it appears.

But until it crashes - Nuclear Warhead

and the atom smashes - Nuclear Explosion

All our minds will just fade away - We'll die and become one of them.

It will end in flashes - The Flashes of a Nuclear Bomb

and we'll choke on Ashes - The Nuclear Fallout

And we'll fall - Human Extinction to Explosion or Radiation

Basically, The end of the song is just referring to the end of the story. Possibly foreshadowing the end of "Zombies". Face it there is no happy ending to an Apocalypse. All you can do is survive, a planet full of crazed, undead creatures has no chance of reconstruction. So, the best bet is to give up.

It's a chessboard. You're just a King against another King. Except he has a board full of pawns. Instead of making the wrong move and being taken. You just "Fall Down"

Checkmate.

By the way, very detailed and thought out analysis. Props to you Sir. :mrgreen:

This actually makes a lot of sense, you reach a stalemate in the game where there can really be no winner, instead of making the same moves over and over or calling it a draw you decide to smash the chessboard and destroy the game altogether.

This analysis is really great by the way, The only thing that makes me think this could be from Richtofin's POV is the Phantom line because that's basically what maxis is, a Phantom speaking to you through electronics. But the rest of the song seems to point towards Maxis, there could be a chance that its from both of their POV's?

Thanks for the input guys! Granted I could be wrong, but I just see it as Maxis' POV. Might even be multiple POV's, but I'm sure Maxis is one of them.

If anyone reading this wants to make a song analysis, please do so. Don't not do it because I did one. I want to see others opinions and thoughts on it, understand the way you see it. I can't just view it in one light.

Kevin encouraged a guy to do one, but he didn't because he thought he would be copying me. You would not be copying me, even if it's similar. Those are your thoughts, not mine. If it is troubling you, do not look at this analysis until you are done writing yours.

But yeah, please make analysis's guys if you want to!

For the line "But until it crashes and the atom smashes all our minds will just fade away" There's one thing you forgot to mention. I think it's a reference to the rockets hitting Earth. An Atomic bomb works by... Well... Smashing atoms, which causes an enormous explosion, which is pretty much what happened to Earth. And maybe it hints to what happened to the original characters, their minds faded away? Are they zombies now?

For the line "But until it crashes and the atom smashes all our minds will just fade away" There's one thing you forgot to mention. I think it's a reference to the rockets hitting Earth. An Atomic bomb works by... Well... Smashing atoms, which causes an enormous explosion, which is pretty much what happened to Earth. And maybe it hints to what happened to the original characters, their minds faded away? Are they zombies now?

I take it as this

The nuke is basically wiping the slate clean and without it you'll eventually be driven mad from constantly living in fear and surviving the hordes of undead that is if you don't become a zombie yourself.

Here is my take on this song. There is overlap and parts I do agree with, but I truly believe the POV is Richtofen describing the creation of the zombies and his current state. Also throughout the song Richtofen is repeating/telling and believing what he is being told by the voices. Rictofen’s possession by the Voice has become overpowering. He is telling us the past, the present, and future. He talks about some type of cataclysmic event that might occur.

The voices- the supernatural force within the machine.

Xenopsylla Cheopis

MDCLXV

-Same as Rissole25, the connection to the Plague, Roman Numeral 115.

We used the helicase

Bind the CXV

- Same, bondage of 115 to DNA. Shows the creation of zombies

Non-responsive

And their ferritin is high

In vivo

But still seem to be alive

- Same thing no need to elaborate.

Controls are feeling fine

Despite the awful sounds

- Here is where I depart. The slight change in pace of the song to me indicates that Richtofen has switched from talking about the past to the present. Almost like a chorus, this part is not really connected to the current story.

Now, what is he talking about? The Pyramid! This is Richtofen getting used to being in control of the Zombies. The awful sounds? The screams of the undead or the Demon within the machine. He is hearing the voices within the machine that will soon be his undoing.

Brought the incidence of

Tallowy offal down

- In this case incidence refers to epidemiology. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidence_(epidemiology)

The rate the Zombie Plague is spreading fast. It has become an epidemic.

Like Rissole25, tallow is fat and offal is butchered meat, I believe this refers to Humans.

We have become their cattle. The awful sounds are the Voice demanding blood.

We all fall down

We fall down

We all fall down

We fall down

-Connection to "Ring around the Rosy" and zombies. But, possible the atom bomb or nuclear weapons (They are mentioned later). The part before this line in "Ring around the Rosy" is “Ashes to Ashes” then “We all fall down”. Biblical reference to “Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust”. Another illusion to death, but also reference to the destruction brought on by weapons. The ashes from a nuclear holocaust.

The martyrs brethren

Were not to be set free

- The maryrs maybe are the heroes. The TranZit group? It could also be all the trapped characters including Dempsey and CO. They are the key to this epidemic. They could be martyrs in both ways.

Dempsey and Co. started the Zombie Apocalypse as they are the Martyrs of the Flesh. Or Dempsey and CO. are the key to stopping this epidemic. We need to set them free. But, we are not worthy of setting them free and deserve our crime OR the voice does not want them free.

In vitro planet earth

In vivo you and me

- In Vitro again a controlled experimental field. Earth is the testing ground for the zombies and or the starting of the master plan of the Voice.

Another guess- Now I am sure I am One HUNDRED percent wrong, but I tried to find the Latin root and nominative form (the normal form) of Vitro. Nothing matched up to my knowledge based on Latin grammatical construction. I even checked the Latin dictionary. According to the internet the supposed matches for Vitro are

vita : life, way of life.

vitiosus : vicious, full of vice, corrupt.

vitium : fault, vice, crime.

vito : to avoid, shun.

vitualis-e : manliness, virtures

vituperium : insult

http://www.archives.nd.edu/cgi-bin/look ... atin=vitro

I am assuming they are just finding the closest words similar spelling, construction, and meaning, so I don’t think it necessarily comes from anyone. I just find some of the matches interesting. Worth a gander I think.

In Vivo refers to an experiment (Most likely the answer).

But a Latin translation could literally mean “In Living, In alive, In fresh”. Richtofen could be saying you and I are alive. We both are fresh; maybe un-touched by the plague?

He had them watch me

He told me

You seem awful down

- Possible Retrospect of Richtofen. Referring to the voice telling him what to do during the experiment.

“Them watch me”- Illuminati watching Richtofen? Do they follow the voice’s commands?

“Lock everything down”- Locking Maxis and Samantha in the room? Der Riese?

The first set of lyrics point to some being of some sort who seems to be talking to Richtofen ( Like he does with Samuel). The voice seems to be playing some manipulative role. It notices Richtofen is "down"( maybe his mental state? or his schizophrenia?) which, makes him susceptible to these voices. The voice is about to give him a command of some sort. Richtofen could also being regretting what he did. HE feels bad for what he did but, the voice tells him otherwise.

We all fall down

We fall down

We all fall down

We fall down

- Same

It will end in flashes

And we'll choke on ashes

And we'll all fall down

- An Atom Bomb, Nuclear Weapon, Emp. Something that creates a blast of light.

Ashes could specifically refer to the ashes brought with the advent of something nuclear weapons detonating. Like a dust cloud.

We will all die from this bomb “Choke on ashes”. We will literally choke.

The end of the Zombie Apocalypse will end with an explosion.

It could be a nuclear weapon to kill the zombies OR it could be the intention of the Voice to destroy Earth. In the latter is that why Richtofen wants to “Mend the Rift”? To stop the obliteration.

The Manhattan Project, Green Run, and the 115 missiles, Anyone?

Long lives the phantom

I hear him sing and

Scream out his anthem

-THIS IS KEY!

A phantom is a shade, shadow, evil spirit type thing

Richtofen is possessed or being manipulated! The set of lyrics make me think that the "Phantom" is this demon type being. The voice. The phantom is his master or his controller. Notice "I Hear him sing and Scream his anthem". It is like he is being possessed. It calls him and he answers back, a forced or blind devotion to this force.He must carry out his “anthem”.

I feel the shadows

Crying

Running

Coming

For me

Too dark

To see

His time is coming to an end. HE is weakening. The shadows are consuming him. Maybe the tortured souls/zombies plague him. He hears their pain OR the Voice has finally decided to take over. Bedsides the crying, I think the shadows are the latter. Richtofen is a mere pawn and he is about to be consumed. “Too dark to see”- Sleeping aka a form of death

We all fall down

We fall down

We all fall down

We fall down

- Same

It will end in flashes

And we'll choke on ashes

And we'll all fall down

- Same

It will end in ashes of their lives

We can still see flashes in our eyes

- . Their lives- the zombies or the human race. OR could it be the TranZit gang or Dempsey and Co.; their “Ashes of their lives” the martyr concept again?

“Flashes” Nuclear Weapons again.

“Flashes” Maybe and EMP? Makes me think about the flash of the EMP stops the light in the zombies eyes.

But until it crashes

And the atom smashes

All our minds will

Just fade away

- “Crashes and ATOM smashes” a nuclear weapon being dropped? Atom Bomb. Binary Fission? The end brought on by some type of explosion once again.

- I would say the explosion kill us all “all or minds…fade away”, but the Lyric says “Until the it crashes”. So maybe we will all become Zombies or slaves to the Voice? We need to be freed?

It will end in flashes

And we'll choke on ashes

-Same

And we'll fall

- This is the “prophetic” end or what is meant to happen. We are all dead. Maybe it can be stopped?

I really like the Phantom point.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/vBulle ... is-Lucifer

Mind the format, some of it didn't transfer well over to vB. I could login and change it, but there really is no point right now.

I created the thread a long time ago. Although my thinking has changed since than, I do still partially believe it.

Instead of the evil force being the Devil, I'm thinking it's more the Vril-Ya now than Lucifer. I still think he is involved somehow, but the voices I'm leaning more and more to being Vril-Ya. But the same idea and concepts from the thread still apply.

The phantom aspect could be referring to the evil power, the one that Richtofen heard when he first touched the MPD, the one he continued to hear throughout his journey, and possibly hear now as a resident of Aether.

But we know Samantha can hear them now, because she is in Richtofen's body, so it must be attached to his body.

Thanks for your analysis Mattzs! :)

I guess that’s my luck, the first major impression I made, I already did something wrong. :lol: Whoops, I'm really sorry about that.

I have been out of the loop for a while now. I was going to post this earlier, but I was away for the weekend and my phone couldn't do that massive of a post. It kept getting pushed back.

I also transferred this from word and I thought I fixed all the mistakes.

Do you want me to make it smaller or something? I am really new to the layout.