CoDz official Turned general feedback and first impressions

MegaAfroMan

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After my first few plays of this mode, I've got to say I like it. I think it is fun, and hectic, and overall a good laugh.

However I played it with 2 friends. I do not think I would enjoy this nearly as much if 50% or more of the lobby was randoms. I think it is a great little game for 4 friends to go play to kill 10 or however many minutes, but I don't think its useful for much else.

As far as the actual game goes, I feel like they did a decent job with balancing out the sides, as long as there are even only two zombies and one human it is still fun. One on one is not though... :P

I'm not sure what the long-term replayability is, but I have never laughed so hard playing zombies with my friends.

The human could use some more gun options.

Edit: this is a silly game, if you play for fun, you will be a winner, if you play to win, you are already a loser.

I hate Turned. Why would stats in the games you play be recorded? When I look at somebody's rank I'm not looking for how well they play Turned; you don't even work as a team in it! My K/D went down by about 10 by playing two games of it without realising, now I have to get about 10,000 zombie kills to get it back up. Freaking annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

It's different i will give it that but i have a feeling it will die out quick seeing as players who care about stats wont want to take the downs. Treyarch should of made it to where Custom/Grief/Turned shouldn't count towards stats and rank that way players who do care about rank/stats( i know everyone doesn't)could play these game modes and have no worries. That and its only 1 map unless they expand on grief/turned i think alot of ppl will grow tired of the 2modes with limited choices.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Funny. Everyone wanted to play as a zombie, and now they do, they hate it. :P

14 days. Looking forward to it. :)

Why does everyone keep saying this?

I can't remember very many threads on this site or the Activision forums in the last 3 years, where people cried out to be a zombie.

Maybe I just missed them.

• 1 month later...

I agree @ Wolf. I'm not really a fan of this mode. It's OK though in terms of getting to experience that. But, it's too much like Halo's infected; the feel, the look, etc... Maybe that's the only way to do it though based on the means? I don't know.

@Rissole: I don't hate it. I just think that by looking at how we play in a non-zombie perspective, it seems that the zombies have a different feel to them. The way they move, run, yell, etc... seem to be poorly conducted in Turned. It doesn't feel the same as it looks while playing when the zombies chase us.

Understandable. I get what you mean. It's the same speed as when they run after the bus. Plus some power-ups have me confused. I believe blue power-ups can be picked up by anyone, but I'm not sure what the "chained" Monkey Bomb (the blue one) does, or how it's different to the normal. I've noticed that it becomes a power-up immediately after it explodes so you can use it again, but that's probably 1-2 to times tops.

If perks were involved (for both sides or human at least), it would seem more 'realistic' to zombies.

Understandable. I get what you mean. It's the same speed as when they run after the bus. Plus some power-ups have me confused. I believe blue power-ups can be picked up by anyone, but I'm not sure what the "chained" Monkey Bomb (the blue one) does, or how it's different to the normal. I've noticed that it becomes a power-up immediately after it explodes so you can use it again, but that's probably 1-2 to times tops.

If perks were involved (for both sides or human at least), it would seem more 'realistic' to zombies.

I think that you can have as many monkeys as you can if you keep killing with them. I've had 4 monkeys in a run before.( I got 5000 points in that game. I was very happy :) ) I love turned as a mini game but it definitely needs more maps to spice it up a bit. Or something else.

• 3 weeks later...