CoDz official Die Rise general feedback and first impression

MegaAfroMan

So far after playing it, I have to say it was the most exciting time I've had with zombies on BO2. Although riding the bus and discovering the "hidden" locations in TranZit was a neat experience, this was just awesome. I jumped a few times in my seat while playing. The Sliquifier has become my new favorite WunderWeapon. Not because of it's killing potential, but because it's so hilarious and chaotic, I'm just sad that it cannot be pack-a-punched by any known means currently. I love the Nova round, I think it was definitely a cool addition to the game and helps bring back that BO1 feel. I'm not sure how long this map will be entertaining for, but I have high hopes.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I have to agree with Afro; this map really set a higher standard for Zombies. Tranzit was great and all, but Die Rise is absolutely dominating its predecessor. The combination of good ol' Verruckt and Shangri-La. There are some tight spots, but also very spacious rooms where you'll be training if you have the correct maneuvering techniques.

The weapons chosen for the map are superb with the addition of a few modernized weapons like the PDW and ANS, and let's not forget the beloved Sliquifier! Placement for said weapons are justifiable, and prevent too much proficiency in a given area or too little survival. Add in some Mule Kick, and you'll be having a blast in no time.

I really like this map as far as the baby factor goes:

If Verruckt and Ascension got together for night of consentual stickiness Di Rise would be the bastard love child of that coupling.

There are tight hallways and plenty of viable rooms to camp in, but it also has 3 or 4 good areas to train if your a circle guy.

The new WW which we have all nicknamed the "Jizz Cannon" is the best thing since the "Baby Maker" as far as pure fun factor goes.

The boss round is perfect it is easy to handle as a team, but punishes lone wolves, giving you the incentive to stay together.

The only down side to me is the random nature of the Perk/PaP elevators it makes the first couple rounds after power gets turned on a scavenger hunt. Which is kinda a pain, but not as much so as Green Run or Moon.

All in All I think this is great first effort for DLC and I hope they continue this trend with future DLCs

The pathway down to the AN-94 is ridiculously stupid. Those slides still damage you, and I died so many times in a glitch on that last slide where (without getting hit) I just get stuck and die. And then I have Who's Who and I can't even revive myself because it's up there... stuck.

Fix this bullshit, Treyarch. Seriously.

The pathway down to the AN-94 is ridiculously stupid. Those slides still damage you, and I died so many times in a glitch on that last slide where (without getting hit) I just get stuck and die. And then I have Who's Who and I can't even revive myself because it's up there... stuck.

Fix this bullshit, Treyarch. Seriously.

I have to agree with this, although I like the path its really glitchy and the first slide will sometimes down you too with no prior damage

I still think there's a couple places I haven't even seen yet, but I'm really loving Die Rise. The Wonder Weapon is ridiculous. Boss rounds are amazing—they're tougher than dogs, but not as bad as monkeys. Who's Who basically eliminates the need for Quick Revive on solo. Losing a revive will now never be a problem. However, I think the OP Wonder Weapon and OP new perk are both needed. This map is very hard, and Treyarch realized this. So many corners, so many narrow hallways. The best spot to train is still about three times harder than the farm in Green Run.

This map is incredible though. I love the atmosphere of it and I love how different it is from all the other maps. Someone said that they took their losses with Tranzit, and only brought back the good things from it (ie buildables). I agree with this 115%. There's a lot of bullshit with falling off the edge and getting around the map is still pretty tedious, but they brought back the buildables. They brought back boss rounds. They brought back a true Wonder Weapon. They got rid of fog, fire, and denizens.

This may just be my second favorite map ever (behind No Man's Land, of course). I'm going to have a lot of fun over the next couple years with this map, and hopefully with the three following maps to come. :lol:

Once I hit 50 or 60 this weekend (hopefully), I'll have a strategy guide for yall. I know there's a lot of different ones out there right now, and I'm still experimenting, but I think I'm beginning to figure out my favorite places to survive. ;)

Yes, that slide area gets glitchy.

Tranzit was uber easy (i loved it though), this is a little more reminiscent of a 'real' zombie map. So many possible avenues of travel.

Turned cracks me up...seeing those high speed zombies running after me makes it hard to play because I laugh too much.

With the Who's who perk you spawn in a "clone" of yourself armed with an M1911. So it's an automatic revive already, HOWEVER, your dying corpse is still bleeding out where you downed, so you have the opportunity to try and revive yourself. If you do, your clone vanishes, and you resume as if nothing happened, and the only thing you lose from downing is who's who. Conversely, if you downed and there is a massive horde running towards your newly spawned clone, you can choose to just abandon your old body. Your clone can by weapons, and perks and do everything you could do in the first place. The only downside is that everything you had when the original you downed dies with the original you. Your clone only gets to start with an M1911. So depending on the round, where you are, and your skill level, surviving could be tough.

Pro's over QR

-----------------

Potentially infinite uses (as far as I know)

You keep all of your perks except Who's who

Works in solo and multiplayer

Con's over QR

-------------------

More difficult to keep guns.

(QR Guarantees you get revived and get to keep your weapons, WW only grants you an M1911)

Can get swarmed upon spawning

EDIT: Aw :( I'm posting this anyways.

Played with a buddy the other day. Went through about 10 total runs of it the last ended on round 16 because I accidentally let myself get forced into an elevator shaft. I think based on that limited playing time it's become my favorite map. Other than Ascension, Verruckt was my favorite and this is basically a bigger, more intricate, beautiful Verruckt. Being able to get a pack a punched AN 94 and Sluqifier early on defeats my need to box for a while. Still haven't familiarized myself with all the strategies. Ended up going down on round 16 by the dragon. Haven't built the flinger pad thing yet either. Can't wait till the end of the month.

Well here's my opinion on Great Leap Forward and Die Rise (and just to be clear i consider myself a very good zombies player and have been playing since WaW) --

-First impression: Wow this map is huge. Lots of doors and alot of ways to get everywhere. The rooms are all very small and with all the junk rape-training is gonna be extremely difficult. The mysterious box has yet to be touched by me, as i can never find it and when i do i never have enough money. Over-all the map looks good and very well designed.

-Thoughts after playing it for a few hours: I honestly don't like this map. At all really. It's almost impossible to upgrade, as the PaP is on an elevator and every time i've tried to PaP the elevator left with my fucking gun. Who's Who was a GREAT idea and i really like the perk. I'm very glad they put it in. The map design itself makes everything a hassle, because basically if you move you'll get stuck on something, and if you get down, there's no chance your buddy will be able to get you unless he's right next to you. Getting around the map sucks too because there are way too many doors, which drains your funds, and you have to wait for an elevator to go anywhere else (which takes fucking forever). Getting perks isn't too bad, but it takes a while to get enough money and find the elevators that they're on. The Sliquifier is a good gun, much much more useful than the jet gun. The box is still untouched by me, mainly because i never live long enough to use it. In EE terms, i've decided to figure it out by myself and not look up tutorials so i still have to attempt that too, but what i can tell its more in depth than the Green Run EE, which im glad about. Now the elevators. They piss me off. Now, they are a good idea, but i think they need to tweek them a bit. Like for the PaP elevator it shouldn't move when you have a gun PaP'ing. The perk elevators should switch floors a bit faster, because i can't even tell you the amount of times i've died waiting to get jug or something. Other than that, i think the elevators were an excellent idea. I'm also very glad they put in the PDW. It's a great points gun and it's good up til round 20 unPaP'd. One more thing i hate is the nova jumper's. They constantly trap me in corners in the most BS ways, and it takes like half a clip to kill them. Also, they have 0 time between their slaps, so i get down in seconds half the time (i have the jug persistent upgrade). They need to be slowed down a bit, and their health needs to be slightly decreased. The last thing i'm kind of disappointed in is the lack of buildables. The trample steam is cool and the sliquifier is dead-helpful, but i enjoyed finding the parts in tranzit and building the stuff. Oh, and i am SO GLAD that they put mule kick in this map. I missed you baby c:

So basically, if Treyarch tweeked the PaP elevator and the nova jumpers' health this would be a very nice map, but until then I'm ranking it next to shangri-la (very good theory, but poor in practice)

Pros:

It actually took me multiple games to wrap my head around the layout

Amazing wonderweapon (*amazing*)

awesome design (MC escher)

New guns (pdw, an94)

Who's who (essentially a more well-balanced tombstone)

New buildables that are actually not useless (trampo-steam is the most useful thing ever)

A boss that is actually hard (hence the name boss) and not just a free Max ammo

It's actually hard

Perk bottles make a return

Forgot to mention that boss is round-based (hellz to the yeah)

Pack a punch that you have to find but once you find it it's easy to access

SOMEBODY GRAB SOME OINTMENT! (Quotes get me every time) *wipes away tear*

We All fall down

High rounds aren't handed to you on a silver platter

We all fall down again

You can get knuckles without sacrificing a part

You rely more heavily on teammates

It is tight like Verrückt but with a few nice training spots. a perfectly balanced map.

No denziens (they weren't that bad but I don't like ANY area specific enemies)

No Flopper (admit it; it was a crutch)

Opening cutscene of excellence

PDW PAP'd is better than what I could hope to Geri from the box. New STRONG guns.

The list goes on but my mind is a little strained right now.

Cons:

I got nothin'. :mrgreen:

Me and my mate just tried to go to a high wave. We both go down on the slide after getting all our stuff on round 18.

My friend fell through the slide, the one going to the upside down room. After that Richtofen starts laughing. Before that I took the big slide to AN-94 and died randomly also losing ALL of my stuff like I got in Who's Who mode.

I'm not playing this bullcrap again.

Pros:

It actually took me multiple games to wrap my head around the layout

Amazing wonderweapon (*amazing*)

awesome design (MC escher)

New guns (pdw, an94)

Who's who (essentially a more well-balanced tombstone)

New buildables that are actually not useless (trampo-steam is the most useful thing ever)

A boss that is actually hard (hence the name boss) and not just a free Max ammo

It's actually hard

Perk bottles make a return

Forgot to mention that boss is round-based (hellz to the yeah)

Pack a punch that you have to find but once you find it it's easy to access

SOMEBODY GRAB SOME OINTMENT! (Quotes get me every time) *wipes away tear*

We All fall down

High rounds aren't handed to you on a silver platter

We all fall down again

You can get knuckles without sacrificing a part

You rely more heavily on teammates

It is tight like Verrückt but with a few nice training spots. a perfectly balanced map.

No denziens (they weren't that bad but I don't like ANY area specific enemies)

No Flopper (admit it; it was a crutch)

Opening cutscene of excellence

PDW PAP'd is better than what I could hope to Geri from the box. New STRONG guns.

The list goes on but my mind is a little strained right now.

Cons:

I got nothin'. :mrgreen:

except for the slide death glitches